• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Cocked and Loaded on Behalf of the Saudis

Must be those "over the horizon" binoculars I keep hearing about? Or maybe the meme is full of shit.

You do understand that military action against Iran will be interpreted as unequivocal support for Saudi Arabia by some "very bad hombres" right? You understand how diplomacy and nuance works right?

Right?

Right?

You know how this works, right?

Your myopia isn't a rebuttal. Iran wants to bring their flavor of Islam to the Muslim world.

Iran winning would make the oil shock of 1973 look like a picnic.

(Not to say a KSA win would be a good thing, either.)
What about the Wahhabism out of Saudi Arabia? Is that the gentle radicalism? What about Iran isn’t nearly as radical as their religious dictatorship?

And things were relaxing a bit with the nuclear agreement. Saudi Arabia hated the idea of the US trying to make amends with Iran. They got the guy they wanted in the US to rip that to shreds.

Note that I said a KSA win wouldn't be good. So long as they are after each other they are less of a threat to non-Muslims.

Your myopia isn't a rebuttal. Iran wants to bring their flavor of Islam to the Muslim world.

Iran winning would make the oil shock of 1973 look like a picnic.

(Not to say a KSA win would be a good thing, either.)
What about the Wahhabism out of Saudi Arabia? Is that the gentle radicalism? What about Iran isn’t nearly as radical as their religious dictatorship?

And things were relaxing a bit with the nuclear agreement. Saudi Arabia hated the idea of the US trying to make amends with Iran. They got the guy they wanted in the US to rip that to shreds.

Note that I said a KSA win wouldn't be good. So long as they are after each other they are less of a threat to non-Muslims.
I keep forgetting Muslim civilians are lesser people.

You do understand that military action against Iran will be interpreted as unequivocal support for Saudi Arabia by some "very bad hombres" right? You understand how diplomacy and nuance works right?
Why? Military action against Germany wasn't interpreted as unequivocal support of USSR either.

You know how this works, right?
Do you?

In any case, the current Iranian regime has zero redeeming qualities. At least Saudi royals play ball with the West, more or less, and prevent the territory to become an even bigger Islamist hellhole - unlike Iran, in KSA the populace is more religiously conservative than the rulers.

The good news. Apparently Trump was all talk
That's not good news. Speak softly and carry a big stick, but when you threaten with the stick, you better follow through, or nobody will take you seriously. Not that Trump is the only offender. Obama's "red line" re Syria comes to mind.

Poor Derec.
Poor Jimmy.

In any case, more countries have concluded that Iran is the aggressor behind the Abqaiq and Khurais attack.
European Leaders Join U.S. in Blaming Iran for Saudi Oil Attacks, Urge New Deal

UK, France, Germany. The European heavyweights.

Isn't that how these things start? We send them military advisors, because they are our allies. Then we send support personnel to protect the advisors. Then we send materiel to supply the support personnel. Then we send heavy equipment to protect the materiel. We send more personnel to equip the materiel. And so on.
Something like that. But Iran is a sufficient danger to world peace to warrant a buildup.
Why?
Pretty sure the US is a much bigger threat to world peace than any other country, or radical group, on the planet.

I keep forgetting Muslim civilians are lesser people.

It's their governments, something for the people there to fix.
So it is up to them to fix the European and American fuck ups in the Middle East. Sure, the Arabs are hardly innocent in this, but to insinuate that this is their problem really ignores the deep roots many parties have with the Middle East and the cluster it is.

Pretty sure the US is a much bigger threat to world peace than any other country, or radical group, on the planet.

Could you elaborate a little here? We're a bigger threat than China or Russia? If so, what countries are we actively seeking to conquer now?
It does seem hard to gauge. The US was attacked on 9/11, and 3,000 people lost their lives. Our reaction was a prematurely exited occupation of Afghanistan and a tremendously badly executed occupation of Iraq which cost over 100,000 their lives.

To be fair, we haven't cost a nation 100,000 lives often.

Back
Top Bottom