• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Coming to someone's facebook page, near you.

Bronzeage

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Pragmatic
Radical Atheists Kill 29 In Middle East Suicide Bombing

As a long time and quite accomplished smartass, I learned a long time ago, if you want to use hyperbolic satire, it better be funny. There's no joke so simple that everyone will get it. The more subtle the humor, the more likely someone will think you are serious.

This link for the Daily Currant just popped up on my facebook feed. It was trailing someone's post about the death from diabetes, of the 12 year old daughter of faith healing practitioners. When the facebook bots went to work to find complimentary links, this was the best they could do.

The Daily Currant is the same bunch of hobbled humorists who ran an article about the discovery of 39 mutilated bodies found in the Tennessee River. The very serious article included a description of paramedics trying to revive a headless human trunk, because state law requires a one hour attempt to revive all drowning victims. This stuff practically writes itself. The link was shared all over the Tennessee valley by frightened citizens who believed their river had become the dumping ground for a mass murderer.

This truly is the dark side of the internet. There was a time when a gullible neighbor or friend could spread this kind of nonsense, but only to people who knew what kind of idiot they were. Today, it's possible to fall for a joke slightly more sophisticated than "I got your nose," and then have the ear of the world, as they go on a campaign to warn the world about predatory nose snatchers.

Related:

Links from pages called things like "THE TRUTH REVEALED", "THE MIND UNLEASHED", "WORLDTRUTH.TV"

Which ironically are always complete bullshit, and people eat it up.

Related:

Links from pages called things like "THE TRUTH REVEALED", "THE MIND UNLEASHED", "WORLDTRUTH.TV"

Which ironically are always complete bullshit, and people eat it up.

Websites which contain the name of some type of produce in the title should not be trusted to deliver factual information.

"If it wasn't true, they couldn't put it in the comic book." --Jethro Bodine

Back
Top Bottom