• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Consciousness

So now you're claiming he universe is going to acquire the ability to whimper through some degenerate vacuum mutation?

Is your claim that the current vacuum is a false vacuum, and not the lowest possible energy state?

One form of human resistance to fire, for example, is protective gear. Another form is not lighting a match while standing in a pool of gasoline in an enclosed space. Both are due to some beneficial mutations that allowed behavior pattern mutations to occur in the imagination of the species before being applied to RL.

If vacuum is formed by particles, then surely will decay.
Vacuum is not formed by particles, so "then" does not apply.
Ether, the medium forming space must be decaying same as particles do.
There is no "ether" forming space.

Philosophers tried hard to make us believe that the universe is evolving, going from worst to better.
At one time, about 4.5 billion years ago, 4,500,000,000 years, no life could live on Earth. If we take the perspective that being alive is a good thing, the environment changed and was better than before for us. There is no prediction that change in the future will be better or worse for us.

Reality is that elements of the universe are in continuous decay and stars, planets and we humans are formed with those decaying elements.
Not really, no. The first stars were formed of almost all hydrogen. After these exploded into stardust that dust contained much more complicated elements. More stars exploded and some had spewed out some uranium. The order is from simple to complex.
Why to fake everything will be better?
Dunno. Why _do_ Christians and some Hindu and Buddhists believe in life after death?
I think that we can take the position that we can be happy in a decaying world. Yes, we can enjoy our limited existence trying to be happy, but this is not a sign that everything will change for better because we are happy.

Got it?
Non-sequitor.
Evolution is a dumb theory which is trying hard to compete with religion promising that species not only adapt to their miserable new status but that such changes are actually a sign of a better condition. Lol.

What a crap!

And many people believe that crap.
Your crappy opinion is noted.

Well, if that is what make them happy, yes, they can believe whatever they want, that is the way they have "hope", with such a belief.

Reality, on the other hand, shows to us with the crude news that next big change in humanity will degrade our physical bodies into a worst status. Right now, people are born with more and more birth defects, this evidence shows that evolution is a fake story.

In the past, men and women were healthy and their death by bacterial and viral infections was because viruses and bacteria were stronger as well. The guys who signed the Constitution were of an average of 70 to 90 years of age, same as today, but we reach 80 and 90 years of age with lots of medicines and surgeries to reach such a longevity.

For once, think without the influence of the fake evolution theory and give a look at the world as it is.

Your awareness will return back to you, you will smile knowing how silly was from your part believing in those good for nothing theories: Consciousness at work.
If you are no troll typing in his underwear in his parent's basement, I can't imagine why you believe as you do. Is it some 'holy' book? Believed by faith? If so, interaction in this thread with you makes no sense.

Why do you believe the crap that you do? Enlighten us.

Before I was enlightened I went about my days going to work, playing on the weekends.
After I was enlightened I went about my days going to work, playing on the weekends.

Bloody hell!

Either you are well ahead of the pack or still channeling the fifteenth century. Let me guess...

Also,   Ether is a class of organic compounds that contain an ether group—an oxygen atom connected to two alkyl or aryl groups. They have the general formula R–O–R′, where R and R′ represent the alkyl or aryl groups... humbleman probably meant [WIKI ]Aether[/WIKI]. Just you wait until he explains to you how sunlight could not possibly reach us without that element!

If vacuum is formed by particles, then surely will decay.

If vacuum, the absence of, you know stuff, like particles is formed of particles? The whole point of Vacuum is it is formed of fuck all. Even if it were, it depends on the particles, Protons and Neutrons?

I'm just not going there. Are you sure it's not made of phlogiston and demons?

Philosophers tried hard to make us believe that the universe is evolving, going from worst to better.

Not in the last few centuries. Philosophers just think it changes. I may have pointed that out once or twice...

Reality is that elements of the universe are in continuous decay and stars, planets and we humans are formed with those decaying elements.

