• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Are You Fucking Kidding Me?

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
Video shows 10-year-old autistic boy getting arrested at school

"His mother, Luanne Haygood, who was filming the emotional scene, said she and her son had been called into the school for state standardizing testing April 12; while they were there, she said, officers arrested her son for an incident that occurred in October."

There was an outstanding warrant... for a 10 year old?

I think the trouble with "autism" these days is that the term has lost its meaning in the general populace. It used to mean what this child has. Since the reorganization of the classifications, what is autism vs autism spectrum disorder is terribly muddled. Also the cops have never seen Rainman?

Rainman did not have autism.

Most people with savant syndrome suffer from autism. However, in spite of lending inspiration to a movie character with autism, Kim Peek did not himself suffer from autism. A brain imaging study (MRI) of Peek's brain revealed an absence of the corpus callosum, the anterior commissure and the hippocampal commissure, the three main parts of the neurological system that transfer information between the right and the left hemispheres of the brain. It was presumably this separation of the hemispheres that allowed Kim Peek to simultaneously read both pages of an open book and retain the information.

Kim Peek's condition, which is also known as "agenesis of the corpus callosum" is among the most common human brain malformations, occurring in at least 1 in 4000 individuals. A rudimentary form of the corpus callosum appears during the 12th week of pregnancy, and the interhemispheric brain structure continues to develop during pregnancy and early childhood. In fact, this important nerve bundle is still maturing until early adulthood. There are numerous factors that can cause an absence or a malformation of the corpus callosum, including genetics, infections and intoxication during pregnancy or early childhood.

I have a sneaking suspicion that school staff don't care much for the mother. There's so much not right here. Even the subtle irrelevancies aren't adding up.

There was an outstanding warrant... for a 10 year old?

I think the trouble with "autism" these days is that the term has lost its meaning in the general populace. It used to mean what this child has. Since the reorganization of the classifications, what is autism vs autism spectrum disorder is terribly muddled. Also the cops have never seen Rainman?

I do not blame the cops but the caretakers who called the cops and pressed charges.
Also, it's Florida. What do you expect?

An Alex Jones meme no less.

I doubt very much it originated with him. The video depicts a number of alt-left SJWs (AIDS Skrillex, Carl the Cuck, Banshee and Tyrese the Urban Zulu) at some sort of anti-Trump protest in St. Louis (the Arch is clearly visible). And I must say it is pretty sad that the Trump supporter looks and sounds most normal.

By the way, I first encountered AIDS et al as characters in the Truck of Peace videos by Sye Ten Atheist. At first I thought they were just characters and not based on real people, but then I saw Jordan Horner (aka Jinger Jihadi) and I knew he is sadly all too real. Here is the pilot:

Leave it to you to propagate an alt-right meme.
You are fucking a white male! And you are fucking old! White old baby boomer! </AIDS Skrillex>

Jk. Seriously, who cares if it is an "alt-right" meme? There are idiots on both sides of the spectrum deserving of ridicule. Liberals should not be defending these alt-left morons. Btw, this is a bigger video of the exchange.

Sad when the Trump supporter is the calmest there and also seems most reasonable.

As to your actual point, it seems messed up but I would blame the facility/caretakers, not the police.

When I first saw this I was disgusted.

As was I.

But not shocked. I've heard of cops being used on younger kids than that. It's rare, luckily, but I'm pretty sure being autistic increased the odds.

Okay, Devil's advocate time: I don't know all of the facts, but I can understand why they might have called police officers to deal with the situation (Though this relies on a ton of assumptions so don't take it as gospel.)

If a ten year old autistic boy is causing problems and becomes violent, he needs to be restrained for both his safety and that of those around him. Now ideally the educators employed as part of the school's "Special Education" department should be trained for this kind of thing, but given how inconsistent funding for schools can be even in the same state, you can be left with teachers who perhaps aren't comfortable restraining an autistic child throwing a tantrum, and perhaps the school itself fears a lawsuit should the boy become injured. So from a certain perspective, it makes sense to call the police in.

Struggling to see how this justifies arresting and imprisoning him of course...But the fact that the police were involved isn't in itself a problem.

Let me get this straight. A 10 year old child misbehaves in school in late October. Through some chain of events, this leads to an arrest warrant that takes until April to be enforced at the school. There is a whole lotta wrong going on there.

His mother sounds too calm for the situation. Maybe she is just high. Maybe she was high when he was a fetus, and that is why he has cooties disorder when bad Mr. Policeman put those cold handcuffs on his wrists. His Mother exploited him on video. That is the only wrong I see, personally. Have you ever worked with an autistic kid? They have to be restrained all the time. "Poor Mom" laughs at the end of the clip. Notice that part? What an evil woman.

Last edited:
I doubt very much it originated with him. The video depicts a number of alt-left SJWs (AIDS Skrillex, Carl the Cuck, Banshee and Tyrese the Urban Zulu) at some sort of anti-Trump protest in St. Louis (the Arch is clearly visible). And I must say it is pretty sad that the Trump supporter looks and sounds most normal.

The original video linked to from the one you posted is on Alex Jones' channel, along with other videos from the same troll, who writes/films for InfoWars. I don't think anyone who works for Alex Fucking Jones has any business pointing fingers at others over their abnormal behavior.

By the way, I first encountered AIDS et al as characters in the Truck of Peace videos by Sye Ten Atheist. At first I thought they were just characters and not based on real people, but then I saw Jordan Horner (aka Jinger Jihadi) and I knew he is sadly all too real. Here is the pilot:

Who the fuck cares? You seriously spend your free time on this shit?

The original video linked to from the one you posted is on Alex Jones' channel, along with other videos from the same troll, who writes/films for InfoWars. I don't think anyone who works for Alex Fucking Jones has any business pointing fingers at others over their abnormal behavior.

Who the fuck cares? You seriously spend your free time on this shit?

It's all just coincidence, I sure.

Back
Top Bottom