• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Can the Democrats come back?

Considering that Trump will be filling up a bunch of backed up seats with GOP approved justices and there is no way they don't double down on the Jim Crow, do you see Democrats coming back from this? I am really worried that Trump will be the next Erdogan.

Never go full derangement syndrome.
This is no different than Obama being a Kenyan-born Muslim communist who has a gay lover.

Considering that Trump will be filling up a bunch of backed up seats with GOP approved justices and there is no way they don't double down on the Jim Crow, do you see Democrats coming back from this? I am really worried that Trump will be the next Erdogan.

This is no different than Obama being a Kenyan-born Muslim communist who has a gay lover.

No different? It is based on what the FFVC actual said himself during the campaign.

The phantasies about how "crooked" and "flawed" Hillary was on the other hand...

No different? It is based on what the FFVC actual said himself during the campaign.
Really? He said he'd bring back Jim Crow and that he seeks to emulate Erdogan?

The phantasies about how "crooked" and "flawed" Hillary was on the other hand...
She is the most perfectest candidate ever, in addition to being the most qualified candidate ever. :rolleyes:

Sea of Red said:
Trump a two-term?

Trump is going to be a freak show with bad hair that will self-destruct.

We can work towards that goal, but I am done underestimating him. We treated him as a joke for the last year and half. Who is laughing now? He is not a joke. He is a strong and dangerous opponent. If there is a lesson to be learned from this election is DON'T TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED!

He has his vulnerabilities, most prominent is that he made promises that will be very hard to keep, to people with conflicting interests. But he made it work once, and there's no reason he can't do it again, unless we work to prevent it.

Fuck...as I really hate doing this...but I have to agree with Derec. The US is not Turkey, though we may currently look like a turkey. Our democracy is far far stronger.

Besides, the Dums just need to remember March 16, 2016...and make the Repugs squirm.

No, I don't see the democrats coming back. We can't. The system is rigged against us. More democrats voted than republicans yesterday. HRC won the vote. However, the republicans control the presidency, the senate, the house, the supreme court, most governships, and most state legislatures. We do not live in a democracy.

This is the rough equivalent of when people say their football team should have won because it had more possession and first downs or their hockey team should have won because they had more shots on goal.

Tip: we have an official way we keep score in elections. It is known to the candidates.

The candidates organize their resources and strategies to win elections based on the way the actual score is kept. There's a reason why trump was spending time in Ohio and Pennsylvania and not California despite the fact California has a large percentage of the popular vote.

No, I don't see the democrats coming back. We can't. The system is rigged against us. More democrats voted than republicans yesterday. HRC won the vote. However, the republicans control the presidency, the senate, the house, the supreme court, most governships, and most state legislatures. We do not live in a democracy.

This is the rough equivalent of when people say their football team should have won because it had more possession and first downs or their hockey team should have won because they had more shots on goal.

Tip: we have an official way we keep score in elections. It is known to the candidates.

The candidates organize their resources and strategies to win elections based on the way the actual score is kept. There's a reason why trump was spending time in Ohio and Pennsylvania and not California despite the fact California has a large percentage of the popular vote.

Yeah, or wasting time in Arizona or Georgia. She should have been in PA, WI, MI, NC, and FL.

She should have been everywhere, except for her fucking bubble. We laughed at Trump for campaigning in blue states. Well, he won Wisconsin and Pennsylvannia. Guess he was the smart one, and we were the dumb ones. He was constantly holding rallies and being seen among the voters, he even came here to MN, he still lost here, but did better than anyone would have imagined. She stayed in her safe zone. Next time, we need to campaign in all states. We will probably lose plenty, but we can't take that for granted any more than we can take our 'blue' states for granted.

Her showing up and campaigning won't neccesarily have made a big difference. She lacked a good message, was an establishment candidate when people were sick of the establishment, had an air of self-entitlement from her initial expected "coronation" and topped off with her "I'm with her" rather than "She's with us" slogan, and followed after 8 years of Obama (elections tend to oscilate back and forth). She was a bad candidate and ran a bad campaign with a bad message. What needs to change to get the Democrats back on course is an actual course correction, not more campaigning with the same broken message.

Push to get money out of politics and put Elizabeth Warren up next time. Make her your first female president, and use a slogan similar to "We are the 99%".

Her showing up and campaigning won't neccesarily have made a big difference. She lacked a good message, was an establishment candidate when people were sick of the establishment, had an air of self-entitlement from her initial expected "coronation" and topped off with her "I'm with her" rather than "She's with us" slogan, and followed after 8 years of Obama (elections tend to oscilate back and forth). She was a bad candidate and ran a bad campaign with a bad message. What needs to change to get the Democrats back on course is an actual course correction, not more campaigning with the same broken message.
Yeah, I hadn't thought about the "I'm with her" being as lame as it was until Tuesday night as it was being commented on. Never make it about yourself...duh.

Push to get money out of politics and put Elizabeth Warren up next time. Make her your first female president, and use a slogan similar to "We are the 99%".
What's wrong with Kate Brown ;) Besides, governor back-grounded candidates win presidencies far more than congressional critters.

No disagreement Jolly. I'm saying an attitude adjustment on her part would have solved both problems. Getting out of her bubble and sense of entitlement would have made her a more effective campaigner.

Warren doesn't seem to want it, which is why I suggested Duckworth. Auditions start today!

She'd be 71 in 2020. Democrats really need to nominate somebody younger this time.

No disagreement Jolly. I'm saying an attitude adjustment on her part would have solved both problems. Getting out of her bubble and sense of entitlement would have made her a more effective campaigner.

They are already up to like Hillary version 7.0 by now. People just need to accept that she isn't good at this whole politician thing. If this wasn't apparent to you before you need to check the calibration on your inauthenticity detector. She even has trouble winning the elections they try to hand her.

Fortunately, she can fall back on what she is good at: giving $500,000 speeches to investment bankers.

What's wrong with Kate Brown ;) Besides, governor back-grounded candidates win presidencies far more than congressional critters.
Oregon might be too granola to spawn national candidates. But I don't know much about her. How are her political positions?

They are already up to like Hillary version 7.0 by now. People just need to accept that she isn't good at this whole politician thing. If this wasn't apparent to you before you need to check the calibration on your inauthenticity detector. She even has trouble winning the elections they try to hand her.

Fortunately, she can fall back on what she is good at: giving $500,000 speeches to investment bankers.

Yeah, all she did was get more votes than Trump.

A trained goat could have got more votes than Trump.

Fuck, your bar is set low.

Hope you are enjoying your she-got-more-votes-than-Trump election result.

Oregon might be too granola to spawn national candidates. But I don't know much about her. How are her political positions?
Oregon probably has as much of a chance as some hickdive place like Arkansas. She hasn't been there long enough for 2020 (though a world more experience than Palin), and she is too LGBT for the US.

A trained goat could have got more votes than Trump.

Fuck, your bar is set low.

Hope you are enjoying your she-got-more-votes-than-Trump election result.

Winning more votes is a low bar? I though that was how elections are won.

Don't tire your hands out with all that waving.

Warren doesn't seem to want it, which is why I suggested Duckworth. Auditions start today!
Pretty impressive resume, but she literally just got elected to the Senate. If she has presidential aspirations, I would peg her for 2024 more likely (in case of trump victory 2020) or 2028. She is definitely young enough to wait 8-12 years.

Winning more votes is a low bar? I though that was how elections are won.
They are, but on a state-by-state basis. And while I am in favor of national popular vote, it is foolish to assume that popular vote would look like it does it we had popular vote elections in effect in 2020. Campaigning would be entirely different for one.

Back
Top Bottom