• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Colorado Hunter In Cross Hairs After Online Bullying By Anti-Hunting Activists

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/03/...er-online-bullying-by-anti-hunting-activists/

article-2592737-1CB19E3900000578-441_306x423.jpg

DENVER (CBS4)- A picture of a hunter posing on Facebook with her kill, a mountain lion, has put her in the cross hairs of groups that oppose hunting. She claims she’s being harassed online by animal activists- some have threatened her life.

I do feel like there is a certain extent to which if you don't want people complaining about how many mountain lions you kill maybe don't kill so many mountain lions, or at least have the good sense to not advertise that you're doing it...

It's weird that people have been threatening her life, though. There's some mob mentality or something going on, there. Surely most of them have encountered the phenomenon of hunters, and even the phenomenon of hunters who take photos of their kills, before now and managed to not threaten to kill anyone. If a few people went to jail every time something like this happened it would probably stop happening.

I do feel like there is a certain extent to which if you don't want people complaining about how many mountain lions you kill maybe don't kill so many mountain lions, or at least have the good sense to not advertise that you're doing it...

It's weird that people have been threatening her life, though. There's some mob mentality or something going on, there. Surely most of them have encountered the phenomenon of hunters, and even the phenomenon of hunters who take photos of their kills, before now and managed to not threaten to kill anyone. If a few people went to jail every time something like this happened it would probably stop happening.

It started with conservatives, but it's spreading to everywhere.

I remember my father got a letter to the editor published in a Chicago newspaper back in the early 90s/late 80s. He was an active Lt. Col. in the Air Force, and he expressed support for allowing gays to serve in the military. We got flooded with phone calls and letters expressing anonymous death threats. Hardly anyone was on the Internet back then, but the right wing propaganda machine was just reaching full swing.

Ever since then, most people are using the Internet, and I think that's how it's spreading. Gamers routinely make anonymous death threats and/or anonymous rape threats over the most trivial things. I'm not at all surprised to find it spreading to environmentalists.

Of course, the only thing that's really new about this is how the death threats are being disseminated. We've been burning each other in effigy since the very beginning of our country.

I understand hunting if you're going to hunt your own food. However, I do not understand displaying the animal as a trophy when there was probably a minimal chance that you would be put in danger since you were hiding somewhere where the animal probably wouldn't find you. It seems pathetic.

Those rascal cats can be a problem. There is more and more reports of women killing them. Better them than the women.

Back
Top Bottom