• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Build the Wall!

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So, watching a rare bit of live football, and a political ad for some wannabe US Senate candidate in Ohio pops up. He is going on about being a Pro-Trump candidate, and that our biggest problem is illegal immigration and we need to build a wall and secure our nation.

And I'm thinking... are they still going on about the damn Wall and illegal immigration?! 1 million dead to Covid, supply chains are struggling and causing inflation, and Omicron is busting up our hospitals... but Central Americans crossing the border illegally is our big issue?

It depends who's listening.
Right on. Covid is a Democrat hoax, supply chains are just fine except George Soros is hoarding all your stuff, inflation is the result of Biden policies and Omicron doesn't even make people sick; hospitals are crowded with democrats trying to make Trump look bad.
Of course that leaves The Wall as The Big Issue.

It depends who's listening.
Right on. Covid is a Democrat hoax, supply chains are just fine except George Soros is hoarding all your stuff, inflation is the result of Biden policies and Omicron doesn't even make people sick; hospitals are crowded with democrats trying to make Trump look bad.
Of course that leaves The Wall as The Big Issue.
See, I'm an Independent. I blame Maersk Line for all my economic woes. Those damn dirty Danes price gouging on shipping costs. We could use the empty containers to ship the illegals out. Or build a wall out of them. Shipping containers. Not illegals.

I suppose it was that car salesman who is running who made such a commercial. The other nasty little fella probably doesn't have the funds.

The wall is how we protect ourselves from the bogeyman. If we build it the bogeyman goes away and is kept away forever.

The wall is how we protect ourselves from the bogeyman. If we build it the bogeyman goes away and is kept away forever.
That actually has traction for a set of campaign ads.

Whether under your bed, in your closet, lurking in the dark. The Boogieman is hiding everywhere.
I'm Jimmy Higgins and I'll protect you from the Boogieman.

This ad was paid for by the Higgins for US Senate committee.

So, watching a rare bit of live football, and a political ad for some wannabe US Senate candidate in Ohio pops up. He is going on about being a Pro-Trump candidate, and that our biggest problem is illegal immigration and we need to build a wall and secure our nation.

And I'm thinking... are they still going on about the damn Wall and illegal immigration?! 1 million dead to Covid, supply chains are struggling and causing inflation, and Omicron is busting up our hospitals... but Central Americans crossing the border illegally is our big issue?
Like it or not this is still an unfulfilled promise. If you are an old baby boomer (like myself) it is no big deal to keep flooding the country with bed pan help. But if you are a young uneducated and/or unskilled voter...higher wages are and wll continue to be an important issue.

Yes, the pandemic has provided temporary benefits for labor. But there is no guarantee how much longer union's can negotiate for better conditions. Labor wants a candidate who will best represent their best interests regardless of temporary conditions. That means pro Trump candidates.

Like it or not this is still an unfulfilled promise.
Well the Trump Admin was blessed with unfulfilled promises. His voters apparently love unfulfilled promises and want him back.
If you are an old baby boomer (like myself) it is no big deal to keep flooding the country with bed pan help. But if you are a young uneducated and/or unskilled voter...higher wages are and wll continue to be an important issue.
That's funny, because the uneducated and unskilled right-wing voter votes against higher wages.
Yes, the pandemic has provided temporary benefits for labor. But there is no guarantee how much longer union's can negotiate for better conditions. Labor wants a candidate who will best represent their best interests regardless of temporary conditions. That means pro Trump candidates.
*spit take*

How do pro-Trump candidates represent the longer-run best interests of labor?

I'm curious what Greene, Boehart, Gaetz have done for America so far, other than promoting themselves and pwning the libs.

Keep out immigrants = keep the labor supply low = raise wages.

Or maybe just start throwing the people that hire illegal immigrants in jail, as the laws allow.

Or maybe just start throwing the people that hire illegal immigrants in jail, as the laws allow.

This is the part that makes me crazy.

Dumbasses like to blame desperate people for coming to the USA to get jobs. Like they're stealing jobs. They aren't!

They're getting hired by American employers, who are giving our jobs away to illegal immigrants by the millions. The employers are the real criminals here, not the immigrants. If we, as a society, started prosecuting illegal employers this problem would be resolved by the summer.

But those illegals are just so darned profitable. They keep wages down while simultaneously keeping consumption up. It's a total win for the investing class. Ya know, the folks who tell the government what to do.
Tom

This is the part that makes me crazy.

Dumbasses like to blame desperate people for coming to the USA to get jobs. Like they're stealing jobs. They aren't!

They're getting hired by American employers, who are giving our jobs away to illegal immigrants by the millions. The employers are the real criminals here, not the immigrants. If we, as a society, started prosecuting illegal employers this problem would be resolved by the summer.

But those illegals are just so darned profitable. They keep wages down while simultaneously keeping consumption up. It's a total win for the investing class. Ya know, the folks who tell the government what to do.
Tom
You're Only Illegal When You're Not Processing Chicken has been queued up for decades. It's on the D.C.'s Greatest Hits album along with other such hits as: You Can't I Have Medical Care Like We Have Medical Care and Lobbyists Are People Too. And who can forget, We're Gonna Keep Bogarting That Joint My Friend.

Well, they did raise wages in the Chicken processing plants, but Trump voters don't want to do that awful work.

The Reich wing wants to keep out legal immigrants also.

Back
Top Bottom