• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Apple APPS

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
In the news Apple takes 30% of the price of Apple third party APPS. Apple is being sued for artificially inflating prices.

Wouldn't that apply to every middle man? My grocery store inflates the price of food. The local gas station inflates the price of gas.

Vendors have to pay Apple to get apps on the phone. Vendors can not market directly to Apple users, so the story went.

Vendors have to pay Apple to get apps on the phone. Vendors can not market directly to Apple users, so the story went.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is here. Those people (foolishly IMO) chose to use a smart phone which has that model. They could have gone with alternatives that do not have that model.

And to be fair to Apple, the apple store does add some value, such as having more oversight over the apps that are available. The android ecosystem is much more of a wild-west scenario.

Anyway, I'm not going to be crying any tears for Apple.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is here. Those people (foolishly IMO) chose to use a smart phone which has that model. They could have gone with alternatives that do not have that model.

And to be fair to Apple, the apple store does add some value, such as having more oversight over the apps that are available. The android ecosystem is much more of a wild-west scenario.

Anyway, I'm not going to be crying any tears for Apple.

^ This.

If you think that 30% is too much to pay for Apple's service in reducing the prevalence of malware and in providing a convenient 'one stop shop' for apps, then you can simply choose an Android rather than an iPhone. All retailers sell at above the wholesale price; That's their business model. If you think their markup is too steep, shop elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom