• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

I see; I was thinking about an online consult. I hope you get better soon.
feeling better today, temperature is 37.1C Before that it was as high as 38.8C
As for the coughing I remember reading that even though adenovirus vector is supposed to be non replicating, It is not 100%.
So it's possible to get common cold from the vaccine.

I see; I was thinking about an online consult. I hope you get better soon.
feeling better today, temperature is 37.1C Before that it was as high as 38.8C
As for the coughing I remember reading that even though adenovirus vector is supposed to be non replicating, It is not 100%.
So it's possible to get common cold from the vaccine.
38.8, yikes, it's good to see you're much better now.
With regard to the adenovirus, yeah I heard that too, it would explain it. However, coughing as a side-effect has not been reported in the local studies I've found, and Sputnik was given to millions of people here, so if it was that, it's very rare.
Btw, is the booster with the first or second component?

Btw, is the booster with the first or second component?
It's a first component (Ad26 based). I had strong reaction the first time I had it in February. It was probably worse but it lasted only one night. This time it takes much longer. I figured out I would have no reaction at all since I had immunity from the first shot.
It's weird, older folks have no reaction whatsoever. And younger have very minor reaction. Don't know if it's a good thing or bad to have strong reaction both times.
measured temperature - 38.4C, damn.
looks like it's low in the morning and then increases toward night.

Last edited:
I am gonna wait 72 hours. coughing feeling seems to be slowly dissolving and in in general it feels exactly like common cold (except high temperature)
To get to doctor I would have to go to the Covid ward. General hospital where I got the shot is pretty much deserted.
The temperature is worrying. Hope you just have a little bacterial infection--or that if it's side effects, it goes away quickly.

A bit over a week ago my son was sent home from school with a fever of 99.6, sniffles and a lot of fatigue. He got tested and negative. Two days later he was fine. We have no idea what it was but colds/flu don't go away that fast.
That same sort of thing seems to be going around here too, including sore throat. Both my wife and I have it and one of her friends. Wife tested negative so I assume I'm negative too since I haven't gone anywhere or seen anyone but her.

barbos said:
It's a first component (Ad26 based). I had strong reaction the first time I had it in February. It was probably worse but it lasted only one night. This time it takes much longer. I figured out I would have no reaction at all since I had immunity from the first shot.
It's weird, older folks have no reaction whatsoever. And younger have very minor reaction. Don't know if it's a good thing or bad to have strong reaction both times.
That was my experience with AZ (well, or with getting the flu pre-covid) as well. In my case, sleeping for one or two hours usually makes it go down again.

barbos said:

Looks like all my symptoms (including throat) listed as side effects.
[/barbos]

Yeah, sore throat is not listed over here, but it's there. The only one out is coughing (unless Google translate missed it), but there might be infrequent symptoms that aren't listed. At any rate, I hope you get better soon.

Thanks for the list, btw. I'll take that into account in case I get Sputnik when I get a booster, though that's a few months away since it's been less than 2 months since my second AZ dose.

barbos said:
That was my experience with AZ (well, or with getting the flu pre-covid) as well. In my case, sleeping for one or two hours usually makes it go down again.

barbos said:
https://29.ru/text/health/2021/07/27/70045691

Looks like all my symptoms (including throat) listed as side effects.

Yeah, sore throat is not listed over here, but it's there. The only one out is coughing (unless Google translate missed it), but there might be infrequent symptoms that aren't listed. At any rate, I hope you get better soon.

Thanks for the list, btw. I'll take that into account in case I get Sputnik when I get a booster, though that's a few months away since it's been less than 2 months since my second AZ dose.

The FDA is probing whether the Moderna vaccine can cause a rare side effect in teens : Coronavirus Updates : NPR
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration will need more time to decide whether to approve Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine for use in children ages 12 to 17, the company announced Sunday.

The extended timeline is so the FDA can look into reports of a rare side effect — myocarditis, or the inflammation of the heart muscle — in those who've gotten the shot. Moderna said the FDA informed the company of the delay on Friday.

