• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bernie Sanders' "Man and Woman" short essay

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
I am not sure what to make of it, but I don't want to drag it into politics. The ideas, while rough hewn seem interesting.

Bernie_the_jew_sanders.jpg

I dont think the right hand side is the continuation of the left.

I loved that when I first read it, when I had no idea who Bernie Sanders was other than a name, rank, serial # and face in politics. Now that I've gotten to know him and considering he is running for President, I still love it.

No idea what he's talking about. Well, I sort of do, but as soon as I get something he's saying, he moves to something else.

bernie-marijuana-legalization.jpg

The key is when he says, "no more!," and he finds fault with why that is -- but never explicitly says so.

I think he was looking at gender rules in society in the 1970's. I don't think he was 'condoning' rape or anything of that nature. As much as we may hate to admit it, violent sexual fantasies are quite common and normal. It does not mean in any way that it is something a person desires to happen in real life.

I think he was looking at gender rules in society in the 1970's. I don't think he was 'condoning' rape or anything of that nature. As much as we may hate to admit it, violent sexual fantasies are quite common and normal. It does not mean in any way that it is something a person desires to happen in real life.

I think it was a way to show something of the reality of women's lives, and about domination and deeply ingrained inequalities in our cultural attitudes. Maybe he does have some hardcore fantasies himself (eyebrows.gif), but it's not even necessary that this be true in order for him to illuminate ugly societal views in this way.

However, it does help to write well, and let's be real, that essay is some terrible writing.

Back
Top Bottom