• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Controversial upcoming game: Brutal Bible Bloodbaths

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
In 2020 I made a top-down view prototype in Scratch for the university subject "Playcentric Game Design". Now I'm working on a game in Unity that has graphics a bit like Minecraft. Note that in the Koorong Christian bookstore there are 6 books about portraying the Bible in Minecraft:

minecraft-bible-books.JPG

It is based on Deuteronomy 20:16-20 which says to kill everything that breathes in the cities of the promised land but don't hurt the fruit trees:

It has a temple that has child sacrifice and temple prostitutes (which I call "sexual worship assistants"). They were originally nude but I thought that would cause issues.

Here is a female sexual worship assistant in a bikini - note that she has rounded boobs - the curves throughout the game give this an original art style (though it might be a bit ugly)

in-bikini.JPG

In the game you can chop up most things and the blood sprays everywhere. You can worship the foreign idol and then the soldiers seek you out to kill you. You can kill everything that breathes yourself or ask the soldiers to help you. There is a spinning box that gives you tasks e.g. "chop 2 living chickens' legs". If you complete them it says "congratulations you are pretty good at doing what you're told". If you chop down a fruit tree the soldiers tell you off.

Showing some game play:

This shows the level where you can "tidy up" after cleansing - there is a pit to throw the bodies and body parts into. This video shows the normal maps being turned on and off. I'm not sure which option is better. What do people think?

I showed my Christian brother in law the game but he didn't like it because it didn't "glorify God". In 2020 the "player experience goal" was to shock the player. Now it is to make the player feel conflicted. In 2020 I had to make a "serious game" which means that it "is a game designed for a primary purpose other than pure entertainment".
But now I'm trying to make it more fun and entertaining. I was wondering what people thought. I am planning on releasing it on Steam Early Access for US$1.

I wonder if this is the first game closely based on a Bible passage that doesn't portray the God of the Bible in a good light.

1 Samuel. Kill all the Amelekites. And even their livestock. God tempts David to number the Israelites. and punishes innocent Israelites due to David's following God's commands.

1 Samuel. Kill all the Amelekites. And even their livestock. God tempts David to number the Israelites. and punishes innocent Israelites due to David's following God's commands.
BTW the passage the game is about (Deuteronomy 20:16-20) also has genocide - involving 6 ethnicities:

"Wipe out the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites"

It says to kill everything that breathes which would include the livestock too....

I wish I was making this up, but if you go on Amazon and search for 'passover plague finger puppets', you will get a full page of possible kits for your (home-schooled zombie) children. Click on the one that sells for $11.99; I found the artwork most compelling here. Your kids will get dopey little felt finger covers that show the ten plagues. The locust puppet is sort of cute. The blood in the river is a big drop of blood. For some reason, the one labeled lice shows a deer tick. And yes, there's a puppet for the killing of the firstborn, just so you raise a healthy kid with a respect for his fellow humans. On the positive side (I may be desperate here, though), it would take a dull-witted child in these times to have more a minute of fun with felt finger covers. But, if your child goes to town with these, and lingers over the blood and the firstborn, it's time to lock your bedroom door at night.
Manufacturer's suggested age range: 36 months to 12 years. Let's raise some righteous children!!

I wish I was making this up, but if you go on Amazon and search for 'passover plague finger puppets',
It looks like there are about 10-15 different sets. There must be pretty high demand for them. I guess the moral of the story is that the Pharoah deserved it.

It is based on Deuteronomy 20:16-20 which says to kill everything that breathes in the cities of the promised land but don't hurt the fruit trees:
But a fruit tree does breathe, according to some definitions of "breathe", it transpires.
So when it says "kill everything that breathes" does that mean God's people thought it meant to kill all of the trees too? Anyway it clearly says not to chop down the fruit trees so it's saying not to harm them even if they do breathe....
I like verse 19:
You can eat their fruit. So don’t cut them down. Are the trees people? So why should you attack them?
So it would be more justified if trees were people.

Well I met up with a guy who has worked in the games industry today. He said that I should use the normal maps partly because it makes the game look more unique like this:

woman-with-normal-map.JPG

He said to focus a lot more on the 2 boys and their role in the game and humour. This led me to create this:

I've expanded on their conversation during the Deuteronomy 20:16-20 quote:
Kevin:
So, in this game God said we have to kill everything that breathes in those cities?

Justin:
Yes

Kevin:
Even babies?

Justin:
Yeah

Kevin
Cool.

Kevin:
Is it bad for me to love that command?

Justin:
No, you're just being enthusiastic about God's perfect plan