• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ben Carson's Passing Grade in a "Honesty" Psychology Class Didn't Happen

What an ignorant statement. Do you have anything of relevance, or are you just another propaganda parrot?

What an ignorant statement. Do you have anything of relevance, or are you just another propaganda parrot?

LOL. Seriously, right Out Loud.
Your insult-fest is pretty juvenile. Chill out, dude. Have some fun. Learn something. Enjoy the fellowship of people who like to discuss politics.
Or, not.

Your call.

We've been here for a long time having conversations. You just barged in and started belching. KInda funny.

Kiss my ass, leftist lying corrupt trash. Smear merchants.

And real quick, what will you say when Ben Carson drops out of the race? He's going to. It's certain. You probably aren't familiar with a guy named Paul Tsongas. Paual Tsongas was the first Democrat to put his name up for the POTUS nomination back in 1992. He actually got some press for a while and then faded. And so it goes in every Presidential election. Carson will be gone soon. And what good will that money that people are now sending him have done? The point is that you can say that a guy is popular today, but it's dangerous to do so when you aren't familiar with recent POTUS elections. The clowns rise to the top early on and then fade quickly. Will you come back and say, "Okay, you guys were right. Ben Carson did raise a lot of money but it turned out he really wasn't ever going to be President after all"?

Just for the record, Tsongas was not a clown, IMHO. He was an intellectual and therefore wholly unsuited to the campaign trail.

It is getting to the point is all you have to say is "Ben Carson" and people start laughing.

LOL. Seriously, right Out Loud.
Your insult-fest is pretty juvenile. Chill out, dude. Have some fun. Learn something. Enjoy the fellowship of people who like to discuss politics.
Or, not.

Your call.

We've been here for a long time having conversations. You just barged in and started belching. KInda funny.

Laughing good now. Aint no way you're 60 years old, Junior.

:poke_with_stick:

:boom:

:biggrin-new:

:monkey:

:melodramatic:

*squawk* *squawk*

parrot.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, that was a little fun comic relief but now off to ignore...

But do you believe Ben Carson's story is accurate to actual events?

Now that I have read the story, I am sure it mostly is. As I pointed out earlier (and for some reason ignored) there was a documented campus hoax where students were told that tests were destroyed and that students should report for a retest. And it was reported that "several" students appeared. And the course was in psychology. Whether or not it was "Perceptions" or another course is unclear (there is listed a Perceptions course at the 300 level but a Yale librarian says either it was not taught that year, and/or did not exist).

Finally, whether or not the proctor was an actual professor, or an unknown fake, is also unclear. It's a rather obscure event and a personal story of luck (or God's hand), heretofor only of significance to Carson.

http://digital.library.yale.edu/cdm...dn/id/10981/rv/compoundobject/cpd/10987/rec/1

Either Carson misremembered or made assumptions about the course title-number, OR he is right and the librarian claim is misleading or wrong. (EG - Was this course taught under another name, or was it taught during Carson's undergrad years and did Carson mis-remember the year it happened?)

So either Carson or the librarian or Carson is mistaken on the name/year OR in 1990 Carson totally invented his being one of those hoaxed and invented narrative and the events that transpired during the fake retest.

Until there is more evidence than this, Carson's being one of the several students hoaxed sounds plausible.

I just read that link and what I think I hear you saying is that Carson got TAKEN IN BY A PARODY NEWSPAPER ARTICLE along with "several other students," and somehow in his mind that translated into over a hundred students AND him getting an award for being the "most honest one"

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

This is your exculpatory evidence?!?!

This isn't just another layer of humor? You are actually saying that Ben Carson should be given the benefit of the doubt because he is not lying since he was taken in by a parody - and he never did realize the joke and wrote that into his book!? That the ten bucks was the chump fee for being on candid camera.

This is WORSE! You want the guy who is the butt of a hoax - who never figures it out EVER - to have the code to the button!?

This is your story? Are you sticking to this!?
This is even more hilarious than telling a lie and thinking you won't get caught.

He was essentially on Candid Camera and thought it was real AND STILL DOES! It's like saying the guy who crashed his car speeding away from Orson Wells' radio program is a hero!

Last edited:
I kmow this. I know that no one corroborated her story.
Two other women corroborated her story in written statements. Both were pressured and/or intimidated not to testify before the confirmation hearings. Even Anita Hill had details of her private life publicly released and ridiculed on conservative talk radio in an attempt to discredit and humiliate her.

And yet they never disproved the allegations, nor even attempted to. They simply closed the hearings without deciding one way or the other and confirmed him anyway.

Anything else, you piece of ignorant hateful leftist racist trash.
Hey, leave your mother out of this.

And real quick, what will you say when Ben Carson drops out of the race? He's going to. It's certain. You probably aren't familiar with a guy named Paul Tsongas. Paual Tsongas was the first Democrat to put his name up for the POTUS nomination back in 1992. He actually got some press for a while and then faded. And so it goes in every Presidential election. Carson will be gone soon. And what good will that money that people are now sending him have done? The point is that you can say that a guy is popular today, but it's dangerous to do so when you aren't familiar with recent POTUS elections. The clowns rise to the top early on and then fade quickly. Will you come back and say, "Okay, you guys were right. Ben Carson did raise a lot of money but it turned out he really wasn't ever going to be President after all"?

Just for the record, Tsongas was not a clown, IMHO. He was an intellectual and therefore wholly unsuited to the campaign trail.

You're right, Tsongas was actually a good guy who just didn't possess the necessary personality traits and did possess the intellect that is deadly for a POTUS candidate. My reference was primarily toward people like Herman Caine, Bobby Jindal, Steve Forbes, Elizabeth Dole, Pat Buchannon, Lyndon Larouche, and on and on. The early candidates for POTUS is a veritable potpourri of obvious and inevitable failures that causes one to wonder if any of these people have any real friends.

