• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black militia man shoots a police officer in the head in Florida

Yeah they took the technology lead in doing slavery in the way that their ancestors have not done. Thanks for playing but you've failed the challenge.

Edit: Oh and forgot to mention, they were the first (like you said) but they were also the ONLY.

They were the only ones capable of doing it. Thus you can't draw any conclusions.

Sure I can. They are the only ones that did it. Is that not true? :rolleyes:

Yeah they took the technology lead in doing slavery in the way that their ancestors have not done. Thanks for playing but you've failed the challenge.

Edit: Oh and forgot to mention, they were the first (like you said) but they were also the ONLY.

They were the only ones capable of doing it. Thus you can't draw any conclusions.

Not actually true. There is a LOT of racially segregated slavery happening all across the world now that others can do it. How else do you think Dubai was built?

The thing is, they just acquire their slaves different ways, and don't strictly talk about "owning" them anymore.

It's the same practice, just with the language and practices obfuscated behind layers.

Not actually true. There is a LOT of racially segregated slavery happening all across the world now that others can do it. How else do you think Dubai was built?

The thing is, they just acquire their slaves different ways, and don't strictly talk about "owning" them anymore.

It's the same practice, just with the language and practices obfuscated behind layers.

Ok so your claim is the Emirati's enslaved a specific group of people based on the color of their skin & also did not enslave any of their own people to build Dubai. Why haven't I heard of this before? Could it be because it's complete bullshit?

Ok so your claim is the Emirati's enslaved a specific group of people based on the color of their skin & also did not enslave any of their own people to build Dubai. Why haven't I heard of this before? Could it be because it's complete bullshit?

More, enslaved them not because of a specific quality they have, but because of a specific quality they lack: they are not Emerati.

Once they are imported on false promises of jobs, their passports are taken away and they are dumped into worker tent cities.

It is their inability to leave and their lack of Emerati citizenship that creates a slave class.

More, enslaved them not because of a specific quality they have, but because of a specific quality they lack: they are not Emerati.

Once they are imported on false promises of jobs, their passports are taken away and they are dumped into worker tent cities.

It is their inability to leave and their lack of Emerati citizenship that creates a slave class.

What is that quality they lack? If they happen to have not lacked this quality would they have not been enslaved? When the Europeans enslaved Africans is there a quality an African would have had that would have caused the Europeans to not enslave said African? And I'm not talking about missing Arms/legs (but if you want to be the typical semantic prick I'll accept that answer then ignore you).

What is that quality they lack? If they happen to have not lacked this quality would they have not been enslaved? When the Europeans enslaved Africans is there a quality an African would have had that would have caused the Europeans to not enslave said African? And I'm not talking about missing Arms/legs (but if you want to be the typical semantic prick I'll accept that answer then ignore you).

The "quality" is being an Emerati Muslim. That is the entirety of it. It is racial, but of the "you are not *" rather than of the "you are *" variety. Most of the enslaved are, ironically, African afaik.

The quality that would have spared Africans? Being a white European probably would have done it.

They're also the only ones who mounted a huge abolitionist movement and fought a war to end slavery.

While writing all this down.

Is that not true?
Tom

They're also the only ones who mounted a huge abolitionist movement and fought a war to end slavery.

Is that not true?
Tom

Yes. I don't have an issue with accepting the truth. Why is it so hard for you to accept what they did with slavery was different from all the others?

Is that not true?
Tom

Yes. I don't have an issue with accepting the truth. Why is it so hard for you to accept what they did with slavery was different from all the others?

I didn't say that. I know it's true. I tried to explain it.

Meanwhile, you don't even know about what the megarich people are doing to imported workers today! Maybe you don't care, because those rich folks keep your energy prices down?
Tom

The "quality" is being an Emerati Muslim. That is the entirety of it. It is racial, but of the "you are not *" rather than of the "you are *" variety. Most of the enslaved are, ironically, African afaik.

The quality that would have spared Africans? Being a white European probably would have done it.

Most of the enslaved being African does not mean all of the enslaved are African. Who are the rest of the slaves if not all Africans? to my knowledge a lot of Dubai's slaves are also from India & Asia. Did the Europeans Enslave people from India &/or Asia (that did not happen to have brown enough skin to be mistaken for African?).

Meanwhile, you don't even know about what the megarich people are doing to imported workers today! Maybe you don't care, because those rich folks keep your energy prices down?
Tom

I don't see how my pointing out that the European style of slavery was uniquely evil = that I'm ok with slavery of any other form. You'd need to explain. Oh let me guess, you're just trying to hurt my feelings.

Tom

I don't see how my pointing out that the European style of slavery was uniquely evil = that I'm ok with slavery of any other form. You'd need to explain. Oh let me guess, you're just trying to hurt my feelings.

Also unique about the European style of slavery is emancipation and abolition. And then those evil bastards imposed these European values on the rest of world through imperialism.

Also unique about the European style of slavery is emancipation and abolition. And then those evil bastards imposed these European values on the rest of world through imperialism.

You're not all that bad after all Trausti.

Most of the enslaved being African does not mean all of the enslaved are African. Who are the rest of the slaves if not all Africans? to my knowledge a lot of Dubai's slaves are also from India & Asia. Did the Europeans Enslave people from India &/or Asia (that did not happen to have brown enough skin to be mistaken for African?).

I don't think they did, no. I guess my point is that slavery along divisions of race (is-black; isn't-emerati) is not something anyone had a monopoly on. It's a fairly strong guarantee when you have dark-age religion, economic strength, and access to "foreign" peoples, There will probably be some element of large scale slavery.

You can see similar happening now with the slavery being imposed on the Uighurs in China.

You can't infer probability from a sample of one. Are they outliers in motivation, or only outliers in ability? I see no reason to think others would have refrained from taking distant slaves if they had been able to. Enslaving the out group and/or one's enemies is just how the world worked back then.

You can't infer probability from a sample of one. Are they outliers in motivation, or only outliers in ability? I see no reason to think others would have refrained from taking distant slaves if they had been able to. Enslaving the out group and/or one's enemies is just how the world worked back then.

As of the moment, you read this sentence & regardless of what the neurons are doing within that 1400 grams of meat in your head; Europeans are the only ones that have done it. End of discussion.

As of the moment, you read this sentence & regardless of what the neurons are doing within that 1400 grams of meat in your head; Europeans are the only ones that have done it. End of discussion.

But you can't draw any conclusions about what others would have done. This is a case of a lack of data--nobody else had the ability to take slaves from distant lands.

And when you look at the world these days the quasi-slavery that exists isn't being perpetrated by Europeans.

But you can't draw any conclusions about what others would have done. This is a case of a lack of data--nobody else had the ability to take slaves from distant lands.

And when you look at the world these days the quasi-slavery that exists isn't being perpetrated by Europeans.

Tell yourself whatever you need to make it better Loren. I ain't mad at cha.

May I post(quote) this response in a different thread?
Tom

I don't see anything in the TOU stating you can't, so have at it.

Back
Top Bottom