• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Betting Time

The man who bit off the other man's ear was:

• Pro-Trump

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Anti-Trump

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Tom Sawyer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
That I'm God
OK, time to see how much everybody knows about Trump's America

For the person in this story here:

Man bites ear off another man during argument about Trump

Police say a man bit the ear off another man in Pittsburgh as they argued about President Donald Trump.

What is your bet about whether the guy who bit off the ear was Pro-Trump or Anti-Trump? Feel free to post your rationales as you see fit.

Police say a man bit the ear off another man in Pittsburgh as they argued about President Donald Trump.

What is your bet about whether the guy who bit off the ear was Pro-Trump or Anti-Trump? Feel free to post your rationales as you see fit.

I think I can use the power of logic to come up with the correct answer, and not only will it reveal the Trumpiness of the ear biter, but who that person actually is:
P1) Mike Tyson is known for biting off the ear of his opponent.
P2) Mike Tyson is a Trump supporter.
C1) The person who bit the ear off of his opponent is a Trump Supporter.
C2) That Trump supporter is, in fact, Mike Tyson.

Pretty solid argument, IMHO.

I'll go with anti-Trump, because some anti-Trump people have done some real dumb things.

It really is sad that we don't know who was on which side, since we can't commit to being pissed off at the asshole who bit off the innocent guy's ear or to be pissed off at the asshole who tried to ear-butt the innocent guy's teeth.

I am leaning anti-Trump, due to the heightened level of threat, fear and anger that many anti-Trump people are understandably feeling at the moment. Trumpanzees currently have a feeling (however irrational) of being in power, control, and winning the game. Trumpanzees are generally those prone to fear-based aggression and intolerance that promotes unwarranted violence, but they now have the power of government to do their violence within the letter of the law.

Also, biting someone's ear off doesn't sound like an act done to initiate physical violence between two men. It sounds like something done after the conflict was already initiated and they were wrestling around. It could even be an act of self defense by a smaller guy getting bested by a larger dude. If that were the case, I would still predict the biter was anti-Trump because odds are that bigger, alpha-male dude-bro type guys are statistically more likely to be conservative in general and find Trump especially appealing.

If it was prior to the election and it was a guy initiating violence with a punch, I'd predict pro-Trump. In this case, I lean anti-Trump.

Both these individuals are anti-Trump. East Liberty is gentrified. These were both twenty somethings with beards. One had his hair in a bun. No Trump supporter would ever bite a lesser conservative out of fear of turning into a liberal zombie.

Pro-Trump, obviously, since he can claim any one or more of the following to justify his actions:

1) There was no ear
2) The ear was in the country illegally
3) He discovered the ear listening to radical Islamic terrorist propaganda
4) The ear was persecuting Christians

I'm going with anti-trump. Trumpsters are already deaf.

He was anti-Trump:
Concerns about immigration status led to an early-morning argument between roommates that escalated into a fight during which one man's ear was bitten off Monday.

Salatiel Marcos Ortiz, 30, said he returned to his East Liberty apartment around 2:30 a.m. today and his roommate, who has not been identified, immediately became confrontational. Both men are from Mexico, Mr. Ortiz said, and his roommate was afraid that he would be deported under President Donald Trump's immigration policies. The roommate is in the U.S. legally, he said.

His roommate had been watching Mr. Trump on television and drinking beer, Mr. Ortiz said.
Although in all fairness, based on known facts we can only surmise that he was against Trump's policies, not necessarily the man himself.

I think the better question is who actually started the fight.

A Trumper attacked my brother at a gas station shortly after the election. Guy saw my brother's VN service cap and thanked him for his service. My brother asked who he voted for, his answer was Trump and Republicans. My brother rattled off a list of things the Reps have done to the VA and veterans and so basically "No, I do not accept your thanks."

Trumper got pissed and attacked. Other patrons broke them up.

Does it matter?

If the man was pro-Trump then the lame-stream media obviously lied about it.

The truthful answer is I don't know and wouldn't want to hazard any guesses.

However, it's been quite disturbing to me for some time the way conservatives and liberals have a go at each other in comments' section of any articles of different news outlets I happen to frequent.

I'd hope no one would want to verbally or physically attack another human being on account of a different political opinion. And yet I have heard of just those rare types of incidents in recent history.

I didn't vote for President Trump, but I'm an optimist by nature and therefore have been hoping for him to succeed against the odds of the majority public opinion (mine included) that he's unfit for the job. That's because as Americans, it's little else most of us can do otherwise. And since now the wagon cart is hitched to the horse, we all should be hoping for his success because in his success lays our success.

Peace.

Not sure why this is a question... I just heard this story on the radio on my way into work this morning... the "biter" was afraid that he was going to be deported because he was an illegal alien. He was home drunk when his roommate came home. they got into an argument and that happened.

so are you honestly asking if an illegal alien that was so afraid of a Trump presidency that it drove him to drink himself crazy was a Trump supporter?

I don't get it.

Not sure why this is a question... I just heard this story on the radio on my way into work this morning... the "biter" was afraid that he was going to be deported because he was an illegal alien. He was home drunk when his roommate came home. they got into an argument and that happened.

so are you honestly asking if an illegal alien that was so afraid of a Trump presidency that it drove him to drink himself crazy was a Trump supporter?

I don't get it.

Hey - plenty of people voted for Twitler despite the obvious fact that he was going to fuck them in the ass. Why not this guy?

Back
Top Bottom