• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Aron Ra video: What is Darwinism?

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism

There are legitimate uses of the term Darwinism (say, to distinguish the original conception of Evolution from the post-Synthesis version, or to distinguish it from Lamarckism which came before), and then there's how creationists use the term, which has parallels with flat Earth believers and their use of the term "ball Earth."

Darwinism is obsolete. It is the Theory Of Evolution into which feeds all the relevant branches of science.

The term Darwinism is usually used by the religious as a pejorative, often wrongly inferring 'men came from apes' is part of TOE.

Yes, I often noticed that Christians (especially evangelicals) call evolution Darwinism, for what to my mind appears to be a type of projection. They often feel that atheists "worship" Charles Darwin, or hold him in some place of devout reverence, like they do with Jesus. This is often followed by equivocation of the words, "faith", "worship" and "theory".

First off, love Aron Ra! I've been a subscriber for some time now and enjoy his content. If I had some money, I'd be a patron.

Secondly, this reminds me of what seems to be a trend among the religious: to try to create "-isms/-ists" which don't really exist. Aron has had to debunk the idea that "evolutionism" is a thing or that there are "evolutionists". While debating a theist in YouTube comments, I was surprised to learn that "scientism" actually is a thing, but most folks don't use it properly, rather they use it to mock science itself and/or the scientific method and peer review. So, as I believe he'd also say, I understand evolution and accept its conclusions, but I wouldn't say I'm an "evolutionist."

So you accept the godless evolution, and don't call yourself an evolutionist??
Then you've been brainwashed by the evolution preachers. That's like saying you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, and The Bible as the Word of God, but you're not a Christian!
90% of Darwinistas are like that - they pretend that their faith in evolution is based on scientifically observable facts, but nor a single one of them has ever been seen to have grown wings and flown away. Why not? Because evolution is a fairy tale, and faith in evolution can only be instilled at the devil-controlled hands of the anti-God liberal science establishment (aka the Deep State).
:p :p :p

Darwinism is obsolete. It is the Theory Of Evolution into which feeds all the relevant branches of science.

The term Darwinism is usually used by the religious as a pejorative, often wrongly inferring 'men came from apes' is part of TOE.

In America it is used as a perjorative, but in England they use it interchangeably with evolution because they are proud that Darwin came from there.

Isn't it odd how some cultures teach people to value truth and others do the exact opposite?

So you accept the godless evolution, and don't call yourself an evolutionist??
Then you've been brainwashed by the evolution preachers. That's like saying you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, and The Bible as the Word of God, but you're not a Christian!
90% of Darwinistas are like that - they pretend that their faith in evolution is based on scientifically observable facts, but nor a single one of them has ever been seen to have grown wings and flown away. Why not? Because evolution is a fairy tale, and faith in evolution can only be instilled at the devil-controlled hands of the anti-God liberal science establishment (aka the Deep State).
:p :p :p

Funny parody. And accurate.

In America it is used as a perjorative, but in England they use it interchangeably with evolution because they are proud that Darwin came from there.

Isn't it odd how some cultures teach people to value truth and others do the exact opposite?

Not odd at all, social evolutionary processes...

Back
Top Bottom