Yeah, you have made that claim a few times but then you think vacuum is made of particles and that ether exists and that is about as damning and insult as I can think of.

But literally no one in this thread is saying that - we're all saying different, not better not worse just different. Only you are saying different and that is just as a big fat straw man.

I think that we can take the position that we can be happy in a decaying world. Yes, we can enjoy our limited existence trying to be happy, but this is not a sign that everything will change for better because we are happy.

And again this is the fallacy of the straw man. No one is saying better or worse apart from you and your arguments for decay are silly and ignorant.
Got it?

Evolution is a dumb theory

yeah you keep saying that, but right now you have tried to prove it a dozen times and clearly don't like the results as you are strenuously ignoring them.

which is trying hard to compete with religion

And here we see another little slice of the truth. It's increasingly clear where your motivation comes from. What does the Bible say about people who bear false witness again?

promising that species not only adapt to their miserable new status

No not species, populations. You need to keep these ideas clear in your head.

but that such changes are actually a sign of a better condition. Lol.

How many people have to tell you how many times that no one thinks that evolution makes things 'better' merely a better fit for a particular environment.

Seriously, you are hanging on to the same straw man and I'm getting the mickey taken out of me for wasting time explaining the same stuff to you over agin. Please, just for the sake of not getting bored, try to make new mistakes. Repeating the same ones over and over again gives god botherers a bad reputation.
What a crap!

It's your crap, you are making it up and claiming people believe it even when they keep correcting you. That's just a bit odd.

Well, if that is what make them happy, yes, they can believe whatever they want, that is the way they have "hope", with such a belief.

No one thinks this but you. It's a straw man.

Reality, on the other hand, shows to us with the crude news that next big change in humanity will degrade our physical bodies into a worst status.

Are you predicting the future and calling that reality?

Right now, people are born with more and more birth defects, this evidence shows that evolution is a fake story.

Really? can you show me the quantitative studies that you used to establish this fact or aree you just making shit up. Again.
In the past, men and women were healthy and their death by bacterial and viral infections was because viruses and bacteria were stronger as well.

Was malnutrition and childbirth stronger too?

The guys who signed the Constitution were of an average of 70 to 90 years of age, same as today, but we reach 80 and 90 years of age with lots of medicines and surgeries to reach such a longevity.

Easily demonstrable bullshit:

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/convention/delegates/age/

The youngest was 26 only 6 were over 60 and only one, Ben Franklin was over seventy, he was 81. The average age was 44.

For once, think without the influence of the fake evolution theory and give a look at the world as it is.

Look, you have got your history wrong, yourphysics wrong, you seem incredibly resistant to changing your mind about anything, even what other people believe and as for critical thinking...

Your awareness will return back to you, you will smile knowing how silly was from your part believing in those good for nothing theories: Consciousness at work.

That sounds amazing, will there be angels? FFS.

Bloody hell!

Either you are well ahead of the pack or still channeling the fifteenth century. Let me guess...

Also,   Ether is a class of organic compounds that contain an ether group—an oxygen atom connected to two alkyl or aryl groups. They have the general formula R–O–R′, where R and R′ represent the alkyl or aryl groups... humbleman probably meant [WIKI ]Aether[/WIKI]. Just you wait until he explains to you how sunlight could not possibly reach us without that element!

I was actually allowing for the fact that something not too dissimilar to ether is back in fashion amongst the more avant garde physicists... However I was pretty clear that wasn't what he meant as I don't think he's on CERN's mailing list...

I'm relatively, baddabing, sure that HM knows they are spewing Trump grade truths.

Vacuum is not formed by particles, so "then" does not apply.
There is no "ether" forming space.

At one time, about 4.5 billion years ago, 4,500,000,000 years, no life could live on Earth. If we take the perspective that being alive is a good thing, the environment changed and was better than before for us. There is no prediction that change in the future will be better or worse for us.

