• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breaking! Paris attack was western backed.

Plug your ears like a child then.

There's a difference between having an open mind and having a swiss cheese mind.

We've seen plenty of crap from Infowars before, we know it's garbage.

It was the gays and atheists, I tell you. Especially the Gay Atheists. And the CIA and Jewish Catholic Freemasons.

Eldarion Lathria

It was probably done by mugs organised by Zionists. Most things nasty are, but that would be ridiculous, as they see we say!

Oh, come on now!

It was done by the nuked gay whales!

Damn, Jimmy. You must be psychic. No one could have predicted that. :D
The day that will shock the earth is when some terrible event occurs and Alex Jones says that it wasn't a conspiracy and was perpetrated by terrorist, Jets fans, etc...

Questioning what we are told is essential to critical thinking. Whether it is virtuous I have no opinion on
The fact that uestioning things is important to critical thinking does not mean that when someone uestions something that they are engaging in critical thinking. What Alex Jones and his ilk do is simply kneejerk assume that all major events (9/11, Boston marathon bomb, Sandy hook, Charlie Hebdo, the recent Paris terrorism, etc.) are "false flags" and then come up with ridicilous rationales for how and why it was faked, perpetrated by the powers that be, etc.

As someone who reads a bunch of conspiracy websites I can tell you that the people who come up with this kind of nonsense are not engaging in critical thinking.

Questioning what we are told is essential to critical thinking. Whether it is virtuous I have no opinion on
The fact that uestioning things is important to critical thinking does not mean that when someone uestions something that they are engaging in critical thinking. What Alex Jones and his ilk do is simply kneejerk assume that all major events (9/11, Boston marathon bomb, Sandy hook, Charlie Hebdo, the recent Paris terrorism, etc.) are "false flags" and then come up with ridicilous rationales for how and why it was faked, perpetrated by the powers that be, etc.

As someone who reads a bunch of conspiracy websites I can tell you that the people who come up with this kind of nonsense are not engaging in critical thinking.

Or maybe that's what they want you to think. Think about it. It goes pretty deep.

No one has claimed that the people coming up with the websites engage in critical thinking. Rather that it is possible to read the material and think critically about it.
I assume you think you can read it and think critically? Well it seems Will thinks so too.

No one has claimed that the people coming up with the websites engage in critical thinking. Rather that it is possible to read the material and think critically about it.
I assume you think you can read it and think critically? Well it seems Will thinks so too.

You're assuming what's on the websites is accurate in the first place.

Consider an image I saw on infowars: "Molten" steel found in the wreckage of the twin towers. Being held up by a piece of heavy machinery gripping it's upper edge.

The evidence it was molten--the color. Good luck seeing red heat in broad daylight anyway!

:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom