• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Congressman wants Guiliani to be disbarred

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/24/rudy-giuliani-disbar/

n the three weeks since Election Day, Rudolph W. Giuliani has waged a prodigiously unsuccessful legal fight on behalf of President Trump’s campaign to overturn the election results. Giuliani’s bizarre news conferences and literal meltdown became fodder for late-night talk show hosts, while his even more bizarre legal arguments have prompted federal judges to unleash withering rebukes.
Giuliani and the rest of the efforts of the Trump campaign’s legal team won’t shift the election results in the president’s favor, but legal ethicists such as Scott Cummings of the UCLA School of Law do not view the former New York mayor as harmless.
“People are emailing me saying this is comical, and I’d say it would be comical if it weren’t so dangerous,” Cummings told The Washington Post on Monday in reference to Giuliani’s actions on Trump’s behalf. “We’re living through this moment where actions that should have consequences don’t seem to — at least not in a way we would have predicted in the past — and that erodes trust in the system.”

Trump and, to a lesser extent, those in his orbit have a track record of eluding consequences for violating democratic and political norms. And although a legal reckoning may still await Trump outside the White House, one congressional Democrat in New Jersey is pushing for lawyers such as Giuliani, who have enabled the president, to face swift and severe professional sanctions.

I'm not an attorney, but for quite awhile, I've been wondering how someone so nutty and delusional could continue to legally practice law. So, it's good to see someone who holds a law degree trying to do something about lawyers like Rudy. He should try to get Powell disbarred as well. She's just as bad, if not worse.

Could not agree more. But I suppose he'd have to commit some kind of crime first, not just be crazy. How much will he get from the OrangeClown, that will be interesting.

Could not agree more. But I suppose he'd have to commit some kind of crime first, not just be crazy. How much will he get from the OrangeClown, that will be interesting.

For $20K a day, I'm sure he's telling mango Mussolini that "We'll get 'em in the next courtroom. Just wait and see. We'll get you that next four years, Mr. president."

For $20k (of money from the MAGA-hatters, or pilfered from U.S. Treasury) shouldn't Rudy be able to afford some hot under-age stuff from the Pizzeria? Why was he fondling Borat's daughter with one hand while fondling his joystick with the other?

(For that matter, why did Borat burst into the room to rescue his daughter? Didn't he want more of that fondling on film?)

When they film The Tragedy of Cheetoh, King of Orange, Rudy's part will be played by a comic.

Does he have to commit a crime? If a nurse was as incompetent as Rudy, she would be in danger of losing her license. Does one have to commit a crime or just make it obvious that they are unfit to practice law? If a lawyer keeps bringing crazy, frivolous lawsuits without an ounce of evidence to the courts, couldn't that be used to show that he's unfit to practice law? I'm pretty sure that congress critter who wants sanctions against Rudy, has a law degree. Do attorneys not have professional standards that they must follow? I really don't know because I'm not an attorney, but it seems that anyone with a professional license in any field must show some competency in their field. The man is obviously not dealing with a full deck anymore. If I were an attorney, I'd feel that his behavior is an embarrassment to my profession.

He doesn't need to commit a crime. Wasting the court's time with frivolous lawsuits not backed by evidence is actually a criteria for disbarrment and he's done that multiple times.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/24/rudy-giuliani-disbar/

n the three weeks since Election Day, Rudolph W. Giuliani has waged a prodigiously unsuccessful legal fight on behalf of President Trump’s campaign to overturn the election results. Giuliani’s bizarre news conferences and literal meltdown became fodder for late-night talk show hosts, while his even more bizarre legal arguments have prompted federal judges to unleash withering rebukes.
Giuliani and the rest of the efforts of the Trump campaign’s legal team won’t shift the election results in the president’s favor, but legal ethicists such as Scott Cummings of the UCLA School of Law do not view the former New York mayor as harmless.
“People are emailing me saying this is comical, and I’d say it would be comical if it weren’t so dangerous,” Cummings told The Washington Post on Monday in reference to Giuliani’s actions on Trump’s behalf. “We’re living through this moment where actions that should have consequences don’t seem to — at least not in a way we would have predicted in the past — and that erodes trust in the system.”

Trump and, to a lesser extent, those in his orbit have a track record of eluding consequences for violating democratic and political norms. And although a legal reckoning may still await Trump outside the White House, one congressional Democrat in New Jersey is pushing for lawyers such as Giuliani, who have enabled the president, to face swift and severe professional sanctions.

