• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Christianity Disproved?

They need to prove firstly that it is possible for gods to exist, then that God exists and thirdly that he is the only god.

That's a lot of proving.

Which discovery in the vid are you referring to? They say Goliath just had a pituitary problem, and he was an easy kill because his vision was so bad. Supposedly giant remains were found with a hole in the skull, but who knows. The fat kid sifting through the dirt found that one thing. Thought it was interesting. Can't remember now, but it was interesting. And yeah, there is no disproving, just disbelieving, huh. Too much stuff out there to sift through, and the insupportable is insupportable in itself, so why

For a good 90% of the believers I've interacted with, proofs and rationale are immaterial to their purposes. Religion defines them socially and emotionally, and they're content with it. The few I've known who've shown any versatility with the apologetics of their faith had what seemed to me formulaic responses to the 'difficulties' in their scripture (i.e., responding to the OT law that disobedient sons must be stoned to death by the village: 'God knew that to survive and keep the faith alive they would have to start with laws that seem harsh and unyielding to us." Et cetera, times a thousand. Or the classic standby line, whenever you bring up a teaching that seems insane: "We would have to go back to the original Greek." Faith and orthodoxy are like Teflon.)

Back
Top Bottom