"The safety of vaccine recipients is of paramount importance to Moderna. The Company is fully committed to working closely with the FDA to support their review and is grateful to the FDA for their diligence," Moderna said in a statement.
Noting
Moderna Provides Update on Timing of U.S. Emergency Use Authorization of its COVID-19 Vaccine for Adolescents | Moderna, Inc.

A sight for sore eyes :D even if it is not very good news.

‘I hope you die’: how the COVID pandemic unleashed attacks on scientists Dozens of researchers tell Nature they have received death threats, or threats of physical or sexual violence.

Kuppalli’s experience during the pandemic is not uncommon. A survey by Nature of more than 300 scientists who have given media interviews about COVID-19 — many of whom had also commented about the pandemic on social media — has found wide experience of harassment or abuse; 15% said they had received death threats (see ‘Negative impacts’).

‘I hope you die’: how the COVID pandemic unleashed attacks on scientists Dozens of researchers tell Nature they have received death threats, or threats of physical or sexual violence.

Kuppalli’s experience during the pandemic is not uncommon. A survey by Nature of more than 300 scientists who have given media interviews about COVID-19 — many of whom had also commented about the pandemic on social media — has found wide experience of harassment or abuse; 15% said they had received death threats (see ‘Negative impacts’).
I got a death threat from youtube comments when I noted that if governments can force their citizens to pay taxes and draft them to take bullets then governments clearly have the authority to force you take a vaccine.

My wife just told me one of the shareholders for the company she works for has covid and is on a ventilator. He's a dentist. My first thought was how many of his patients did his unvaccinated ass infect.

My wife just told me one of the shareholders for the company she works for has covid and is on a ventilator. He's a dentist. My first thought was how many of his patients did his unvaccinated ass infect.
Oh man. And an even better question - why wouldn't patients ask if their health care provider was vaccinated? I sure do.

Ruth

There is no way that I'd go to a dentist, doctor, barber, etc.. without learning their vax status. Not vaxed or refuse to answer I find a different one.

And in Chicago:

“Police said as of Monday, 35 officers are now on no-pay status; 73% of the department has complied with the reporting mandate and 80% of those are vaccinated.”

I'm wondering if all COVID19 threads should be moved to the Science vs. Religion forum?

This guy on Forbidden Knowledge: https://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/woo-up/

He knows the vaccine is deadly because the goal is to kill off everyone and tear down cities and restore America to the buffalo roaming prairie as an Elite's vacation spot. and remake the world and some other bullshit.
Everyone vaccinated is going to die, today o rtomorrow or some time.

But when he gets to the mandates:
If they’re threatening your job – f* it – let them fire you. Don’t quit. Let ’em fire you. You let them force you off that property. Make them have that emotional angst. Make them go through that sh*t, so at least, you’re burning out emotions in them. You don’t have to get angry, you just have to be stubborn…let them do what they have to do – but this is a war and there is no external savior for your ass.

Angst? What angst? Someone standing in my workspace telling me that Earth is a concentration camp, and the shot i got in (checks card) February is almost certainly going to kill me two weeks later? I don't feel unfocused anxiety about their quitting, or forcing us to fire them.
If i help box their things and carry them to their car, it's not an act of guilt that i was helpless to stop the process. I want to speed and streamline the exit.
I am not anxious about how will we ever manage to do the job without them. S'alright, we'll manage.
I have suffered burnout a few times, but if any emotions are being 'burned out' in the martyr's defiant act of self-harm, it's wunderschadenfreude.

There is no way that I'd go to a dentist, doctor, barber, etc.. without learning their vax status. Not vaxed or refuse to answer I find a different one.

It's unlikely you'll be in a position to speak to the person to ask.

It's unlikely you'll be in a position to speak to the person to ask.

Why not? I don't have a problem walking out on an appointment in such situations.

Back
Top Bottom