• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Background knowledge underpinning scientific racism

intelligence is not the only hierarchy. Far from it. There is also a hierarchy of muscular strength, a hierarchy of cardiovascular endurance, a hierarchy of alcoholism, a hierarchy of immunological resistance to each pathogen, a hierarchy of bodily height, a hierarchy of violent behavior, a hierarchy of sexual drive, a hierarchy of extroversion, and so on.
Oh, so you're one of those. Dude, just saying, there's no functional difference between "Europeans are more suited for tasks that require intelligence" and "Europeans are more suited for tasks that require intelligence and Africans are more suited for tasks that require physical endurance", because both are the exact same damn argument; namely "white people lead, black people work, because biotroofs".

intelligence is not the only hierarchy. Far from it. There is also a hierarchy of muscular strength, a hierarchy of cardiovascular endurance, a hierarchy of alcoholism, a hierarchy of immunological resistance to each pathogen, a hierarchy of bodily height, a hierarchy of violent behavior, a hierarchy of sexual drive, a hierarchy of extroversion, and so on.
Oh, so you're one of those. Dude, just saying, there's no functional difference between "Europeans are more suited for tasks that require intelligence" and "Europeans are more suited for tasks that require intelligence and Africans are more suited for tasks that require physical endurance", because both are the exact same damn argument; namely "white people lead, black people work, because biotroofs".
Welcome to the forum. About fourteen years ago, shortly before I lost my religion, I decided that I would accept or reject claims about objective reality based purely on how well the claims follow from the evidence, which meant that dogmas would no longer have any bearing on my beliefs. Such an attitude always comes at a cost, and the benefit outweighs the cost only for those few people who place excessive value on knowledge of the probable truth for its own sake. I think most regulars of this forum are in that social minority and they share in that perspective, at least in theory, even when they disagree with me about scientific racism, and purely moralistic condemnations of scientific or pseudoscientific claims are relatively rare.

Back
Top Bottom