• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breaking! Paris attack was western backed.

Clicked the link. Closed the tab when I saw the Info Wars logo.

Makes sense. Western and French

product_western_original.png

It was the gays and atheists, I tell you. Especially the Gay Atheists. And the CIA and Jewish Catholic Freemasons.

Eldarion Lathria

Back in the day, it was jokes that people used to try and come up with following a particularly moving disaster.

Now it's conspiracy theories.

Yawn.

Michael Jackson faked his own death and is living in Brazil with an indigenous tribe that worships him as a god, but no one is covering that story. What's up with that?

Clicked the link. Closed the tab when I saw the Info Wars logo.
M'eh. Alex Jones in this is 10% truth/valid perspective 90% crazy nutty shit. And that is actually a better percentage than Fox News or CNN. Alex Jones may be rubbish but at least he questions the mainstream narrative. And the mainstream narrative is more dangerous than Alex Jones.

Slouching Towards Nuremberg

Strange things are happening in the United States these days, and every day seems to bring additional scary news.

Alex Jones may be rubbish but at least he questions the mainstream narrative.

"Questioning the mainstream narrative" is not automatically virtuous. Sometimes, the dissenters are right. And sometimes, the dissenters are HIV-doesn't-cause-AIDS nutjobs, 9-11 was an inside job nutjobs, Barack Obama was born in Kenya nutjobs, global warming is a conspiracy nutjobs, activated almonds give you immortality nutjobs, and Evil-ution is a Satanic conspiracy nutjobs. Entering the marketplace of ideas and shitting in its mouth is not virtuous; it is mind pollution.

Entering the marketplace of ideas and shitting in its mouth is not virtuous; it is mind pollution.

Unfortunately, the only way to cleanse yourself of mind pollution is to have someone wash your brain. You're no better off than the nutjobs in that case.

Better off taking in all the pollution and letting your brain filter through it for those few tiny grains of substance. Your mind could probably use the exercise anyway.

"Questioning the mainstream narrative" is not automatically virtuous. .
Questioning what we are told is essential to critical thinking. Whether it is virtuous I have no opinion on

Questioning everything you are told is not essential to critical thinking; it is antithetical to it. It's literally as mindless as accepting everything you're told.

M'eh. Alex Jones in this is 10% truth/valid perspective 90% crazy nutty shit.
But you'd still need an external source to help figure out which is the 10% truth.

I get inputs from several coworkers on a daily basis. If I identify that one has a tendency to offer 10% useful information and 90% bullshit, I suppose I COULD get another coworker to vet his stuff and save the 10% that's useful.
Or I could figure it's too much work for something I could ask that other coworker for in the first place. Maybe stop inviting the BSer to meetings. Stop attending meetings he calls. Delete his emails unread.

I mean, if it's real, someone's going to have the data, packaged in a useful format, not hiding amongst bullshit.

"Questioning the mainstream narrative" is not automatically virtuous. .
Questioning what we are told is essential to critical thinking. Whether it is virtuous I have no opinion on

Questioning is essential, so is selective filtering. I only needed to participate in one 9-11 Truther thread to figure out that their arguments were following the pattern of irrational belief.

Here is the pattern:
  1. Argument #1 based upon specious assumption.
  2. Argument refuted using physics, engineering, or historical record
  3. Argument #2 based upon specious assumption.
  4. Argument refuted using physics, engineering, or historical record
  5. Argument #3 based upon specious assumption or emotional pleading.
  6. Argument refuted using physics, engineering, or historical record
  7. Argument #1 based upon specious assumption brought back out as if it had never been addressed or refuted.
  8. Argument refuted using physics, engineering, or historical record
  9. Repeat ad infinitleum for all arguments made.

Unless some radical new information were to come forward from a fresh source, I am willing to dismiss the source on this topic. If the source routinely offers up such theories, the source will be discounted or information coming from the source will be ignored.

Hence why infowars is considered a non-reliable source and ignored by all but infowars followers.

M'eh. Alex Jones in this is 10% truth/valid perspective 90% crazy nutty shit. And that is actually a better percentage than Fox News or CNN. Alex Jones may be rubbish but at least he questions the mainstream narrative. And the mainstream narrative is more dangerous than Alex Jones.

Slouching Towards Nuremberg

Strange things are happening in the United States these days, and every day seems to bring additional scary news.

Alex Jones seems to be fairly crazy, but he has a few fairly rational people working for him, namely Paul Joseph Watson. Never could quite figure out why PJW continues to work for such a nutbag like Alex Jones. He's much better than that.

It was the gays and atheists, I tell you. Especially the Gay Atheists. And the CIA and Jewish Catholic Freemasons.

Eldarion Lathria

It was probably done by mugs organised by Zionists. Most things nasty are, but that would be ridiculous, as they see we say!

Back
Top Bottom