• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

There is no way that I'd go to a dentist, doctor, barber, etc.. without learning their vax status. Not vaxed or refuse to answer I find a different one.

It's unlikely you'll be in a position to speak to the person to ask.

Why not? I don't have a problem walking out on an appointment in such situations.
You're rather privileged if you could do so. Not everyone is.
Tom
Privileged or willing to stand up for one’s’ self? I would probably decline to book with any provider of any service, medical or otherwise, if the provider and/or support staff were not vaccinated. I get that is much harder to do if there is only one dental practice or whatever in your town, and that would make it much harder to do. But privilege? I’d say that someone who is willing to stand up for themselves has a backbone and may be willing to endure some inconvenience. I don’t see that as privilege. Privilege isn’t someone willing to do something that you are not willing to.

You're rather privileged if could do so. Not everyone is.
Tom
I don't understand why anyone can't get a different dentist or PCP or barber. Privileged? I don't understand.
Barber, sure.
But lots of people have health care providers chosen by someone else, like their insurance company.
Tom

Tom
I don't understand why anyone can't get a different dentist or PCP or barber. Privileged? I don't understand.
Barber, sure.
But lots of people have health care providers chosen by someone else, like their insurance company.
Tom
Really? I have to choose in network but there are lots of them. Is this an urban/rural thing? Anyway, this is off topic from covid. I should probably stop.

Tom
Barber, sure.
Tom
Really? I have to choose in network but there are lots of them. Is this an urban/rural thing? Anyway, this is off topic from covid. I should probably stop.
Okay.
It's probably a rural thing. Around here there aren't many choices.
Tom

Privileged or willing to stand up for one’s’ self? I would probably decline to book with any provider of any service, medical or otherwise, if the provider and/or support staff were not vaccinated. I get that is much harder to do if there is only one dental practice or whatever in your town, and that would make it much harder to do. But privilege? I’d say that someone who is willing to stand up for themselves has a backbone and may be willing to endure some inconvenience. I don’t see that as privilege. Privilege isn’t someone willing to do something that you are not willing to.

We have a few leaky shut off valves in our plumbing with cups to catch the slow drips. No immediate emergency but I'm sure I'll be looking for a plumber in the next few months. As I call around I'll be making sure to book a vaccinated plumber. It's just about insisting on appropriate service as far as I'm concerned.

Tom
Barber, sure.
Tom
That is true—and a wrinkle I had not thought of. Admittedly my family has always been willing to endure some inconvenience and some extra cost (even when money was pretty tight) to go to providers we trusted—basically because of the experience of having family members who stuck with inadequate health care providers—even though they did have other choices. As it is, we drive 30 miles and pay a bigger portion of our health care to be seen at a provider we trust rather than the one more local that we have had bad experiences with. Not everyone is willing to do that—a neighbor with the same health care options as we have had stuck by the local provider who has in fact made some dangerously poor decisions. At one point—the defining moment that convinced my husband to switch, we were given bad treatment options by a provider who insisted that no one could address a specialty issue better than who he recommended—something that was easily disproved. And so my husband is still alive. I did not like his chances under the other guy’s care. And yeah, I would have traded everything we own and earn for that better care. Not everyone would and I honestly don’t understand.

Almost 2 years of doing everything right could not stand to stupidity of a relative with .... medical background.
She infected at least one other person besides me, and that person has shitload of underlying conditions and was not vaccinated.
two others she had contact with while here are OK for now.

I myself lost some sense of smell. Don't smell alcohol at all, very little vinegar. Though some other chemicals smell fine albeit somewhat reduced. Taste is still 100%. Body temperature has been more less normal for the last couple of days, right now 36.8C
Blood pressure is low 100/70. and heart rate is high 80-90, but I usually get high BP under stress.
Oxygen is 93-95, but I had 95 average before this crap.
Very minor coughing. I mean I have to remind myself to test-cough it to check it is still there.
No headache and muscle pain is gone with temperature.
Problem are cold sweat/hot flashes during night. During day I feel fine now. I don't know if that's an indication that I am getting better or just a period before shit hitting the fan.

Last edited:
Almost 2 years of doing everything right could not stand to stupidity of a relative with .... medical background.
She infected at least one other person besides me, and that person has shitload of underlying conditions and was not vaccinated.
two others she had contact with while here are OK for now.

I myself lost some sense of smell. Don't smell alcohol at all, very little vinegar. Though some other chemicals smell fine albeit somewhat reduced. Taste is still 100%. Body temperature has been more less normal for the last couple of days, right now 36.8C
Blood pressure is low 100/70. and heart rate is high 80-90, but I usually get high BP under stress.
Oxygen is 93-95, but I had 95 average before this crap.
Very minor coughing. I mean I have to remind myself to test-cough it to check it is still there.
No headache and muscle pain is gone with temperature.
Problem are cold sweat/hot flashes during night. During day I feel fine now. I don't know if that's an indication that I am getting better or just a period before shit hitting the fan.
We just love those smart watches don't we.

During day I feel fine now. I don't know if that's an indication that I am getting better or just a period before shit hitting the fan.
OK, googling says shit hits the fan between day 5 and day 10. I am day 6 now.
Have you had a positive test or just going by the symptoms?
Sucks if you have it.

Have you had a positive test or just going by the symptoms?
No, that would be waste of test because it's obviously covid (loss of smell)
The other person I was talking about was tested positive and is in hospital now.
All I can do now is count days and hope my vaccination prevents serious complications and that person at least does not die.
All because someone decided that it would be a great idea to travel 500 km by fucking train while having symptoms and during record high infection rates.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if all COVID19 threads should be moved to the Science vs. Religion forum?

This guy on Forbidden Knowledge: https://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/woo-up/

He knows the vaccine is deadly because the goal is to kill off everyone and tear down cities and restore America to the buffalo roaming prairie as an Elite's vacation spot. and remake the world and some other bullshit.
Everyone vaccinated is going to die, today o rtomorrow or some time.

But when he gets to the mandates:
If they’re threatening your job – f* it – let them fire you. Don’t quit. Let ’em fire you. You let them force you off that property. Make them have that emotional angst. Make them go through that sh*t, so at least, you’re burning out emotions in them. You don’t have to get angry, you just have to be stubborn…let them do what they have to do – but this is a war and there is no external savior for your ass.

Angst? What angst? Someone standing in my workspace telling me that Earth is a concentration camp, and the shot i got in (checks card) February is almost certainly going to kill me two weeks later? I don't feel unfocused anxiety about their quitting, or forcing us to fire them.
If i help box their things and carry them to their car, it's not an act of guilt that i was helpless to stop the process. I want to speed and streamline the exit.
I am not anxious about how will we ever manage to do the job without them. S'alright, we'll manage.
I have suffered burnout a few times, but if any emotions are being 'burned out' in the martyr's defiant act of self-harm, it's wunderschadenfreude.

at my company, if you're fired rather than quitting, you lose your pension and your 401k match. i assume it's like that at many companies which further confuses me as to why this is the hill these idiots are willing to die on. at least we're not losing our best and brightest.

there have been protesters outside the gates here at Hill AFB to rally against the mandates.

Well, looks like I got covid :(
And I know who I got it from.
Does this explain the fever and cough after your booster?

One of my girlfriends lovers just tested positive for Covid. Now she needs to isolate until the test results come. That's a problem because of how we live. Oops. Sometimes a modern lifestyle has it's limitations.

Wish us luck.

Back
Top Bottom