Not really, no. The first stars were formed of almost all hydrogen. After these exploded into stardust that dust contained much more complicated elements. More stars exploded and some had spewed out some uranium. The order is from simple to complex.
Dunno. Why _do_ Christians and some Hindu and Buddhists believe in life after death?

Got it?
Non-sequitor.
Evolution is a dumb theory which is trying hard to compete with religion promising that species not only adapt to their miserable new status but that such changes are actually a sign of a better condition. Lol.

What a crap!

Reality, on the other hand, shows to us with the crude news that next big change in humanity will degrade our physical bodies into a worst status. Right now, people are born with more and more birth defects, this evidence shows that evolution is a fake story.

In the past, men and women were healthy and their death by bacterial and viral infections was because viruses and bacteria were stronger as well. The guys who signed the Constitution were of an average of 70 to 90 years of age, same as today, but we reach 80 and 90 years of age with lots of medicines and surgeries to reach such a longevity.

If you are no troll typing in his underwear in his parent's basement, I can't imagine why you believe as you do. Is it some 'holy' book? Believed by faith? If so, interaction in this thread with you makes no sense.

Before I was enlightened I went about my days going to work, playing on the weekends.
After I was enlightened I went about my days going to work, playing on the weekends.

Actually I'm relaxing between my postings.

It happens that my vehicle had a problem with acceleration. I took it to the dealer and check what a code in the instrument cluster means. I don't have code scan device so I just checked it with the dealer. It was a sensor affecting the CVT performance. Also a leak on the axle sealer. Total, after replacement of parts plus replacing CVT fluid, about $840.

Here is how I relax: doing hand work, It is exited.

I bought the sensor and the seal. While I write these messages I go to the vehicle and do some mechanical work. The sensor 50 bucks, the seal ring $12.

The sensor wasn't the easy to be, the ear piece where the bolt is securing it broke out. So I used a drill, installed a screw and pulled it out using the screw head for pulling.

The axle seal is a total experience. I had to but tools for it. First a huge 36mm wrench socket, I watched the YouTube videos and had a very good idea how to do the work.

Removing the wheel first, second the big nut holding the hub was easy. Removing the end tie rod was trouble because was bad and rotating together with the nut, so I found out it needs to be replaced. Separating the hub arm from the lower ball joint was also a big job because was like glued to it. The YouTube vidoe shows just a hit on the side, while I bought the special tool and didn't work. I was responding your messages between repairs and buying parts.

I used a concrete chisel long body to be between the hub ear and the lower ball joint and after hitting several times with the slash hammer the pieces were separated. Some drinks, watching TV, talking trash around, answering one of two messages, and went back to the vehicle.

Removed the axle by pulling it from the CVT transmission with the help of a long screwdriver, and pushing down very hard the lower arm where the ball joint is located. There it was, the leaking axle sealer looking at me, leaking lots of CVT fluid. I used an oil pan to receive the fluid.

It was time to take another break and discuss about the false theory of evolution in these forums.

After one day, I went back to the vehicle. Installed the new axle sealer. The fluid on the pan was about two quarts. Here I found out the ball joint was also easy to move, so I checked in YouTube videos how to diagnose ball joints. The video shows that when they are easy to move is time for replacement. Then I found the inner tie rod also a kind of loose.

Here I was in need to but two new tools, One for removal and installation of the inner tie rod, and another tool for remove and install ball joints.

So, my mechanics tool equipment went fat two days ago. I bought the tools, after all, from 800 bucks, the new tools cost me $40 for inner tie rod, and $35 for the ball joint. Ha ha ha, this set of tools was on sale, from 100 bucks I bought it for 75 bucks. When I went home I noticed it was opened and used. I went back to the store for exchange, but the other ones were bought already because those were on sale. The salesperson gave me and additional discount and I paid at the end $35. The inner tie rod $40, the end tie rod $25, the ball joint $80. Plus dry lock to install the new end tie rod, $5, and two quarts of CVT fluid $22.

