• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Climatologist says Arctic Carbon Release could mean “We're Fucked”

But It's not me who is mixing local weather with climate, I merely pointing out that you never hear complains about good "weather".
And I was not talking about this year "weather" I was about last decade of "weather" compared what we had in the 90s which was utter crap.
Comparing the average weather by decades tells us nothing about climate. It is still weather. For example, weather cycles like the North Atlantic Oscillation or the El Nino - La Nina cycles span decades. Then there are other more poorly understood weather cycles. Climate is a matter of centuries - such as the several hundred year warming trend since the depths of the Little Ice Age even though there has been decades of cooling weather periods during this centuries of warming.
Tell that to "climatologists". As for me, I knew that. All I was saying is that people do not usually complain about weather changing to better.

This is more unnerving than "An Inconvenient Truth", where they tells us that "this" is what's happening and if we don't change we're fucked.
This is: It's not in your hands, you ARE going to get fucked by a four inch wide wooden dong with splinters and rusty nail tips. (Then you're going to lose your job, go hungry, deal with millions of displaced coastal inhabitants and probably go into a medieval-oid Mad Max type dystopia.)

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
There seems to be pattern of CO2 spike at about 150mys. Note that the Industrial Revolution is on a peak of the cycle.Exacerbation?Bad luck? Perfect storm?Ether way, we or our children will have to deal with it.
Deniers have vested interest.Maybe economic.Maybe political.
We will fiddle as Rome burns.

EDA:I forgot NASA is full of idiot,My bad.

Last edited:
I don't even know how to play the fiddle. Now I really can't do anything!

I don't even know how to play the fiddle. Now I really can't do anything!
Well, you could console yourself with the idea that returning to the climate of seventy million years ago is better for life on Earth than a return to the climate of massive glaciation of thirty thousand years ago or the real horror of another snowball Earth.

Back
Top Bottom