• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Biden said:
If you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask.

Biden said:
Let me repeat. If you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask
Let's Go Brandon!!

Could you explain why you think that was a reasonable response.
On the internet?

Because I'm not seeing it.
Tom

Biden said:
If you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask.

Biden said:
Let me repeat. If you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask
Let's Go Brandon!!

There's no need for you and Trausti to keep proving your obtuseness, we get it already.

NYPD officers were heckled for arresting five organized anti-vax mandate protesters and detaining a nine year-old girl Wednesday after they barged into the Natural History Museum without showing proof of COVID vaccination. The arrests, which come amid soaring crime in the Big Apple, took place on Wednesday. Trouble began when a half-dozen purported members of the New York Freedom Rally - a group that has been staging anti-vax protests throughout the city - attempted to enter the Manhattan museum without showing their vaccine passports in violation of rules. Those require every visitor five years and older to show proof of vaccination. The nine year-old, named Jayla, was filmed sobbing as she was marched down the steps by two cops, with onlookers filmed heckling and abusing the NYPD officers over her apprehension.

Daily Mail

Defund the police !

NYPD officers were heckled for arresting five organized anti-vax mandate protesters and detaining a nine year-old girl Wednesday after they barged into the Natural History Museum without showing proof of COVID vaccination. The arrests, which come amid soaring crime in the Big Apple, took place on Wednesday. Trouble began when a half-dozen purported members of the New York Freedom Rally - a group that has been staging anti-vax protests throughout the city - attempted to enter the Manhattan museum without showing their vaccine passports in violation of rules. Those require every visitor five years and older to show proof of vaccination. The nine year-old, named Jayla, was filmed sobbing as she was marched down the steps by two cops, with onlookers filmed heckling and abusing the NYPD officers over her apprehension.

Daily Mail

Defund the police !

Let's Go Darwin!
Tom

AOC gets a lot of cheap shots, but the pic does prove she made a bad choice regarding safe practices here, and it wasn't an accidental mistake, like forgetting a mask for a moment.

As I said before, she wasn't doing something in Florida she couldn't do in NYC, but it was not the safest behavior, also like going out to restaurants where people are guaranteed to be maskless, even if it's allowed.
Yeah, I think that, like many of us, she over-estimated the protection of her vaccine in the face of emerging variants and, as snarky of me as it is to write this: Florida which is basically a giant Petri dish filled with germs Trumpsters.

I honestly get it. I’m getting some push back from my husband basically because we’ve been vaxxed, boosted, wear masks and have severely limited our contact with other people for two years now and it just feels so unfair. It’s like being back in grade school and continuing to be punished for the bad behavior of a couple of troublemakers who just won’t follow the rules so we all have to miss recess. We both would like to be able to…do a little shopping. In person. Eat out once in a while. I’d love to go to the movies again and I’m really really wishing I could throw a party. Don’t even get me started about wanting to travel.

And we’re lucky. We don’t have children still at home or in school so we aren’t trying to manage careers and home school or risk management for small children or teens who just want to swap spit etc. with other teens. We aren’t worried that our kids are risking their lives by going to college. I mean, sure, I worry plenty that our kids are risking their lives by going to work. My friends are worried about their kids and grandkids’ risks plus their own and trying not to exhaust themselves serving as back up daycare every time the grandkids’ daycare closes down fir two weeks because of an outbreak.

Oh, and chatting with a former coworker about life in the lab was….eye opening. They’ve added 150 people to a lab that previously had employed less than 50 people. Not a typo. For a while, they were being paid double time, not the usual $2/hr shift differential we used to get. And are still putting in overtime hours.

We’re all suffering from pandemic fatigue.

Yes, when AOC does it, "bad choice" or "over estimated the protection vaccine provides".
When the "other" does it, plague rat or participant of a death cult.

Conservatives when they see liberals outside with masks: "Bad liberals!!111"
Conservatives when they see AOC outside without a mask: "Bad AOC!!!11"

Yes, when AOC does it, "bad choice" or "over estimated the protection vaccine provides".
When the "other" does it, plague rat or participant of a death cult.
The difference is that AOC is vaxxed and boosted. The people who refuse to be vaccinated or to mask or to limit their contact with other people—I personally think they are delusional and dangerous to themselves and to other people—at a bare minimum. I don’t write that lightly. Some people I care about are among those who are so deluded.

I really get how much this sucks.

Daily Mail

Defund the police !

About three weeks ago, there was a similar incident at a restaurant. This was my discussion with someone who blamed the police:

NYC.png

So tell me I am wrong. Tell me I am an idiot. I don't care. You just don't DO that to your child. Ever.

Ruth

Aaron Rodgers blasts Biden;

while Biden was touring a tornado-ravaged part of Kentucky, he whispered to a woman in a Green Bay Packers cap and shirt, "Tell that quarterback he's gotta get the vaccine."
The interaction was captured on camera ... and when Rodgers was finally asked about it as part of a lengthy interview with ESPN this week -- he said he was pissed. Then, he took his own jabs at POTUS.
"When the president of the United States says, 'This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated,' it's because him and his constituents, which, I don't know how there are any if you watch any of his attempts at public speaking, but I guess he got 81 million votes," Rodgers said. “But when you say stuff like that, and then you have the CDC, which, how do you even trust them, but then they come out and talk about 75% of the COVID deaths have at least four comorbidities." Rodgers continued, "And you still have this fake White House set saying that this is the pandemic of the unvaccinated, that's not helping the conversation."

