• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Condiments

Burgers and fries get ketchup only. Any special sauces and concoctions are too freu frueu for me. Burgers and fries are meant to ne simple.

Fries with gravy are great!

Indeed they are.

I also heard about something a friend had in a pub in Ireland: curry over French fries.

I make Japanese-style French fries to do this, naturally. :D

Anyway, curry on French fries are delicious.

Chili con carne on French fries is also delicious.

Also, add black pepper with the salt as soon as they come out of the fryer, then dip in mayonnaise. Learned that trick in Germany.

Oh, and fresh-grated Parmesan cheese is really tasty on French fries. Toss the fries in the parm right after they come out of the fryer.

Curry fries are like pineapple on pizza, or Spam on pizza. Both abominations.

Curry fries are like pineapple on pizza, or Spam on pizza. Both abominations.

You hush your mouth, infidel! Curry fries are pure heaven.

Then again, I'm one of those weirdos who actually buys a Hawaiian pizza once every few years. Ham + pineapple + jalape[ent]ntilde[/ent]o is pretty delicious on a pizza. It's all salty and sweet and spicy.

Texas favorite. Frito Pie. A bowl of Fritos smothered in chili with lots of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Served with ice cold beer. Some people like a dollop of sour cream on top.

Texas favorite. Frito Pie. A bowl of Fritos smothered in chili with lots of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Served with ice cold beer. Some people like a dollop of sour cream on top.

We call that pub nachos here. I sometimes have it for lunch on a Sunday and will be the only thing I eat that day! It kind of looks like this:

FE93B67F-E9FE-47D7-B3C2-C6512B2E7C33.jpeg

I recently started looking for some chutney. Nothing like that at my local Grocery store. Sighhhhhhh. I will have to make my own to get any.

I've been a fan of hot sauce on avocados lately.
Smashing avocado and mixing it with some salsa from a jar makes a really nice dip for crackers, or to go on toast!

I always make pico de gallo. I can't remember the last time I bought a jar of salsa. Almost any dicing contraption makes it super easy to make (onions, tomatoes, jalape[ent]ntilde[/ent]o, garlic, salt). Smashing that up (preferably in a large mortar and pestle) with fresh avocados is how you make guacamole.

So you're essentially making quick 'n dirty guacamole. It may not be as good as making everything from scratch, as long as the avocados are fresh it probably tastes great.

Did I already mention Lao Gan Ma?

They make a variety of dried spicy things in vegetable oil:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051D84JU/

5ba16264d217300008df1cbc-eight.jpg

They have a variety of different products, some which include dried black beans, or peanuts, but they all have dried fried hot chiles in vegetable oil.

While this tastes good in lots and lots of things, my absolute favorite thing to do with this stuff is to mix it with cream cheese and smear it on a toasted bagel. Add a little or a lot to the cream cheese depending on your spice/heat preference.

I recently started looking for some chutney. Nothing like that at my local Grocery store. Sighhhhhhh. I will have to make my own to get any.

Yeah, but you're in Houston where they have those weird Vietnamese-Cajun fusion dishes, so that makes up for it, right?

Yeah, but you're in Houston where they have those weird Vietnamese-Cajun fusion dishes, so that makes up for it, right?

Not near me. This is a Hispanic neighborhood. At my local store, I can get 20 different kinds of chile peppers, but nothing really ethnic like chutney. Not even decent curry powder.

Back
Top Bottom