A total of about $300.

And, surely the dealer was supposed to charge me extra for replacement of the inner and end tie rods plus the lower ball joint, from which the bill should be around $1300 or more.

With the saved money I bought a new G- shock watch and a lens for my drls camera. Lol.

I don't know what you do between messages here, but relaxing is great. I forget completely what you wrote before and when I come back my mind is fresh to check what new ideas based on ignorance are the responses to my writings.

Notice one thing: No one has answered the final result of bacteria in order of not being affected by a second, third or more treatments with the same class of antibiotics.

So far, the whole "explained mechanism" offered ends with losing of characteristics and mutations deforming the bacteria.

I have showed with links, that chemicals do harm the bodies, no matter is micro-organisms or macro-organisms, the bodies suffered mutations which are passed to new generations as "birth defects".

There is no evidence that horses perform better with a sole digit than with functional digits as before. Even more, if you really know about horses, they can't run fast for long distances, they get tired. Only in movies they can run miles and miles like crazy. And for going in hills they have to make more effort, while a dog can make it more easier. There is no a single evidence proving than being monodactyl is an advantage for the horse, none at all, nada, zero.

Only believers in evolution but such an erroneous propaganda.

Losing digits, teeth, legs, eyes, and other characteristics, physical and functional is never an advantage but a punishment nature causes on species.

To say "mutations made them more resistant" is clearly not shown with macro-organisms, so there is no indication that with micro-organisms will be different.

the million dollar question for you is to answer how those mutations are causing that bacteria is not affected by antibiotics anymore.

So far, the discussion has reached the point where with details the assumed effects of antibiotics on bacteria living inside the human body -an environment completely different than a lab room- cause mutations and losing of characteristics.

the second part of the explanation of the mechanism has not being explained.

I even suggested to use analogies in order to explain this second part of the explanation, and the answers have been evasive to this crucial point, which reveals that there is no "resistance" at all from bacteria to antibiotics, but a new status where bacteria won't be affected after mutations... but why?

Vacuum is not formed by particles, so "then" does not apply.There is no "ether" forming space.

Got it?
Non-sequitor.

What a crap!

It happens that my vehicle had a problem with acceleration. I took it to the dealer and check what a code in the instrument cluster means. I don't have code scan device so I just checked it with the dealer. It was a sensor affecting the CVT performance. Also a leak on the axle sealer. Total, after replacement of parts plus replacing CVT fluid, about $840.

I bought the sensor and the seal. While I write these messages I go to the vehicle and do some mechanical work. The sensor 50 bucks, the seal ring $12.

The sensor wasn't the easy to be, the ear piece where the bolt is securing it broke out. So I used a drill, installed a screw and pulled it out using the screw head for pulling.

The axle seal is a total experience. I had to but tools for it. First a huge 36mm wrench socket, I watched the YouTube videos and had a very good idea how to do the work.

Removing the wheel first, second the big nut holding the hub was easy. Removing the end tie rod was trouble because was bad and rotating together with the nut, so I found out it needs to be replaced. Separating the hub arm from the lower ball joint was also a big job because was like glued to it. The YouTube vidoe shows just a hit on the side, while I bought the special tool and didn't work. I was responding your messages between repairs and buying parts.

I used a concrete chisel long body to be between the hub ear and the lower ball joint and after hitting several times with the slash hammer the pieces were separated. Some drinks, watching TV, talking trash around, answering one of two messages, and went back to the vehicle.

Removed the axle by pulling it from the CVT transmission with the help of a long screwdriver, and pushing down very hard the lower arm where the ball joint is located. There it was, the leaking axle sealer looking at me, leaking lots of CVT fluid. I used an oil pan to receive the fluid.

It was time to take another break and discuss about the false theory of evolution in these forums.

