• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Families could be denied death benefits if their unvaccinated loved one dies

These days, workers who refuse to get vaccinated against covid-19 may face financial repercussions, from higher health insurance premiums to loss of their jobs. Now, the financial fallout might follow workers beyond the grave. If they die of covid and weren't vaccinated, their families may not get death benefits they would otherwise have received.
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority no longer pays a $500,000 death benefit to the families of subway, bus and commuter rail workers who die of covid if the workers were unvaccinated at the time of death.

That's a problem because of how we live.
Yes, the way you live is not covid-sustainable. But I wish you luck.
It turns out that my girlfriend dodged the bullet. She didn't get infected, in spite of having sex with somebody with confirmed Covid. Sometimes we're just lucky in life.
Wait, how can that possibly be? You are telling us that the most lethal virus known to man, a virus so dangerous that dining indoors was banned (except if you were Gavin Newsom of course), a virus so transmissible that even dining outdoors had to be banned, a virus so deadly that kids were banned from trick or treating, did not get transmitted during a sexual encounter of goodness knows how long?! Sounds bogus dude, I think you need to check your sources.

MOH study does not recommend ivermectin as Covid-19 treatment

Ivermectin usage does not have significant effect on Covid-19 patients treated together with standard of care (SOC), compared with those treated with the latter alone, a study by Institute for Clinical Research Malaysia (ICR) revealed.

Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the open-label randomised trial done on 500 Covid-19 patients in categories 2 and 3 were aimed at determining the efficacy of five-day treatment using ivermectin (0.4mg/kg/per day) and SOC (IVM group), compared with standard treatment (SOC group).

It was conducted on patients at 20 government hospitals and MAEPS 2.0 Covid-19 quarantine and treatment centre based on the Health Ministry's guidelines.

"Dr Kalaiarasu M. Peariasamy, the ICR director, has informed that I-TECH study (Ivermectin) showed the Covid-19 disease worsening rate between IVM and SOC at 21.2 per cent and 17.3 per cent, respectively (OR 1.29 [95%] CI 0.82-2.02]; p=0.30).
Uh oh

Wait, how can that possibly be? You are telling us that the most lethal virus known to man, a virus so dangerous that dining indoors was banned (except if you were Gavin Newsom of course), a virus so transmissible that even dining outdoors had to be banned, a virus so deadly that kids were banned from trick or treating, did not get transmitted during a sexual encounter of goodness knows how long?! Sounds bogus dude, I think you need to check your sources.
I'd like to believe that this is a sarcastically snarky throwaway post.

But so many people really are that ignorant concerning C19 I can't be sure.

Tom

It turns out that my girlfriend dodged the bullet. She didn't get infected, in spite of having sex with somebody with confirmed Covid. Sometimes we're just lucky in life.
Both people involved were both vaccinated and had boosters. I suspect that was a factor.

It turns out that my girlfriend dodged the bullet. She didn't get infected, in spite of having sex with somebody with confirmed Covid. {snip}

Both people involved were vaccinated and had boosters. I suspect that was a factor.

Huh?

It turns out that my girlfriend dodged the bullet. She didn't get infected, in spite of having sex with somebody with confirmed Covid. {snip}

Both people involved were vaccinated and had boosters. I suspect that was a factor.

Huh?
Why do you have so much trouble understanding statistics?

Vaccinated people are far less likely to get or transmit C19 than unvaccinated people. The information is out there if you want to know what is actually going on.
Tom

Huh?

Vaccinated people are far less likely to get or transmit C19 than unvaccinated people. The information is out there if you want to know what is actually going on.
Tom
Ya. And a very pretty line chart showing the difference was posted in this thread around a week or so ago. It was hard to miss

Huh?

Tom
Ya. And a very pretty line chart showing the difference was posted in this thread around a week or so ago. It was hard to miss
There's none so blind as them that can't see nothin'

A couple without masks film themselves going into a store. Very likely they were hoping for a confrontation so they could get some 'oppression cred'. The shop owner told them to get out, and the unmasked woman shoved the shop owner. Turned into a fight.

The couple showed the video to the police to press charges, and were surprised to find that they got arrested for assault.

Huh?

The vaccine is around 90% effective against Delta. Not 100%. That's why we care about vaccinating all the covidiots.

Sense of smell is returning back. I can smell alcohol again and other stuff smells stronger now, have not tried vinegar though.
7 days since first symptoms.

Good to hear. :)

It looks like it's a mild to moderate case, and you're getting better.

Sense of smell is returning back. I can smell alcohol again and other stuff smells stronger now, have not tried vinegar though.

About smell, I am not sure that was real. I mean not measurement error. Looks like it just fluctuates due to different probably external factors.
I hope so, so far all parameters look normal and very stable, especially temperature exactly 36.8C for 2+ days.
My understanding is that respiratory problems develop from much more serious symptoms. All I have now is coughing and it does not get worse (or better)

About smell, I am not sure that was real. I mean not measurement error. Looks like it just fluctuates due to different probably external factors.
I hope so, so far all parameters look normal and very stable, especially temperature exactly 36.8C for 2+ days.
My understanding is that respiratory problems develop from much more serious symptoms. All I have now is coughing and it does not get worse (or better)
Glad to see you're on the mend, Barbos.

Both people involved were both vaccinated and had boosters. I suspect that was a factor.
Were they wearing masks?

Back
Top Bottom