• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bonespur?

And yet when you ask Republicans the biggest coward is John McCain.

I think that most Americans, including liberals, despite serious differences with McCain's politics, would never consider calling him a coward. Even Republicans who have not been brainwashed by Trump would not call him a coward. I do suspect actually though that more democrats than republicans would still defend McCain's act of heroism during the Vietnam war. Fewer republicans as some have been brainwashed by Trump or are too stupid to actually investigate and decide for themselves.

As I recall McCain was offered his freedom if he had been willing to grovel for his freedom but he refused.

Can anyone here imagine Bonespur not groveling or denouncing anything, even his money, for his freedom? Well, money would be the hard part. Anything else he could lie about afterwards.

And to be clear, on the whole I hated McCain's politics.

As I said, ask a Republican nowadays what they think of McCain. Best answer you are going to get is that he was always a Democrat i.e. not one of us. That's the best answer; what you'll most likely get get is that he was a traitorous coward and yes, I found most of his opinions pretty reprehensible especially towards gays.

I think that most Americans, including liberals, despite serious differences with McCain's politics, would never consider calling him a coward. Even Republicans who have not been brainwashed by Trump would not call him a coward. I do suspect actually though that more democrats than republicans would still defend McCain's act of heroism during the Vietnam war. Fewer republicans as some have been brainwashed by Trump or are too stupid to actually investigate and decide for themselves.

As I recall McCain was offered his freedom if he had been willing to grovel for his freedom but he refused.

Can anyone here imagine Bonespur not groveling or denouncing anything, even his money, for his freedom? Well, money would be the hard part. Anything else he could lie about afterwards.

This got my interest up, so I did a "John McCain Coward" google. This came up at the top of the list.:

http://www.unz.com/article/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

This got my interest up, so I did a "John McCain Coward" google. This came up at the top of the list.:

http://www.unz.com/article/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

Difficult to know how many republicans in general believe alt-right, neo-nazi websites like the Unz review.

I get the origins of most of the names used to refer to Trump. But Bonespur? That one I don't get.

In an effort to prove to be clever, there appears to be a competition on the site to see who can be the best name caller. A game I haven't seen since grade school.

I get the origins of most of the names used to refer to Trump. But Bonespur? That one I don't get.

In an effort to prove to be clever, there appears to be a competition on the site to see who can be the best name caller. A game I haven't seen since grade school.
Trump is the absolute king of bullying name calling.

Works for me, doody-head.

And you're a great example of an administrator who is interested in the integrity of the board. My hat is off to you, sir.

btw, how's that petition coming?

There's a Go-Fund-Me fundraiser ongoing for one of our sysadmins. Perhaps we should start one for poster so he can buy a sense of humor.

Works for me, doody-head.

And you're a great example of an administrator who is interested in the integrity of the board. My hat is off to you, sir.

btw, how's that petition coming?

There's a Go-Fund-Me fundraiser ongoing for one of our sysadmins. Perhaps we should start one for poster so he can buy a sense of humor.

It's actually my humor that got passed by.

I'll use a smiley next time. :)

There was some humor in it. Maybe not all of it. Though take it for what it's worth. Eat the meat and spit out the bones, as they say. :)

So I read that Trump managed to get off the couch and make the Presidential Thanksgiving phone call to the troops.

Trump being Bonespur, it was all about complaining about the courts and being thankful for his wonderful amazing self.

So I read that Trump managed to get off the couch and make the Presidential Thanksgiving phone call to the troops.

Trump being Bonespur, it was all about complaining about the courts and being thankful for his wonderful amazing self.

And honestly, this is the easiest of Presidential duties. Once a year, you either show up at a base overseas or even locally, have a photo op with the troops, and you're done. Mission accomplished. If you can't be bothered to do that, then maybe set up a Skype call. Hey there troops...thanks for your service and I really appreciate all you do. Boom. Obligation fulfilled.

Instead "hey, thanks for your service and all that, but did you hear about this circuit court ruling the other day? Jeez I gotta tell you I'm ticked off! What's that? You're in Afghanistan and away from your family for another holiday? Think about what I have to deal with! I'm here at my golf resort having to figure out which member of the club I'm going to assign as ambassador to Luxembourg now I've got to tweet about a judge I wish I could fire! How about some sympathy for MY situation?"

He asked if the troops in Afghanistan were enjoying themselves.

And what they were seeing in their areas... something that might have been better in one of those daily briefs he has each week, not televised...

And, bitched that a new aircraft carrier uses electomagnetic catapults vice steam. This is insanely stupid, to me. My company sells a lot if tech to the Navy, and the Navy hates change. We had the tech to update the firing panel for nuclear missiles years before they accepted that the flatscreen/mouse arrangement was reliable enough to replace the projection display push-buttons and relays we were using in the 60s. And even at that, the screen display matches the push-button arrangement going back to the late 50s.
So if the Navy bought off on a whole new way of doing catapults, then either a company demonstrated the shit out of the tech, or some other country habitually does it that way....

Trump is the absolute king of bullying name calling.

He may be. That's an excuse for behaving like adolescents?
Excuse?
Maybe not. But the thing is, Trump so OBVIOUSLY cannot take what he dishes out. If he could bandy insults back and forth, it might be entertaining. But he just throws them out and gets upset that anyone has the gall to respond in kind.

And that makes it a moral imperative to poke him with a stick.

The president said something rude? And he is perhaps a liar? Je suis choqué. Tout à fait.

Watched his Christmas address yesterday from the hotel. I think he's losing his marbles.

Back
Top Bottom