• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Why would letting someone else wear a mask mean TSwizzle wasn't 'sticking to his principles'?
Do a search, and count the amount of time TSwizzle has said masks are ineffective.
That does not answer my question.

Saying "I refuse to wear a mask because they are ineffective" does not conflict with allowing other people to wear or not wear masks as they please.

Indeed, if TSwizzle did as you asked, it would be hypocrisy. It would be an authoritarian demand to impose his preferences on others.

Why would letting someone else wear a mask mean TSwizzle wasn't 'sticking to his principles'?
Do a search, and count the amount of time TSwizzle has said masks are ineffective.

Saying "I refuse to wear a mask because they are ineffective" does not conflict with allowing other people to wear or not wear masks as they please.

Indeed, if TSwizzle did as you asked, it would be hypocrisy. It would be an authoritarian demand to impose his preferences on others.
You’re missing the point: I would expect TSwizzle or any person who is even moderately competent to be quite upset if their dentist and/or dental hygienist started to perform work on them without wearing a mask. It would be unsafe for both patient and health care workers. It is unlikely that TSwizzle would suggest much less insist or even accept that dental procedures be performed under such conditions.

You’re missing the point: I would expect TSwizzle or any person who is even moderately competent to be quite upset if their dentist and/or dental hygienist started to perform work on them without wearing a mask. It would be unsafe for both patient and health care workers. It is unlikely that TSwizzle would suggest much less insist or even accept that dental procedures be performed under such conditions.
No. You are missing the point. Patooka made an inference that did not follow from TSwizzle's stated comments. He was using bad reasoning solely in order to attack TSwizzle.

Patooka made an inference that did not follow from TSwizzle's stated comments.
Patooka did make an inference that exactly follows the numerous times TSwizzle has said masks are ineffective. And TSwizzle has said that a lot. Do your own research.

Patooka did make an inference that exactly follows the numerous times TSwizzle has said masks are ineffective. And TSwizzle has said that a lot. Do your own research.
So what if he said they were ineffective? So what? TSwizzle said he didn't want authoritarians to force him to wear a mask. It does not follow that he wants to or should prevent others from wearing masks.

I don't want the government to force people to exercise. That doesn't mean I object to people exercising of their own free will.

So what if he said they were ineffective? So what? TSwizzle said he didn't want authoritarians to force him to wear a mask. It does not follow that he wants to or should prevent others from wearing masks.

I don't want the government to force people to exercise. That doesn't mean I object to people exercising of their own free will.
So, you're arguing that TSwizzle thinks of himself as a special case? I am certain that he expects medical personnel to wear masks as required by laws governing medical procedures. I am certain that he expects masks to be worn (by dentist and assistants) when he is having a dental procedure or even a dental exam. I am certain he expects masks to be work by everyone in the surgical area should he have surgery.

TSwizzle obviously thinks he should not be forced to wear a mask. I doubt he believes that others should not be so required if it protects him.

So, you're arguing that TSwizzle thinks of himself as a special case?
No.

I am certain that he expects medical personnel to wear masks as required by laws governing medical procedures. I am certain that he expects masks to be worn (by dentist and assistants) when he is having a dental procedure or even a dental exam. I am certain he expects masks to be work by everyone in the surgical area should he have surgery.

TSwizzle obviously thinks he should not be forced to wear a mask. I doubt he believes that others should not be so required if it protects him.
I don't know what he thinks, but even if he does think his dentist or surgeon should be forced to wear a mask, that would still not necessarily be a hypocrisy. After all, dentists and doctors wear masks in particular contexts, not as a general rule of being alive in public.

Nor does it follow, as Patooka implied, that his principles would require him to demand other people do not wear masks.

Mask mandates don't work;

New data shows Covid cases in Singapore and New Zealand have overtaken Australia in the latest Omicron wave despite ultra-strict mask mandates. Masks are worn everywhere in the densely-populated Asian city while New Zealanders are forced to wear them in all indoor public places, such as shopping centres and libraries. But both now have higher case numbers per million than Australia, where compulsory mask rules have been abandoned in most indoor settings. These figures appear to smash the push now on in Australia for a return to mask mandates, which are currently compulsory only on public transport and in aged care and healthcare centres.

Daily Mail

Forgot say, I was getting gas at Costco yesterday ($5.40 a gallon, thanks Brandon!!) and a guy pulled up to the pump, put a mask on, got out his car, got gas, got in his car and took his mask off. He actually put a mask on outdoors!! I'm like "where the cameras at? This fool can't be serious."

I am certain that he expects medical personnel to wear masks as required by laws governing medical procedures. I am certain that he expects masks to be worn (by dentist and assistants) when he is having a dental procedure or even a dental exam. I am certain he expects masks to be work by everyone in the surgical area should he have surgery.