After one day, I went back to the vehicle. Installed the new axle sealer. The fluid on the pan was about two quarts. Here I found out the ball joint was also easy to move, so I checked in YouTube videos how to diagnose ball joints. The video shows that when they are easy to move is time for replacement. Then I found the inner tie rod also a kind of loose.

Here I was in need to but two new tools, One for removal and installation of the inner tie rod, and another tool for remove and install ball joints.

So, my mechanics tool equipment went fat two days ago. I bought the tools, after all, from 800 bucks, the new tools cost me $40 for inner tie rod, and $35 for the ball joint. Ha ha ha, this set of tools was on sale, from 100 bucks I bought it for 75 bucks. When I went home I noticed it was opened and used. I went back to the store for exchange, but the other ones were bought already because those were on sale. The salesperson gave me and additional discount and I paid at the end $35. The inner tie rod $40, the end tie rod $25, the ball joint $80. Plus dry lock to install the new end tie rod, $5, and two quarts of CVT fluid $22.

A total of about $300.

And, surely the dealer was supposed to charge me extra for replacement of the inner and end tie rods plus the lower ball joint, from which the bill should be around $1300 or more.

With the saved money I bought a new G- shock watch and a lens for my drls camera. Lol.

I don't know what you do between messages here, but relaxing is great. I forget completely what you wrote before and when I come back my mind is fresh to check what new ideas based on ignorance are the responses to my writings.

Notice one thing: No one has answered the final result of bacteria in order of not being affected by a second, third or more treatments with the same class of antibiotics.

So far, the whole "explained mechanism" offered ends with losing of characteristics and mutations deforming the bacteria.

I have showed with links, that chemicals do harm the bodies, no matter is micro-organisms or macro-organisms, the bodies suffered mutations which are passed to new generations as "birth defects".

There is no evidence that horses perform better within a sole digit than with functional digits as before. Even more, if you really know about horses, they can't run fast for long distances, they get tired. Only in movies they can run miles and miles like crazy. And for going in hills they have to make more effort, while a dog can make it more easier. There is no a single evidence proving than being monodactyl is an advantage for the horse, none at all, nada, zero.

Losing digits, teeth, legs, eyes, and other characteristics, physical and functional is never an advantage but a punishment nature causes on species.

To say "mutations made them more resistant" is clearly not shown with macro-organisms, so there is no indication that with micro-organisms will be different.

the million dollar question for you is to answer how those mutations are causing that bacteria is not affected by antibiotics anymore.

So far, the discussion has reached the point where with details the assumed effects of antibiotics on bacteria living inside the human body -an environment completely different than a lab room- cause mutations and losing of characteristics.

I even suggested to use analogies in order to explain this second part of the explanation, and the answers have been evasive to this crucial point, which reveals that there is no "resistance" at all from bacteria to antibiotics, but a new status where bacteria won't be affected after mutations... but why?

Wow, you used a hammer and chisel to crack a ball joint and no mention of a torque wrench at any point. I see a Darwin Award in your future. You do realise that the torque on the hub nut is a critical value. Get it wrong and you are looking at the possibility of catastrophic wheel bearing failure or even the sudden loss of a wheel. There’s a reason car mechanics train for three to five years and spend thousands on their tool kits. For your own sake go and get a second opinion on what sounds to me like your vandalisation of a critical system on your car.

Oh, and I explained about a lack of the CCR5 pathway conferring resistance to HIV three times. Then I explained that those without that pathway tended to survive to breed while those with it tended to die if they caught HIV. Breeding tends to pass on this resistance while dying tends to remove the failed variation, leaving only the genes more fit for that environment.

Simple. Again.

Mind you, the price of ignoring this is infinitely lower than ignoring my earlier advice.

Vacuum is not formed by particles, so "then" does not apply.There is no "ether" forming space.

Got it?
Non-sequitor.

What a crap!

A total of about $300.

