• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Attention: Look up!

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
05/31 01:00AM EDT, 05/30 10:00PM PDT.

Possible greatest meteor storm of recent history. Could be stupendous, could be nothing. Look towards Baja, California.

Sorry, Old Worlders.

Possible greatest meteor storm of recent history. Could be stupendous, could be nothing. Look towards Baja, California.

Sorry, Old Worlders.
That’s about 15:00 local time here; I will need to be absolutely spectacular to be visible two hours before sunset. ;)

Sorry, Old Worlders.
That’s about 15:00 local time here; I will need to be absolutely spectacular to be visible two hours before sunset. ;)
Go home. I believe it's supposed to be visible before dawn in England.

As long as there are no mini asteroids lurking within the debri. ;)
Yeah. The good news is nothing big came down. The bad news is not much of anything came down. I saw one and I didn't even get a good look at I wasn't looking at that part of the sky.

Yeah. The good news is nothing big came down. The bad news is not much of anything came down. I saw one and I didn't even get a good look at I wasn't looking at that part of the sky.
Yeah, it wasn't anything like I expected and much less than I was hoping for. I sat out for a little over an hour watching and only saw a couple meteors. This is pretty much what can be seen any night.

What I had read on it was that it wasn't likely going to be anything at all. Glad that turned out to be true because I completely ignored it.

Humans are easily entertained.

Yeah, it wasn't anything like I expected and much less than I was hoping for. I sat out for a little over an hour watching and only saw a couple meteors. This is pretty much what can be seen any night.
I put two mountain ranges between me and the city lights (and a few miles between me and the traffic on the highway), set up my camera--and found nothing worthy of pointing it at.

Back
Top Bottom