• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

ChatGPT : Does God Exist?

I cannot stop laughing whenever I look at this thing.

well, it doesn't take AI to understand that a belief in "something more" is more reliable than the reverse. Based on observation any way. But faith based people will never yield to observation so we get blasted by the anti's and the my-god-only's in both ears. I lump the fundamental atheist and fundamental theist in the big bag of fundy think type.

Clowns to the left of me
jokers to the right

well, it doesn't take AI to understand that a belief in "something more" is more reliable than the reverse.
It doesn't take an AI to understand that "something" is just as useless as "nothing", unless and until you're specific about what "thing" you mean.

If by "something more" you mean "A new physical theory that produces the same predictions as the old one in the domain in which theory currently matches observation, while providing sound, testable, and observably true predictions in at least one domain in which existing theory is either inaccurate or incapable of predicting anything at all", then "something more" is what we have routinely observed to be behind every phenomenon since the beginning of human existence.

If by "something more" you mean "something supernatural", then the observation that literally every single phenomenon that has ever been explained has turned out to have a non-supernatural explanation, despite almost always having been hypothesised to have a supernatural explanation, tells us that "something more" is the least reliable hypothesis in the history of thought.

Belief in "something more" is, objectively, a worse bet than backing South Australia to win this year's State of Origin series*.

*Queensland are 2-0 ahead in the three match series, and South Australia aren't even playing in the competition, and never have.

For US audiences, an alternative analogy would be backing the Brooklyn Dodgers to win this year's Superbowl.

well, it doesn't take AI to understand that a belief in "something more" is more reliable than the reverse.

Someone needs to define their terms.

Back
Top Bottom