You know what pisses me off? That the doctor washes their hands and wears latex gloves before treating me. I particularly object to the latex glove when getting my prostate exam. But what am I gonna do? Thems the rules. :shrug:

New data shows Covid cases in Singapore and New Zealand have overtaken Australia in the latest Omicron wave despite ultra-strict mask mandates. Masks are worn everywhere in the densely-populated Asian city while New Zealanders are forced to wear them in all indoor public places, such as shopping centres and libraries. But both now have higher case numbers per million than Australia, where compulsory mask rules have been abandoned in most indoor settings. These figures appear to smash the push now on in Australia for a return to mask mandates, which are currently compulsory only on public transport and in aged care and healthcare centres.

Daily Mail

Forgot say, I was getting gas at Costco yesterday ($5.40 a gallon, thanks Brandon!!) and a guy pulled up to the pump, put a mask on, got out his car, got gas, got in his car and took his mask off. He actually put a mask on outdoors!! I'm like "where the cameras at? This fool can't be serious."
Blame your local station. Gas is just over $4/gal now, and I haven't looked at the prices today. They've dropped a few times over the last week where I live.

So, you're arguing that TSwizzle thinks of himself as a special case?
No.

I don't know what he thinks, but even if he does think his dentist or surgeon should be forced to wear a mask, that would still not necessarily be a hypocrisy. After all, dentists and doctors wear masks in particular contexts, not as a general rule of being alive in public

Nor does it follow, as Patooka implied, that his principles would require him to demand other people do not wear masks.
You mean particular context such as a pandemic/public health emergency????

I'm extremely comfortable with you being the only person not understanding my point.

Here in Texas, guvner Abbott got laws passed to prevent, schools, businesses, government agencies to require wearing masks or getting covid vaccines. Because "Freedumb!". Abbott wants all of the mnay Texas plague rats to be free to infect all ofeverybody else. With utter morons like Abbott and the Texas GOP running things in Texas, Texas is getting prepared for the fall Covid 19 season to come.

I just got my fourth booster vax and a new box of masks and gloves. Die shitting, anti-vaxxers!

Here in Texas, guvner Abbott got laws passed to prevent, schools, businesses, government agencies to require wearing masks or getting covid vaccines. Because "Freedumb!". Abbott wants all of the mnay Texas plague rats to be free to infect all ofeverybody else. With utter morons like Abbott and the Texas GOP running things in Texas, Texas is getting prepared for the fall Covid 19 season to come.

I just got my fourth booster vax and a new box of masks and gloves. Die shitting, anti-vaxxers!
The white horse seems to be riding.

Lol, got it wrong a couple times but...

Whoo hoo! Keep killing your own voters.

More anti science bullshit;

Novak Djokovic's hopes of playing in the US Open suffered another blow after the tournament said it would respect the United States government's rules on the Covid-19 vaccine. The US require non-citizens to be fully vaccinated against coronavirus to enter, meaning Djokovic, who has made it repeatedly clear that he will not take the vaccine, will not be allowed entry.

Daily Mail

Thousands crossing the border illegally, no problem. Let's Go Brandon!!

Two officials at one of the largest hospital systems in Los Angeles and Southern California dismissed government officials’ statements about another wave of COVID-19 hitting the region and the United States as ‘media hype,’ The Epoch Times reported Sunday. This flies in the face of Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer’s announcement on Thursday that Los Angeles County has officially reached the “High” level of new COVID-19 cases and County hospitalization rates, giving the County two weeks to fall back below or else mandatory indoor masking mandates return, as the Globe reported. Ferrer has been teasing with the “high” level of COVID-19 transmission” indoor mask mandates will likely come back. “In a news conference on July 13, Brad Spellberg, the chief medical officer of Los Angeles County and University of Southern California Medical Center, and epidemiologist Paul Holtom, said that there have been no changes in the transmission levels of COVID-19.” Dr. Spellberg said they are seeing thousands of people with Covid, “but it is mild, and they go home,” he said. He said of the patients who are admitted to the hospital, “90% of the time it is not due to Covid. Only 10% of our Covid-positive admissions are due to Covid. None of them go to the ICU, and when they do, it is not for pneumonia,” he added. “They are not intibated. We have not seen one of those since February. As of this morning, we have no one in the hospital who had pulmonary disease due to COVID. Nobody in the hospital … Nobody. Nobody who had COVID-19 disease as we would see it in the past. So I guess it is hard to get a little more excited,” he said.

CA Globe

“Doctor” Ferrer is a control freak, nut and not even a medical doctor. Her thing is about “equity”.

The authoritarians will not get me wearing a mask.
So the ones that die all do so suddenly, never deteriorating to ICU first??

Daily Mail

Mask mandates don't work because they don't mandate and enforce N95 or better masking. Anything less is a joke against Omicron.

And I very well might put on a mask in that situation--I'm going to be spending some minutes with others close nearby in a somewhat confined airspace and with no guarantee somebody isn't going to walk quite close to me. (Someone going inside to pay from a pump farther out.)

Back
Top Bottom