• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Can this claim regarding the US (2008 to 2014)be historically supported?

Historians would laugh at such a ludicrous claim. During that period I believe the US has only "attacked" one sovereign country and that was our air actions against Libya and that was along with NATO. Our actions in Afghanistan during that period have been as an ally to the Government of that country. The Drone attacks and the action against OBL were not against countries. Look at the attacks against sovereign countries carried out by Hitler from 1939-1941 or the attacks by Japan from 1937-1942. There is absolutely no comparison.
And the Romans didnt attack Britain they were aiding the Iceni people.

Historians would laugh at such a ludicrous claim. During that period I believe the US has only "attacked" one sovereign country and that was our air actions against Libya and that was along with NATO. Our actions in Afghanistan during that period have been as an ally to the Government of that country. The Drone attacks and the action against OBL were not against countries. Look at the attacks against sovereign countries carried out by Hitler from 1939-1941 or the attacks by Japan from 1937-1942. There is absolutely no comparison.
That's irrelevant to this discussion. Of course we attacked the sovereign nation of Afghanistan in 2002. The topic of this thread pertains to the period 2008-2014.

Last edited:
That's irrelevant to this discussion. Of course we attacked the sovereign nation of Afghanistan in 2002. The topic of this thread pertains to the period 2008-2014.
How do you figure that? We intervened in an ongoing civil war between the Taliban and the Northern Alliance. On what basis would you call that "attacked the sovereign nation of Afghanistan"? Do you figure the the Taliban were the legal government of Afghanistan? Seems to me in 2002 we defended the sovereign nation of Afghanistan, from the gang of criminals who'd overrun most of it.

Nothing like blowing up a country back to the stone age even more then it was as we tried to chase the Taliban back into the mountains I always like to say for over 10 years.

Too bad when we wanted the Taliban to let us build a gas pipeline through Afghanistan they were cool then. Funny how most people do not know or have conveniently forgot that the Taliban was invited to Washington when we were negotiating with them for pipelines. I think thanks to the CIA and other covert ops we called them Mujahideen or freedom fighters when they were battling the Soviets. Today we call them terrorist, Islamic fundamentalist, assholes and just people on the wrong side of history. And by history that of course would be our history. I guess Foucault was right when it came to who, the winners and powerful, gets to write history. There are still a bunch of caves in Tora Bora paid by the American tax payer one way or another. Or CIA and warlord drug money. Turning a country into basically a narco state after lives and treasure spent it looks like as W would say," Mission Accomplished!"

And just imagine if the public knew that we have been dealing with the Taliban for years to let our supply convoys mosey on through the passes from the border with Pakistan to Afghanistan it might get a tad bit confusing for the masses to understand. But then that would make us look bad and not fit the narrative that we do not negotiate/deal with terrorist, especially warlords and the Taliban. Well at least not in public! It makes us look bad. And some claim that we have invaded and warred on the most countries from 2008 to 2014. Gee now what to make of that?

Peace

Pegasus

Back
Top Bottom