• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

As a reminder about the actual anti-Semitism in America

I tire of loose accusations of anti-Semitism. I understand the left-wing does have some with very loose to reckless concepts on the nation of Israel, but big S anti-Semitism finds it home in the intolerant wing of the conservatives.
Support for anti-Israel terrorists among the left are also actual antisemitism.
Flagscopy_278270.jpg

As are threats of violence. This guy from the land of the Knucklehead does not look very MAGA to me.
jaden-leblanc-mug-cropped.jpg

Charges filed against man accused of threatening Minneapolis synagogue
Of course, the source of this stuff can be from abroad as much as it can be from the US. Certainly, one party is using intolerance and hatred to push an electoral platform. And the owner of Twitter is doing all he can to stoke the fires as well.
At least the sections you quoted do not support the contention that these people are conservatives. And in any case, I think waving Hamas and Hezbollah flags etc. and making threats against synagogues is far more serious than running your keyboard on X.
Cool example of guy who is not white and who lives in some kind of group home —neither of which do not exclude him from
MAGA. Indeed, he stated he disliked is security guards, not Jews.

Obviously running your keyboard on Twitter or truth social or some other site is not as bad as making threats in person. However, such sites have the potential to inflame political tensions and widely spread lies and misinformation and help people feel good about their various bigotries. And to organize.

I was referencing her infamous Jewish Space Lasers comment from a year or two back. They are part and parcel.
If that was your intention, you should have referenced that instead of a tweet that makes no reference to "joos".
"Part and parcel" is merely your inference.

Besides, Jewish Space Lasers are real.
Whiteknight MTG - and you wonder why some people mistake you for a Trump supporter.

I was referencing her infamous Jewish Space Lasers comment from a year or two back. They are part and parcel.
If that was your intention, you should have referenced that instead of a tweet that makes no reference to "joos".

I’m sorry I took for granted that everyone would know that reference.

I tire of loose accusations of anti-Semitism. I understand the left-wing does have some with very loose to reckless concepts on the nation of Israel, but big S anti-Semitism finds it home in the intolerant wing of the conservatives.
Support for anti-Israel terrorists among the left are also actual antisemitism.

Are the Jews protesting the war in Israel anti-Semitic?

Are the Jews protesting the war in Israel anti-Semitic?
No. Neither are they waving Hamas and Hezbollah flags or calling for the victory of "Palestinian Resistance" (aka Hamas). Nor are they praising 10/7 massacre and chanting for the death of Canada, United States and Israel.

I’m sorry I took for granted that everyone would know that reference.
We know the reference. That does not make MTG was necessarily making a reference to a tweet from years ago with her new tweet.

Whiteknight MTG -
I guess we can add "whiteknighting" to the list of words you do not understand. That vocab list is becoming long.
I was not "whiteknighting" MTG just because I pointed out she was referencing the government, not Jews, in that tween Toni posted (and blew up to a ridiculous size).
and you wonder why some people mistake you for a Trump supporter.
It's not my fault that "some people" make invalid inferences because they lack both reading comprehension and ability to draw logical inferences.

Sigh. The article specifically says —in the highlight that shows in my post—that MTG has a history of blaming natural disasters on groups of people—I should point out they are people she wants people to distrust: Jews and the government.

Derec, you’re not stupid. I’m certain you got the reference and understand it.

At least with things like Chinatowns it's a big help for immigrants who don't speak much English.
It’s a big help for many communities that form around a shared language, culture, religion, etc. at a certain point, these communities can also hinder assimilation into the US. Prime example: language acquisition. It’s much easier to avoid learning English if you spend most of your time living with and around people who speak your first language. Which in turn also limits ability to progress in education and careers.

I see these communities as mostly good but also as having some potential detrimental effects.
The reality is that learning a new language as an adult is hard. Amongst those we know we have seen a 100% pattern that those who can function in their native language almost always do. Only those who are in a situation where their native language doesn't work (most commonly because they married someone who doesn't speak their language) become reasonably proficient.

At least with things like Chinatowns it's a big help for immigrants who don't speak much English.
It’s a big help for many communities that form around a shared language, culture, religion, etc. at a certain point, these communities can also hinder assimilation into the US. Prime example: language acquisition. It’s much easier to avoid learning English if you spend most of your time living with and around people who speak your first language. Which in turn also limits ability to progress in education and careers.

I see these communities as mostly good but also as having some potential detrimental effects.
The reality is that learning a new language as an adult is hard. Amongst those we know we have seen a 100% pattern that those who can function in their native language almost always do. Only those who are in a situation where their native language doesn't work (most commonly because they married someone who doesn't speak their language) become reasonably proficient.
It IS hard—and yet people do it.

I am NOT criticizing people who do not learn English to proficiency but it does hinder their ability to fully integrate and get the best out of their new home and indeed, hinders them from feeling at home on their new country.

The big difference between left wing and right wing anti Semites is that it's the right who ask them to run for office.

And before the usual suspects post an out of context quote from the squad or some other disingenuous whataboutism bullshit, being critical of Netanyahu's government is not the same as anti semitism.

Back
Top Bottom