There is no evidence that horses perform better within a sole digit than with functional digits as before. Even more, if you really know about horses, they can't run fast for long distances, they get tired. Only in movies they can run miles and miles like crazy. And for going in hills they have to make more effort, while a dog can make it more easier. There is no a single evidence proving than being monodactyl is an advantage for the horse, none at all, nada, zero.

Wow, you used a hammer and chisel to crack a ball joint and no mention of a torque wrench at any point. I see a Darwin Award in your future. You do realise that the torque on the hub nut is a critical value. Get it wrong and you are looking at the possibility of catastrophic wheel bearing failure or even the sudden loss of a wheel. There’s a reason car mechanics train for three to five years and spend thousands on their tool kits. For your own sake go and get a second opinion on what sounds to me like your vandalisation of a critical system on your car.

Oh, and I explained about a lack of the CCR5 pathway conferring resistance to HIV three times. Then I explained that those without that pathway tended to survive to breed while those with it tended to die if they caught HIV. Breeding tends to pass on this resistance while dying tends to remove the failed variation, leaving only the genes more fit for that environment.

Simple. Again.

Mind you, the price of ignoring this is infinitely lower than ignoring my earlier advice.

I might take a picture next time I raise up my vehicle to show you the way I used the concrete chisel, It is not to break anything but separating two parts connected with the ball joint.

i have two torque wrench with ftlb measurements, one from 20 to 100, the another from 90 to more than 200.

For the hub nut 240 lbft are needed. Plus, I put a mark to the bent part of the nut which is made in purpose to impede its movement trying to loose itself. By luck, when I adjusted it back, the mark was almost at the same location. I pushed back again the edge of the nut bending that small area.

And for your information, when I finished the job, I was ready to test and take the vehicle to perform the alignment. And guess what.

I counted the turns of the end tie rod, and I was that lucky with the new installation, that no alignment is needed. The vehicle is going straight, no siding to left or right. I tested it in street and highway. I have been very lucky in this job. I confess that I found lots of trouble trying to remove the pieces, but the effort was worthy. On Spring, I will change the passenger side axle seal, and... why not? also replace the inner and end tie rod and lower ball joint. After all, at this time will cost me the parts only, I already have the tools.

Another information for you. As curiosity, I have disassembled a car, the complete car, piece by piece. A 2005 foreign car.

My motto was to see every nut, every wire, every mechanism involved in the car. The only part I didn't open was a sealed transmission. But even the motor was disassembled. I bought tools for that purpose, and took parts the old way without special tools because whatever I was taking out was considered trash. I gave away for free the tires to a repair shop located blocks away from my home, and I used some parts in other vehicles as "upgrading".

I used to install those Chinese 2DIN in dash DVD SD card GPS entertainment devices in my old vehicles, These devices had backup cameras included. I installed the whole circuit and devices. I love this kind of work, it relaxes me a lot. A next project is installing an alarm system. My idea is installing four cameras inside the vehicle facing the opposite windows. A motion sensor installed somewhere. And a receiver which will transmit a signal to my phone when it comes On due to motion.

Lets say, someone breaks the glass, the sensor will activate the receiver, the cameras will start working and I will receive the signal. I have found the receiver on eBay for 300 bucks. I have small cameras the size of a quarter, and I also have the motion sensor, or touch sensor or whatever the name is. It looks like a computer mouse.

Still I'm not sure if I will go with this project, which will depend of how much free time I'll have between my duties.

OK. this is it.

You really ignore why bacteria is not affected by antibiotics after surviving the first attack.

Still repeating "resistance" is not the proper answer.

I gave you a clear example that people with immune system cells without hair cause HIV virus to travel very slow inside the body, practically to travel almost nothing, and by consequence, its spreading throughout the human body is canceled.

I posted a small part of the movie about zombies, and the same. the explanation wasn't "resistance" but covering themselves being weaker by cause of a disease so the zombie won't attack, because those zombies had a special diet of healthy people only as their prey.