Like, if I had a buddy who suddenly said he wanted to do something that risked certain and definite public humiliation, I wouldn't let him do it--or I'd at least tell him not to. But anyway, you're right, Paul Tsongas doesn't belong in the clown car with all these others.

Please tell me that this guy is not going to get banned. There hasn't been a character like this around these parts in years.

Now that I have read the story, I am sure it mostly is. As I pointed out earlier (and for some reason ignored) there was a documented campus hoax where students were told that tests were destroyed and that students should report for a retest. And it was reported that "several" students appeared. And the course was in psychology. Whether or not it was "Perceptions" or another course is unclear (there is listed a Perceptions course at the 300 level but a Yale librarian says either it was not taught that year, and/or did not exist).

Finally, whether or not the proctor was an actual professor, or an unknown fake, is also unclear. It's a rather obscure event and a personal story of luck (or God's hand), heretofor only of significance to Carson.

http://digital.library.yale.edu/cdm...dn/id/10981/rv/compoundobject/cpd/10987/rec/1

Either Carson misremembered or made assumptions about the course title-number, OR he is right and the librarian claim is misleading or wrong. (EG - Was this course taught under another name, or was it taught during Carson's undergrad years and did Carson mis-remember the year it happened?)

So either Carson or the librarian or Carson is mistaken on the name/year OR in 1990 Carson totally invented his being one of those hoaxed and invented narrative and the events that transpired during the fake retest.

Until there is more evidence than this, Carson's being one of the several students hoaxed sounds plausible.

I just read that link and what I think I hear you saying is that Carson got TAKEN IN BY A PARODY NEWSPAPER ARTICLE along with "several other students," and somehow in his mind that translated into over a hundred students AND him getting an award for being the "most honest one"

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

This is your exculpatory evidence?!?!

First, there is no need for exculpatory evidence. Carson provide a personal anecdote in 1990. The burden of proof was on the WSJ to show he couldn't have been in a hoax test and he couldn't have been the last one there. According to the Huffington Post, the WSJ claimed that the "found no record of a Yale Daily News article that Carson said was written about the incident."

But the credibility of an investigative reporter who infers a serious charge of deception is dependent upon their own honesty and integrity. Yet, contrary to the WSJ alleged claim of "no record found", there was an article on the incident in the Yale Daily News the very next day - easily located by Carson's campaign staff in the Yale digital archives. Either the prestigious journalist(s) for the WSJ are horribly incompetent "investigator researchers", or they didn't try, or they just lied. In any event, no longer is their claims of "evidence" credible until vetted by others, completely.

Second, Carson conceded he got the course name wrong in the 1990 book. All the other elements, the ones in you and others are deeply skeptical of, are yet to be disproved.

This isn't just another layer of humor? You are actually saying that Ben Carson should be given the benefit of the doubt because he is not lying since he was taken in by a parody - and he never did realize the joke and wrote that into his book!? That the ten bucks was the chump fee for being on candid camera.

"I am actually saying" his antidote is of an event that really happened, contrary to the Carson-hater's initial claims. Other than the course name (which may or may not have been right for the reasons I stated in the prior post) none of the elements are inconsistent with the little documentation available. Moreover, as you presented the original Carson account, you know that he did realize the hoax at the end WHEN he was told so at the end of the test and yes, HE WROTE IT IN THE BOOK YOU QUOTED earlier.

I merely noted something tangential, that it is unclear to me (not Carson) if the actual test proctor (or camera person) were actually as they presented themselves to Carson (a professor and an alleged Yale Daily Cameraman), OR could they have also been fakes in the Yale Record hoax (the publication that organized the hoax). He only refers to the person who revealed the hoax as "the teacher" or "the professor"...not "my teacher".

This is WORSE! You want the guy who is the butt of a hoax - who never figures it out EVER - to have the code to the button!?

This is your story? Are you sticking to this!?
This is even more hilarious than telling a lie and thinking you won't get caught.

He was essentially on Candid Camera and thought it was real AND STILL DOES! It's like saying the guy who crashed his car speeding away from Orson Wells' radio program is a hero!

You're babbling ranting gibberish. You provided the book excerpt and he said he knew it was a hoax after everyone had left, because "the teacher" interrupted his test taking and told him so...or don't you read the source material you provide?

And no, I don't want Ben Carson - I would like to see his campaign implode (along with Trump's). However, I don't let my political preference taint my honest evaluation of what are some very obvious and reckless smears.

Second, Carson conceded he got the course name wrong in the 1990 book.
He got the "name" wrong?

He got almost every DETAIL of the incident wrong. The wrong class, the wrong circumstances, the wrong source for the hoax, the wrong outcome.

It did not happen the way he claims it happened. It's a fish story. Nothing more, nothing less.

Seriously, you are NEVER going to get paid for riding Ben Carson's dick. Climb down from there, you look silly.

And no, I don't want Ben Carson - I would like to see his campaign implode (along with Trump's). However, I don't let my political preference taint my honest evaluation of what are some very obvious and reckless smears.

Carson told a whopper, and somebody called him on his bullshit. Same thing happens every year at thanksgiving dinners all around the country: we all have that one smug relative who tells exaggerated stories around a chewed up, ground down kernel of truth, and we all know that 99% of the stories are complete bullshit.

No, I made her change the sheets. They were starting to smell.

Your sheets, your smell. That's who you are.

Hey, I'm not complaining, I LIKE the way she smells. But the neighbors complained it was driving down property values.:D

Anyway, your entertainment value is diminishing rapidly. I note that most everyone else in this forum has you on their ignore list by now. Is there anything you would like to add before I join them?

Back
Top Bottom