I'm not an attorney, but for quite awhile, I've been wondering how someone so nutty and delusional could continue to legally practice law. So, it's good to see someone who holds a law degree trying to do something about lawyers like Rudy. He should try to get Powell disbarred as well. She's just as bad, if not worse.

Jenna Ellis should be, if Powell should be.

When they film The Tragedy of Cheetoh, King of Orange, Rudy's part will be played by a comic.

It would have been a custom fit for Robin Williams.

Or Robin's hero, Jonathan Winters. Smear black mayo on his head, tell him to draw a vote count from a hat, start describing the fraud. "Philly? Philly's too silly, your honor. Philly's a city where the Democrats will vote for Trump JUST so they can riot when he wins. You should make the entire list of registered voters take a lie detector test to ask who they wanted to win AND who they voted for. And any liars, that's automatically a vote for Mondale." (Aide whispers in his ear, then wipes hand on Giuliani's suit) "I mean Trump, of course."

It would have been a custom fit for Robin Williams.

Or Robin's hero, Jonathan Winters. Smear black mayo on his head, tell him to draw a vote count from a hat, start describing the fraud. "Philly? Philly's too silly, your honor. Philly's a city where the Democrats will vote for Trump JUST so they can riot when he wins. You should make the entire list of registered voters take a lie detector test to ask who they wanted to win AND who they voted for. And any liars, that's automatically a vote for Mondale." (Aide whispers in his ear, then wipes hand on Giuliani's suit) "I mean Trump, of course."

Sasha Baron Cohen--no, I'm serious.
Dramatic actor, with comic chops: Al Pacino.

Sasha Baron Cohen--no, I'm serious.
Dramatic actor, with comic chops: Al Pacino.

Michael Keaton. He can be comedic, manic, threatening, psychotic, sullen, confused....

Or, and hear me out, would Carol Burnett shave her head for the role?

Does he have to commit a crime? If a nurse was as incompetent as Rudy, she would be in danger of losing her license. Does one have to commit a crime or just make it obvious that they are unfit to practice law? If a lawyer keeps bringing crazy, frivolous lawsuits without an ounce of evidence to the courts, couldn't that be used to show that he's unfit to practice law? I'm pretty sure that congress critter who wants sanctions against Rudy, has a law degree. Do attorneys not have professional standards that they must follow? I really don't know because I'm not an attorney, but it seems that anyone with a professional license in any field must show some competency in their field. The man is obviously not dealing with a full deck anymore. If I were an attorney, I'd feel that his behavior is an embarrassment to my profession.

You'd think. But American disbarments are a relatively rare occurence, and the standard of evidence of wrongdoing high; I think lawyers are afraid of what might happen if they caught on.

You'd think. But American disbarments are a relatively rare occurence, and the standard of evidence of wrongdoing high; I think lawyers are afraid of what might happen if they caught on.

Yeah, of course. That's WHY lawyers decide if lawyers need to be disbarred, why doctors decide if doctors need to lose their license, and politicians judge politicians.

Yeah, of course. That's WHY lawyers decide if lawyers need to be disbarred, why doctors decide if doctors need to lose their license, and politicians judge politicians.

Well, it's like that old joke about the time the Gates of Heaven broke....

It would be up to the Bar Association in New York. While committing a felony would be convenient, most suspensions and final disbarments are caused by some breech of trust between lawyer and client. Most are for misappropriating a client's money. Lying to a Judge will do it too, which is why Rudy has been very cagy when answering direct questions. Rudy is playing the hand he was dealt.

The real evidence of his insanity is he stays in the game.

It would be up to the Bar Association in New York. While committing a felony would be convenient, most suspensions and final disbarments are caused by some breech of trust between lawyer and client. Most are for misappropriating a client's money. Lying to a Judge will do it too, which is why Rudy has been very cagy when answering direct questions. Rudy is playing the hand he was dealt.

The fact that Guliani reached the top of the lawyering mountain in New York gives me to believe that he knows exactly how to lie and dissemble effectively.
As in "not being caught and convicted" of an offense that will get you disbarred. He is smarter than Clinton in that regard.
Tom

The fact that Guliani reached the top of the lawyering mountain in New York gives me to believe that he knows exactly how to lie and dissemble effectively.
As in "not being caught and convicted" of an offense that will get you disbarred. He is smarter than Clinton in that regard.
Tom

The best opera of all would be Giuliani suing Trump for payment of his fees and Trump countersuing for being over billed.

Tom

The best opera of all would be Giuliani suing Trump for payment of his fees and Trump countersuing for being over billed.

And they can both hire Sidney Powell. Release the Krakpot!

Back
Top Bottom