• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Boycotting Trump's State of the Union Address

We should bring back the older precedent of dueling on the House floor. I'll pitch in to buy each of them a cane.
That wasn't dueling, that was a brutal assault. I'm not certain dueling was legal in any of the three capital cities.

Yes, dueling might be fun. But present-day firearms would take a lot of the challenge out of it, I think. Like a  Semi-automatic pistol, a common military and police sidearm that loads the next bullet for each bullet it fires.

Oh, they had guns. His accomplices used them to stop the gathering audience ftom intervening and helping Sumner before his "punishment" was complete. It was very explicitly NOT a duel. Brooks was beating him as a gentleman beats an unruly freed Black who steps out of line, not dueling with established rules of fair play like a gentleman would when battling another gentleman of equal station. The brutality was part of the intended message.

We should bring back the older precedent of dueling on the House floor. I'll pitch in to buy each of them a cane.
That wasn't dueling, that was a brutal assault. I'm not certain dueling was legal in any of the three capital cities.

Yes, dueling might be fun. But present-day firearms would take a lot of the challenge out of it, I think. Like a  Semi-automatic pistol, a common military and police sidearm that loads the next bullet for each bullet it fires.

It would be more interesting if it was unarmed combat, but Donald Trump likely outweighs Nancy Pelosi by a sizable factor, and he could win on that alone. That's why boxing has weight classes.

Donald Trump physical exam 2019: Weight up to 243, cholesterol down
Born 1946 Jun 14, Height: 6'3" (190 cm), Weight: 243 lb (110 kg)
Wait... 243 lbs... with that ass? He is closer to 270. So let's bill him against Roman Reigns.

It would be more interesting if it was unarmed combat, but Donald Trump likely outweighs Nancy Pelosi by a sizable factor, and he could win on that alone. That's why boxing has weight classes.
She just needs to stay out of his reach for ten minutes. Skip around the ring, taunting him, "Come grab this one, ya' pussy." If he won't chase, she licks her palms and chases the germaphobe around the ring until he collapses.

She just needs to stay out of his reach for ten minutes. Skip around the ring, taunting him, "Come grab this one, ya' pussy." If he won't chase, she licks her palms and chases the germaphobe around the ring until he collapses.
I don't know how much stamina Nancy Pelosi has, but it's likely more than what Donald Trump has. He is someone who rides in a golfcart while his fellow national leaders walk. So that could work.

On AOC's invitee:
Gregory Copeland on Twitter: "@rapid_defense’s client was incredibly honored by @AOC’s invitation to attend the State of the Union - and spent a great day at the Capitol. We are so proud of Mr. A, and how hard he, his family, and his community have fought to keep his family together. https://t.co/LfrYYrQEVq" / Twitter

Was this all just one massive yet hilarious own goal by the Dems?

Trump Job Approval at Personal Best 49%

As Trump's job approval rating has improved, so has the image of the Republican Party. Now, 51% of Americans view the Republican Party favorably, up from 43% in September. It is the first time GOP favorability has exceeded 50% since 2005.

Meanwhile, 45% of Americans have a positive opinion of the Democratic Party, a slight dip from 48% in September.

Additionally, the poll finds 48% of Americans identifying as Republicans or leaning toward that party, compared with 44% Democratic identification or leaning.

It's adorable how all the trump supporters are cheering wildly at an approval rating of 49%. "It's the highest approval rating in the history of the US, period!"

Donald Trump physical exam 2019: Weight up to 243, cholesterol down
Born 1946 Jun 14, Height: 6'3" (190 cm), Weight: 243 lb (110 kg)

Nancy Pelosi: born 1940 Mar 26, height 5'5" (165 cm)

In reference to other possible duels,
Tulsi Gabbard: born 1981 Apr 12, height 5'8" (173 cm)
Hillary Clinton: born 1947 Oct 26, height 5'6" (167 cm)
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: born 1989 Oct 13, height 5'4" (163 cm) or 5'5" (165 cm)

Given the age difference, TG could likely win against HC. But TG and AOC would be much more evenly matched. TG had military service, and I've found videos of her doing workouts, but AOC is no slouch. In her bartending years, she would drag big buckets full of ice, and in a parade, she ran for a little bit.

You've just made politics a lot more exciting, but I want to propose one change.

In the TC vs AOC duel, no weapons. Wearing bikinis, in jello.

Pelosi laces into Trump, defends tearing up his State of the Union speech - The Washington Post
And the California Democrat defended her decision to publicly tear up a copy of Trump’s speech Tuesday night in the moments after he concluded his speech, saying she did not “need any lessons from anybody, especially the president of the United States, about dignity.”

“It’s appalling the things that he says. And then you say to me: ‘Tearing up his falsehoods, isn’t that the wrong message?’ No, it isn’t,” she said, adding: “I feel very liberated. I feel that I’ve extended every possible courtesy. I’ve shown every level of respect.”

“She wants to see the good in people,” said Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.). “And then every time where she has reached out her hand, he has literally snubbed her. And I think there’s something finally snapped where she said: Enough is enough. He’s destroyed our Constitution. He’s taken no accountability. He’s shown no remorse. And now he’s not even willing to go through the pro forma of giving a speech at the State of the Union to find any common ground.”
The House had a vote on a reprimand for her. It failed, with the vote being on party lines: 224-193. A Republican, Rep. Matt Gaetz, intends to file an ethics complaint.

Republicans barge into a high-security room in a basement, then they get all weepy and snowflakey about someone ripping up a copy of their hero's big speech?

American politics is a series of threat displays and aesthetic signals with no substantive material outcomes for the majority of people, prove me wrong

Back
Top Bottom