As you can see, the case of people not affected by HIV virus is not a case of resistance but a case of not being affected by the virus.

You must understand the difference.

As you can see, the case of people not affected by HIV virus is not a case of resistance but a case of not being affected by the virus.

"not being affected by" is called "resistance."

I worked with the epidemiologists at The Upjohn Company when getting AIDS was a death sentence. In those days very few humans could survive getting it. Very few were naturally resistant. Unaffected by the virus?, no, but not fatally so.

We humans get upset at viruses that kill. The epidemiologists predicted then, amidst all the hysteria, that HIV/AIDS would be a non-issue by 2020. (In case you missed it, it is no longer illegal to knowingly pass on HIV in California.)

What happened? We provided an environment in which the most virulent strains have disappeared. Only the relatively harmless virus have survived to this day. This is a case of human selection for our conscious benefit.

Absent modern medicine people -- over generations -- would consist of only those naturally resistant to -- did not die from (not fatally affected by) the virus. Instead we provided an environment in which only those HIV evolved to be less fatal survived.

I used the word conscious in my prior post.

It is in conscious planning that a human effects his will. Using consciousness our doctors could predict the future very accurately with about a 35 year horizon. Amazing what the evolved consciousness can do.

It evolved because it is an advantage to the individual in the survival game. That is, those which did not have consciousness survived less often than those who did.

Some call Natural Selection the "survival of the fittest." They fail to realize that it is the "survival of the fittest to survive." The latter version is a tautology.

How does nature judge the "fittest to survive"? By killing a greater portion of the rest before they reproduce.

Yeah, that mean old mother nature raises her cycle and decapitates all those who she deems as not fit.

I'd rather a kinder gentler view.

So, most, are not equipped to survive to reproduce. Nothing kills anything. Some just don't make it through successful reproduction to pass on their genetic contribution to the genome. No judgement. No murder. Just failure to finish the course as a matter of being ill equipped or badly placed. Seems to me that a conscious would be useful in both circumstances for one to reproduce.

"not being affected by" is called "resistance."

I worked with the epidemiologists at The Upjohn Company when getting AIDS was a death sentence. In those days very few humans could survive getting it. Very few were naturally resistant. Unaffected by the virus?, no, but not fatally so.

We humans get upset at viruses that kill. The epidemiologists predicted then, amidst all the hysteria, that HIV/AIDS would be a non-issue by 2020. (In case you missed it, it is no longer illegal to knowingly pass on HIV in California.)

What happened? We provided an environment in which the most virulent strains have disappeared. Only the relatively harmless virus have survived to this day. This is a case of human selection for our conscious benefit.

Absent modern medicine people -- over generations -- would consist of only those naturally resistant to -- did not die from (not fatally affected by) the virus. Instead we provided an environment in which only those HIV evolved to be less fatal survived.

Ha.

I must give you some class of the word "resistance" from recent past to today.

If you go just to the 70's, the technical word "resistance" in medicine has the following definitions.

1. A force exerted in opposition to an active force.

2. The opposition in a conductor to the passage of a current of electricity.

3. In psychoanalysis, one's unconscious defense against bringing repressed thoughts to consciousness.

4. Acid or, alcohol Power that have certain bacteria to resist the bleaching action of acids or alcohol

5. Globular. The red cells, which are destroyed in distilled water, are preserved intact in a specific solution of saline concentration; The relationship between this concentration and the dissolution greater or lesser of the cells represents the degree of globular resistance that in some diseases decreases. Peripheral. The one that the capillaries oppose the passage of the blood.

Compare it with today's definition

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/resistance
1. A force exerted in opposition to an active force.

2. The opposition in a conductor to the passage of a current of electricity, whereby there is a loss of energy and a production of heat; specifically, the potential difference in volts across the conductor per ampere of current flow; unit: ohm. Compare: impedance (1).

