• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Can the definition of infinity disprove an infinite past?

0.999... is as final as 1.000... and 1.000... is exactly the same as 1.0
0.9 is actually 0.900...

What does (...) mean?

Does it mean you have a final 9?
Is there a rightmost decimal in the decimals of pi?

Answer my question first.

I am talking about a specific notation.

Not a transformation of the notation.

What does 0.999.... actually mean?

Does it mean the 9's end eventually?

Any use of pi in the real world is a rounding off.

In the real world, very quickly, figures to the right of the decimal become insignificant.

Pi only exists in the human imagination and in the use of an arbitrarily defined mathematics. But even there it can only be partially expressed.

It does not exist for real.

And we are all oh so proud of you. Have a cookie. :rolleyes:

There are situations where defending your position is no longer a sane thing to do. You are like one of those isolated Japanese soldiers who were still hiding out on Pacific Islands in the 1970s, refusing to believe that the war was last three decades ago.

You haven't abandoned your position. You will fight on to your last breath. But your cause was lost long ago, and cannot be saved; you are wasting your life on the defence of a long dead idea.

Imperial Japan didn't win the war; And the fact that their soldiers were still fighting long after everyone on the opposing side had stopped, does not make them the victors. It just makes them sad and deluded.

This is worthless shit.

You have no position and have nothing of any merit to say about mine.

So you say this worthless shit instead.

You might benefit from a moment's reflection as to just how incredibly accurate this is, if presented as an assessment of other people's opinions of your posts.

Of course, you won't take a moment to reflect upon that. But if you did, you might benefit.

And of course, as with so much in this thread, you should also take a moment to realize that your opinions do not change the fact that what others are saying remains true.

You want to hide your total shit behind some others you claim have ideas just as shitty.

No difference between some lost dunce believing an infinity could be possible in the real world and an adherent to Scientology.

Religious nonsense!

It is unsupportable.

Which is why you have been reduced to spewing nothing but this. Always crying that I am ignoring such incredible arguments.

When ALL I get is shit like this!

In the real world, very quickly, figures to the right of the decimal become insignificant.

Pi only exists in the human imagination and in the use of an arbitrarily defined mathematics. But even there it can only be partially expressed.

I leave you here to let you forever keeping repeat this bullshit... I have done what I can to let you out of it but... I failed.
Forgive me unter...

I leave you here to let you forever keeping repeat this bullshit... I have done what I can to let you out of it but... I failed.
Forgive me unter...

You have not tried to help me.

You have tried to convert me to your religion.

You should be sorry.

Back
Top Bottom