TMZ

Ouch.

Aaron Rodgers blasts Biden;

while Biden was touring a tornado-ravaged part of Kentucky, he whispered to a woman in a Green Bay Packers cap and shirt, "Tell that quarterback he's gotta get the vaccine."
The interaction was captured on camera ... and when Rodgers was finally asked about it as part of a lengthy interview with ESPN this week -- he said he was pissed. Then, he took his own jabs at POTUS.
"When the president of the United States says, 'This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated,' it's because him and his constituents, which, I don't know how there are any if you watch any of his attempts at public speaking, but I guess he got 81 million votes," Rodgers said. “But when you say stuff like that, and then you have the CDC, which, how do you even trust them, but then they come out and talk about 75% of the COVID deaths have at least four comorbidities." Rodgers continued, "And you still have this fake White House set saying that this is the pandemic of the unvaccinated, that's not helping the conversation."

TMZ

Ouch.
TMZ and a Green Bay Packers quarterback. Oh, the.......slight bit of heat, like the stub of a birthday candle burnt down to a nub and still a little warm?

COVID good news in Australia. Omicron has likely peaked in NSW and Victoria (the two most populous states).

Hospital and ICU demand has been below the most optimistic scenario modelled in early January and is falling

Even when I agree something is a good idea, I don't approve of mandating it. Just as an example, I wear a helmet when I ride my motorcycle, yet I oppose helmet laws.

Saying something should be mandated is a whole second step above and beyond saying it is a good idea. Each of those two arguments is a separate argument.
I'm interested in how you decide when to mandate.
understand that. But I don’t understand your argument for NOT mandating COVID vaccines. Can you please share it?
Yes. How does JH come to the conclusion that vaccination for covid is good but vaccination for everybody is bad. Helmet laws are good but mandatory helmet laws are bad.

Vaccinations are good for you and me but bad for everybody. Helmet laws are good for you and me but bad for everybody.

What's the logic I'm missing?

I am not authorized to speak for Jason, but many agree that harming one's-self, albeit stupid, should be legal, while stupidly harming others may be regulated. Drinking bleach hurts only yourself and is a personal choice. Feeding bleach to others is illegal.

Not wearing a helmet should be legal since the only likely victim is one's-self; driving while drunk OTOH could easily lead to the death of another person.

MMR vaccination is mandated for children because it leads to herd immunity, Vaccines for influenza and hepatitis are personal decisions because herd immunity is out-of-reach.

The foregoing is all obvious to anyone whose eyes have ever paused when reading the word 'Epidemiology.' But what about Covid-19? Herd immunity is a goal and, as was emphasized from the very beginning of the pandemic, even if herd immunity is never achieved, slowing the spread of Covid-19 would avoid over-taxing medical resources. In that view, it should be mandatory for an un-quarantined Jason to be vaccinated in order to reduce the chance that OTHERS get the disease and to reduce the risk that Jason uses up an ICU bed or ventilator that SOMEONE ELSE needs.

But the above assessment is just the opinion of Dr. Fauci, who has probably been linked to the Soros-funded jihad and to child sex trafficking. The three top epidemiological authorities in the U.S. are Anthony Fauci, Donald Trump and Alex Jones and, although all three have been vaccinated, two out of 3 do NOT support MANDATORY vaccinations. Many Americans take their cue from beacons of morality like Donald Trump or Alex Jones rather than from an Islamo-Marxist sex trafficker whose "PhD" came from some elite coastal college and who has never even been to Wharton or Mar-A-Lago.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While I do not pray at the Alter of AOC and feel that she likely was gathered around too many unmasked people and was responsible for getting Covid-19, being unmasked, I hate individual pics being used to "prove" something.

While I agree 100% with Jimmy's summary, it makes no difference what AOC does. The QAnon crowd treats masked people with great contempt, even assaulting them in some cases FOR wearing a mask. ANY photograph of AOC would be fodder for Trumpist whingeing. If she HAD been wearing a mask the imbecile brigade would have had sarcastic things to say about that.

So tell me I am wrong. Tell me I am an idiot. I don't care. You just don't DO that to your child. Ever.

Had the two adults gone alone, they would have just been two random Trumpist sheeple in the crowd.

But by manoeuvering to get their 9-year old frog-marched out by Bidenist police, the family have become martyrs for the Holy Cause of Stupidism. When the girl recovers from her annoyance and is old enough to give solace to 14-year old boys in the front lines of the Whinger's War, she will thank her parents for allowing her to serve from an early age as a propaganda item for Americanism.

The three top epidemiological authorities in the U.S. are Anthony Fauci, Donald Trump and Alex Jones and, although all three have been vaccinated, two out of 3 do NOT support MANDATORY vaccinations.
Mandatory vaccinations are a political decision, not a medical decision.

FJj3HL5VUAAOm62
That's how the virus works in the Republican brain.

What's actually happening with restaurants is that when you're eating you're with your group, when you're walking you have many more encounters with others. It's a half-assed compromise to allow restaurants to be open while reducing the risk of transmission.
So why can't school kids do that?

Because we have so many bad parents. Again and again I see Asian parents with young kids properly wearing their masks. I basically never see a non-Asian kid properly wearing a mask and rarely even wearing one at all.

Back
Top Bottom