• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Atheists likely to be wealthier

The problem with such a claim, No Robots, is that MOST people are MOSTLY right MOST of the time, but the Bible is so often wrong, the words of the occasionally insightful socially minded people so often misunderstood by others or even themselves, that it's lack of some secular basis of logic renders it a mere curiosity.
So the atheists continue with their dismissal and remain useless pylons and helpless stooges. Q.E.D., motherfuckers. Hope you enjoy watching your country burn to the ground.
No, atheists continue to be the one source of building a philosophical structure on well founded principles independent of religious claims.

The reality is that the people trying to burn everything don't care about the Bible in the first place. It is fairly universally used as a basis for an argument from authority that has said, at some point or another, every possible thing every possible person with any possible agenda ever pursued.

There's no way to use something so contradictory to criticize folks since there will always be an equally biblical counter.

I respectfully disagree. I will continue to seek out atheists who are open to my views. Thanks for the hearing.

You are 100% correct, sir.

Oh fuck you. Don't pretend to act all civil and polite when you just slandered all atheists.
Was I civil and polite? Oh, I am sorry. Let me fix that. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Feel better?

I was more going for you acknowledging that what you did was slander, but you're too much of a dumbfuck to get that.
Slander? Your own guru says as much.

He talks about how evolutionary theory has no moral authority. That means IT HAS NO SAY IN WHAT WE SHOULD DO, YOU DUMBFUCK. READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE.

Oh fuck you. Don't pretend to act all civil and polite when you just slandered all atheists.
Was I civil and polite? Oh, I am sorry. Let me fix that. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Feel better?

I was more going for you acknowledging that what you did was slander, but you're too much of a dumbfuck to get that.
That's another of your annoying religious attitudes. Your habit of referring to human authorities as though they are speaking for God or something.

Non-theist people don't tend to do that.
Tom

That's another of your annoying religious attitudes. Your habit of referring to human authorities as though they are speaking for God or something.

Tom

Well, good luck with your genteel, sniffy atheism. I'm sure the MAGA crowd will love your effete put downs of the spiritual Left.

Tom

*Brings up article that says the opposite of what they're saying* "Aha! Checkmate, atheists!

Here's a key quotation from Carrier's piece:

Yes, the historical fact that there aren't any armies of mad frothing atheists ravaging the countryside, skeet-shooting kittens and rounding up sex slaves, is still a good argument against the Christian's irrational worry. Generally if you think there are ten million ticking time bombs in your country just a bump away from detonating, the fact that this almost never happens should be a bit of a clue.

Now, in the time since Carrier wrote this in 2008, we have all become aware that there are in fact ten million ticking time bombs in your country just a bump away from detonating. Plenty of places to point fingers for this. What to do? Welp, I've made my call with my anti-atheist slander. Good luck with your snivelling!

there are in fact ten million ticking time bombs in your country

Cool, can you provide any evidence instead of just spewing bullshit?
What are Trump's polling numbers these days?

The majority of Trump supporters are atheists? LOL
Didn't say that. I said there are millions of Trump supporters, many of whom are ticking time bombs. Atheists could play a role in dealing with this very dangerous situation. Maybe they prefer to express their hurt fee-fees on the internet.

Well, I would say the majority of them are solipsists moreso than atheists.

They rather believe they DO hear "God" and that "God" tells them to go on being a piece of shit.

These are time bombs given leave by the message that they are "forgiven" and "free at last from the consequences of sin".

In this case, coming to the realization that any voice they hear is part of their own physical brain (and thus not necessarily good to heed) is important.

The suspicion here is key, as it is doubt that is the foundation of progress.

we have all become aware that there are in fact ten million ticking time bombs
You and the frog in your pocket? Your awareness of ANYTHING is vastly suspect, given the unaware crap you post here.
Elixir is not a MAGA troll, last I knew. The forum has some, but Elixir is not it AFAIK.

Last I knew Elixir was on team "build up the world for the sake of ourselves and our fellows, making it compatible to as many lives and ways of living as we may."

The United States and its satellites are in a battle to the death with the forces of reaction, ignorance and oppression. In this battle, atheists have a major role. However, unless and until they learn to use the Bible rather than just dismiss it, they will be useless pylons for their allies and helpless stooges for the forces they oppose.
Yeah yeah,
From Crusading Popes to Cortez to Trump to You, "We must crush the evil doers and Rule!"
Tom
And you just sit back and let the fuckers run over you. Well, not me, pal.
And what exactly are you going to do? Or have done to stop the "fuckers"?

we have all become aware that there are in fact ten million ticking time bombs
You and the frog in your pocket? Your awareness of ANYTHING is vastly suspect, given the unaware crap you post here.
Elixir is not a MAGA troll, last I knew. The forum has some, but Elixir is not it AFAIK.

Last I knew Elixir was on team "build up the world for the sake of ourselves and our fellows, making it compatible to as many lives and ways of living as we may."
Here is elixir:

I think it would be more accurate to say Democrats are inept at asymmetrical warfare. They can (and do) “beat MAGA” in any fair fight, but they’re unwilling to go low enough to beat them at their own game.

Yet when I suggest doing exactly that, he has nothing but put downs.

The United States and its satellites are in a battle to the death with the forces of reaction, ignorance and oppression. In this battle, atheists have a major role. However, unless and until they learn to use the Bible rather than just dismiss it, they will be useless pylons for their allies and helpless stooges for the forces they oppose.
Yeah yeah,
From Crusading Popes to Cortez to Trump to You, "We must crush the evil doers and Rule!"
Tom
I'm working on a community of spiritual atheists. Interested?

Yeah yeah,
Tom
I'm working on a community of spiritual atheists. Interested?
One where the goal is global domination for you and your religious compadres?
Nope.
Tom

Didn't say that. I said there are millions of Trump supporters, many of whom are ticking time bombs. Atheists could play a role in dealing with this very dangerous situation. Maybe they prefer to express their hurt fee-fees on the internet.

You're right I should act more logically and with principles. But oh wait I'm just a dirty, vile atheist who has no morals. Why would I do that?

Back
Top Bottom