• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden Commemorates Transgender Day

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
https://wapo.st/3IQ5h6I

I'm happy to have such a thoughtful compassionate president who realizes that some people are naturally transgender. Plus, he isn't afraid to stand up for people who are minorities, despite some of the cruel, unnecessary rules that some Republican governors are foisting on the people in their states. This is progress! If anyone wants to read the entire article it should be available for at least two weeks, according to WaPo's gifting rules.

President Joe Biden on Thursday commemorated Transgender Day of Visibility by celebrating prominent transgender Americans and advocating against what his administration terms “dangerous anti-transgender legislative attacks” in statehouses across the country.

Biden’s actions come as Republican leaders have advanced measures targeting transgender people as part of a broader push to stoke culture wars heading into a critical election season. The Democratic president has said such legislation is “wrong.”
The administration announced new measures Thursday aimed at making the federal government more inclusive for transgender people, including through the use of a new “X” gender marker on U.S. passport applications, beginning on April 11, and new Transportation Security Administration scanners that are gender-neutral.

Brandon probably doesn’t know what transgender is (who does these days) and trots out what he is told to say. He really is an embarrassment.

I was very grateful to hear it. A small gesture, but depressingly unprecented. (And until now, unpresidented)

Back
Top Bottom