3. The opposition to flow of a fluid through one or more passageways (for example, blood flow, respiratory gases in the tracheobronchial tree), analogous to (2); units are usually those of pressure difference per unit flow. Compare: impedance (2).

4. In psychoanalysis, one's unconscious defense against bringing repressed thoughts to consciousness.

5. The ability of red blood cells to resist hemolysis and to preserve their shape under varying degrees of osmotic pressure in the blood plasma.

6. The natural or acquired ability of an organism to maintain its immunity to or to oppose the effects of an antagonistic agent, for example, a toxin, drug, or pathogenic microorganism.

7. In endocrinology, a defective target tissue response to a hormone. Synonym(s): hormone

From here.

1970's definition of Immunity.

Set of manifestations that a living organism is able to develop in its effort to acquire a refractory state against the infections...

Today

the quality or state of being immune; especially : a condition of being able to resist a particular disease especially through preventing development of a pathogenic microorganism or by counteracting the effects of its products

The definition implying "immunity won't apply to bacteria or virus but to organisms affected by "infections".

When you use antibiotics on bacteria, you are not causing an infection, because bacteria IS the infection in humans (the bad bacteria). Antibiotics are POISON.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/cellular-microscopic/cell10.htm

An antibiotic is a poison that works to destroy bacterial cells while leaving human cells unharmed. All antibiotics take advantage of the fact that there are many differences between the enzymes inside a human cell and the enzymes inside a bacterium. If a toxin is found, for example, that affects an E. coli ribosome but leaves human ribosomes unharmed, then it may be an effective antibiotic. Streptomycin is an example of an antibiotic that works in this way.

Bacteria can't become immune to poison, because immunity in medicine applies to infections.

"No affected" is being "no susceptible", one of the conditions in the definition of the word "immune", but it is conditioned to infections.

The correct word you might use is antidote.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/antidote

2.something that prevents or counteracts injurious or unwanted effects:

3.to counteract with an antidote:
Medication was given to antidote the poison the child had swallowed.

In the case of people who is not affected by the HIV virus, you can use the word "immune" to the virus, because is not susceptible to the infection.

But, you can't say bacteria has become immune to antibiotics because antibiotics is not an infection.

Of course, vulgarity has been included even in the medical daily language, but when definitions are set properly, we can detect how many dudes have degraded themselves using improperly the medical language in order to support a fake theory, which is evolution.

Bacteria is not presenting any resistance against antibiotics, to think that way is idiocy.

Bacteria is no affected by antibiotics by the effects of the first bad treatment which deformed their bodies.

Here is where you also ignore how the deformed body of the targeted bacteria is not affected by the effects of a second or more treatments with antibiotics.

This has been the main question that no evolutionist has been capable to answer with honesty, because it proves that there is not a single step of evolution in this case between bacteria and antibiotics.

The answer is always DEGENERATION.

Here is where you also ignore how the deformed body of the targeted bacteria is not affected by the effects of a second or more treatments with antibiotics.

What does this mean?

A bacteria can have a random mutation and develop a mechanism of resistance to a specific antibiotic or class of antibiotics. It is a very rare event but since there are so many bacteria it is something that happens.

That bacteria is now resistant to one kind of antibiotic, not all kinds.

But that bacteria can still be killed by the immune system of most healthy people, in a small enough concentration, even if it is resistant to an antibiotic. Most of us are exposed to MRSA but most healthy people do not develop an MRSA infection.

But none of this could be called "degeneration".

It is biological change when exposed to new environments, in other words natural selection.

This thread is fairly mature, and it has drifted around a lot. I have continued something of the same theme in a different thread to discuss a specific "theory of mind" approach that I take to the nature of consciousness: Understanding Consciousness: Awareness vs. Attention. I realize that it is basically continuing on the same topic, but there are already quite a few threads on this topic. I wanted to try to have a more focused discussion and perhaps lose some of the "evolution" derail that has bent this thread in a different direction.

Back
Top Bottom