• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Atheists: Questions 2, 3 and 4.

Really? My understanding of his motivation is to "establish" that if one does not beleive in an afterlife then one cannot live what he is calling a "real life". I don't recall him saying what he thinks the "real life" is.

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So you admit that you believe in lightning.

Yet somehow, you want to deny Zeus.

Is it because you want to be a bad person? Or is it just because you don't want to thank Zeus for creating you and creating the world you live in?

I have presented absolute proof that Zeus exists and is real. You yourself have seen the proof (lightning, the universe, your own existence, etc.).

Good bye

Bye, saeed. Please let the door hit you on your way out. :wave2:

Really? My understanding of his motivation is to "establish" that if one does not beleive in an afterlife then one cannot live what he is calling a "real life". I don't recall him saying what he thinks the "real life" is.

I think when saeed says 'real human' he's using it as a synonym for 'muslim'.

So when he says: Therefore, without belief in the creator of the universe, the real human life is not possible.

...he's saying you can't be a muslim if you don't believe in a creator.
Seems likely to be true. But.... It's taken him 9 years to get this point across to someone?

How would my answer, yes OR no, help establish that your definition of 'a real human life' is worth a shit?

S:
You lack the courage to answer the question.

Saeed
Yes, yes ,now insult my looks, why don't you? I cower in fear that you'll point out that i've gone bald.

Clearly, the fact that i'm unwilling to follow you off on this derail speaks directly to my personal courage. But still, you haven't shown that 'a real human life' is a useful concept, or what you believe 'a real human life' to be.
You haven't shown that any of your assertions are anything but made-up shit

Oh, and my diabetes has made me impotent! Throw that back in my face! I mean, as opposed to actually facing the fact that you have not supported your premise, and we all have noticed that. Go with the name-calling.

That's manly, indeed.

So when he says: Therefore, without belief in the creator of the universe, the real human life is not possible.

...he's saying you can't be a muslim if you don't believe in a creator.
Seems likely to be true. But.... It's taken him 9 years to get this point across to someone?

He communicates as well as his God. That is poorly and without consistency.

For the Atheist: The Death is Real but the Life is NOT.

S:
You lack the courage to answer the question.

Saeed
Yes, yes ,now insult my looks, why don't you? I cower in fear that you'll point out that i've gone bald.

Clearly, the fact that i'm unwilling to follow you off on this derail speaks directly to my personal courage. But still, you haven't shown that 'a real human life' is a useful concept, or what you believe 'a real human life' to be.
You haven't shown that any of your assertions are anything but made-up shit

Oh, and my diabetes has made me impotent! Throw that back in my face! I mean, as opposed to actually facing the fact that you have not supported your premise, and we all have noticed that. Go with the name-calling.

That's manly, indeed.

S:
Your failure to answer does prove that the Atheist can believe in the death but not in the life. Therefore, for the Atheist the Death is Real but the Life is NOT.

Saeed H H Alyousuf

Your failure to answer
I haven't failed to answer, i've chosen not to answer, not until you provide some clue as ot how answering that question would advance the conversatoin.
does prove
Since your premise is faulty, your conclusion must be faulty. Nothing is proven based on my not answering your derail.
that the Atheist can believe in the death but not in the life.
You're just repeating something you claimed earlier. And you've never actually shown to be true.
And never, ever shown to be important to anyone in interpreting life.
Therefore, for the Atheist the Death is Real but the Life is NOT.
Faulty premise, piss poor logic, your conclusion is meaningless.
And you're mostly just repeating yourself.

Saeed, we all live as if several futures are possible. We do not accept a future that is fated. Thus your theories about atheists and the future are in error. And your conclusions are worthless.

Like most of your religion.

Feel free to show the slightest inkling of just how wrong you are.

Saeed, we all live as if several futures are possible. We do not accept a future that is fated. Thus your theories about atheists and the future are in error. And your conclusions are worthless.

Actually, I've seen several theists live as if their life is fated. After all, it's god's will and he will not be denied.

Actually, I've seen several theists live as if their life is fated. After all, it's god's will and he will not be denied.
I would contend that even such theists don't live a completely scripted life, as they aren't afforded access to the script.

S:
Your failure to answer does prove that the Atheist can believe in the death but not in the life. Therefore, for the Atheist the Death is Real but the Life is NOT.
Excuse me, but why is Keith's "failure" dooming me to the fate that death is real but the life is not... whatever that means?

Keith&Co: Failure to Deny n Refute belief in Death.

I haven't failed to answer, i've chosen not to answer, not until you provide some clue as ot how answering that question would advance the conversatoin.
does prove
Since your premise is faulty, your conclusion must be faulty. Nothing is proven based on my not answering your derail.
that the Atheist can believe in the death but not in the life.
You're just repeating something you claimed earlier. And you've never actually shown to be true.
And never, ever shown to be important to anyone in interpreting life.
Therefore, for the Atheist the Death is Real but the Life is NOT.
Faulty premise, piss poor logic, your conclusion is meaningless.
And you're mostly just repeating yourself.

Like most of your religion.

Feel free to show the slightest inkling of just how wrong you are.

S:
Your failure to deny and refute your belief in death besides, your earlier admission of inability to believe in the future existence http://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?513-Atheists-Questions-2-3-and-4&p=65374&viewfull=1#post65374 does further confirm my statement:

Saeed H H Alyousuf

Last edited:
Future Existence?

S:
Excuse me, but why is Keith's "failure" dooming me to the fate that death is real but the life is not... whatever that means?

S:
For how long are you, or anyone else that you know, qualified to vouch for the future existence of yourself and of the universe?

Saeed H H Alyousuf

S:
For how long are you, or anyone else that you know, qualified to vouch for the future existence of yourself and of the universe?

Saeed H H Alyousuf
And yet again, Saeed, you have never yet shown us that we need to have the future vouched for. You have not shown that anyone exists who can vouch for the future. As near as we can tell, various futures are equally likely and that's the way humans live.
Your claims to have discovered a failure in my ideology still have no support.

You're just making shit up and claiming a victory.

Like always.

S:

Saeed H H Alyousuf

Why do you think God can vouch for a future existence of ourselves and the universe?

Saeed:
First we need to discuss what is fateful to us, before we discuss any thing else.

Saeed

i don't believe in fate.
Which is part of why i don't believe anyone has the power to guarantee the future.
Which is why i live my life in a manner to deal with several different futures.
I drive as if i will reach my destination. But i have Triple-A just in case there's a problem.
I pay a mortgage as if i will need a house tomorrow, but i have insurance in case the house burns down.
I dress as if the weather is predictable, but i have a coat and an umbrella in the car if it turns bad.
I buy things i want, but i set money aside for the next crisis.

I live for more than one possible future.

Which is why i don't believe that living as if there is a tomorrow MUST be interpreted as a belief in a deity who has guaranteed it. That might be true if i lived as if there was only one possible tomorrow.

But no one does that.
Can you show me that the future is fated? that there's only one possible future, guaranteed by anyone?
Can you establish that what will happen must happen and there's no point in resisting fate?

Or will we sing the 'your failure to support your claims thus proves' song?

S:

Saeed H H Alyousuf
The good news is, when the universe ends, no one will be around to note that I was wrong about vouching for its future existence. ;)

Back
Top Bottom