• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Consulting a shaman.

Any chance to talk about drugs is appreciated Alex.

Does anybody know about ancient Shamans? I know mostly about modern times. I do know they're totally different ways and I know some ways aren't yet identified.

The internet definition of Shaman is "a person regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of good and evil spirits". That sounds like 90% of the people I know. Is the line blurring or is Shaman just what becomes naturally? What, with all of the mind opening shit crammed into the internet with an ocean of emotions pulsating around it and almost obligatory use making it an unavoidable reality. You'd think that a type of otherworldly Shamanic traveling is something people develop just to exist in such a space as the internet, which does not actually exist in the physical world. It files under any other type, depending to how it is used. Would you think that? I meet people I would never know otherwise and they tell me things from places I can't go to. What they tell me, I'd never, ever imagine in my own life. Things that wouldn't even exist, if not for the internet. You can say the accessing internet is a form of Shamanic travel and maybe even an enduring Shamanic trance that lasts as long as you can look at a device. Like every time a device buzzes or beeps at you, you enter a trance in which you have access to, and influence in the world of good and evil spirits, ones and zeros, cat videos and awareness studying the awareness of awareness in so many ways that seem impossible to explain without just ruining the point entirely, so just freeze that thought.

The internet is a form of Shamanic travel. Pasting that in the internet probably creates mountains of bullshit that I don't have the will to expose myself to. From my own observations I can say that, and not really wish to argue it. That is just an idea I have, and I don't know where it belongs or what it sounds like to other people. There are too many people with their own shit to sell and they want to say this is the way instead of this is what I see. You understand that right?. That is so fucking irritating to me and it is why sometimes I don't want to look at a social media account or a video. It works on more than one level, the people you meet and the advertising you're exposed to from either. Near the surface there is of course the flashing yellow and red warning that I iz gonna to die if I don't purchase an energy drink and some clothes. Levels of varying intensities are there obviously. On the mental psychic level there is the Shamanic travel idea. It is too much to look into by myself and like I said there no doubt some pure bullshit written about it. What do you think?

On the mental psychic level there is the Shamanic travel idea. It is too much to look into by myself and like I said there no doubt some pure bullshit written about it. What do you think?

Hi a1,

I've been thinking carefully about your posts. IMHO a genuine psychic experience is what it is, genuine. If there can be a pathway between this dimension and another is a very big ask, but that is what this thread is about.

The popular use of drugs as a recreation seems to mess up the ancient idea of drugs as a conduit to the ancestors. If they are not that, then the whole psychic thing is off. But what do we know?

Alex.

i am in fact a shaman. ghetto shaman, but that's just where i'm from. i spent many years seeking out the spirit world and learning its ways. if you are seriously interested in an entheogenic/shamanic experience, please message me. i can recommend several avenues that would be far more gentle than those you are speaking of, and take into account your personal needs. and no, i get nothing from this, unless you count grief and persecution.

Back
Top Bottom