• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

I find the concept of a fucktard difficult to grok so I can't be sure, but her behavior seems also compatible with being intelligent and politically motivated.

How about criminal sack of shit or otherwise plague rat to describe Palin?
Without conclusive evidence, I would not describe her in that manner. But she is a bad person.

Why are you continuing to apologize for those who resist scientifically supported measures to stop the virus from killing a bunch of our friends, or even ourselves?
Why do you frame everything dishonestly and then expect me to take the bait?

Here's a question: why do you oppose the government kidnapping her citizens and physically forcing the COVID-19 jab on them?
*spit take*

Since July 1, 2021, 250,000 Americans have died, likely most of them needlessly, because they weren't vax'd.

A quarter million Americans died... needlessly. And your question is asking whether a shot is just too much liberty lost.
I expect that seeing others being asked to take a shot is just too many "lulzcows" lost to maintain their "lulzmilk" addiction.
Jimmy Higgins opposes the government kidnapping her citizens and forcibly injecting them with the COVID vaccine. If he doesn't, then I was mistaken. If he does, then Jimmy Higgins opposes a possible mandate while supporting other mandates.

Why are you continuing to apologize for those who resist scientifically supported measures to stop the virus from killing a bunch of our friends, or even ourselves?
Why do you frame everything dishonestly and then expect me to take the bait?

Here's a question: why do you oppose the government kidnapping her citizens and physically forcing the COVID-19 jab on them?
*spit take*

Since July 1, 2021, 250,000 Americans have died, likely most of them needlessly, because they weren't vax'd.

A quarter million Americans died... needlessly. And your question is asking whether a shot is just too much liberty lost.
So, you oppose the government kidnapping her citizens and forcibly injecting the COVID 19 vaccine?

Why are you a right-wing neo-Nazi supporting 'freedumb'?
+

Hyperbole much? This is why it's impossible to take you seriously.
I'm not sure i completely oppose that.
Maybe not kidnapping, no. Some people really do have valid reasons to avoid or delay the jab. Some are willing to take the necessary steps (mask, distancing, quarantine) to not be a threat to others, to take responsibility for their vector status.

But people flashing forged vaccine cards? I'd support holding them down and vaccinating them. Stamp 'JVs.M" on their foreheads, stab 'em in the arms, issue a real vax card. And a lollipop. And a court summons to a clinic for the second shot. And another lollipop.
Thank you for revealing this.

Hyperbole much? This is why it's impossible to take you seriously.
What hyperbole?

Do you mean: You oppose the government kidnapping her citizens and forcibly injecting them with the COVID-19 vaccine? So, there is a mandate you would oppose? Why do you oppose it? Why are you a freedumb-loving neo-Nazi?

Actually, her appearance in the restaurant to me indicates she is vaccinated and she is lying about vaccinations.
This.
Really? To me, it just says she's completely comfortable letting other people be vaccinated so that she can be protected while not holding up her end of the bargain. Which is very much on brand.

Also, I believe that the restaurant has verified they did not check for a vaccine card and that she was there as a guest of a frequent diner there (presumably vaxxed and documented as such).

Actually, her appearance in the restaurant to me indicates she is vaccinated and she is lying about vaccinations.
This.
Really? To me, it just says she's completely comfortable letting other people be vaccinated so that she can be protected while not holding up her end of the bargain. Which is very much on brand.

Also, I believe that the restaurant has verified they did not check for a vaccine card and that she was there as a guest of a frequent diner there (presumably vaxxed and documented as such).
I'm sorry Toni, but until Sarah Palin can provide me a long form certificate that certifies she is not vaccinated... her presence in a restaurant that only allows vax'd people is evidence enough for me that she is vaccinated. ;)

This.

I'm sorry Toni, but until Sarah Palin can provide me a long form certificate that certifies she is not vaccinated... her presence in a restaurant that only allows vax'd people is evidence enough for me that she is vaccinated. ;)
Hard to tell what would go over better with the Trumpkins....
*) She's vaccinated but flogging anti-vax rhetoric.
*) She's unvaccinated but bullied her way into the restaurant. "FREEDOM!"
*) She's unvaccinated but flashed a phony vax card
*) She's unvaccinated but quoted some bullshit interpretation of the ADA that forces them to accomodate her because of the burden of being Sarah Palin

Hochul said with a complete lack of evidence.

Well, what is it:

Masks protect.

Distancing protects.

Vaccination protects.

Being a Democrat protects.

The observed data makes it very clear that at least one of these four statements is true.

This.

Hard to tell what would go over better with the Trumpkins....
*) She's vaccinated but flogging anti-vax rhetoric.
*) She's unvaccinated but bullied her way into the restaurant. "FREEDOM!"
*) She's unvaccinated but flashed a phony vax card
*) She's unvaccinated but quoted some bullshit interpretation of the ADA that forces them to accomodate her because of the burden of being Sarah Palin
*)She’s a celebrity and rules do not apply to her.

But people flashing forged vaccine cards? I'd support holding them down and vaccinating them. Stamp 'JVs.M" on their foreheads, stab 'em in the arms, issue a real vax card. And a lollipop. And a court summons to a clinic for the second shot. And another lollipop.

No. They favor natural "immunity". Give them a choice--needle A contains the vaccine, needle B contains Covid and is followed by a stay in an internment camp until they test negative.

The pandemic is over, it's time to lift all mandates, they have been a failure.

Look at why they failed. You'll find the answer in the mirror.

And the pandemic is far from over. The hospitals are crashing again and have been operating at dangerous overload levels since this started.

No. They favor natural "immunity". Give them a choice--needle A contains the vaccine, needle B contains Covid and is followed by a stay in an internment camp until they test negative.
... I mean... Hmmm...

My first thought is "that can't be right".

Perhaps just throw them in an internment camp with all the other anti-vaxxers, particularly the ones who test positive while not vaccinated, and let natural transmission provide the natural immunity.

You get out when your antibody population is at least as high as the average vaccinated person.

First off, it's a BS article based on wishful thinking.

People didn't take steps to slow the spread. This is what we got for ignoring the experts.

We did didn't do what were asked back in 2019 2020. It's now January 2022.

Fixed.

It's over. There is no reason to continue with these damaging restrictions.

Edit: Typo

A friend just had to take their mother to the hospital yesterday. The ER waiting room was full of patients who had already been seen but they didn't have beds for them. Now said friend is isolating because after admission her mother tested positive--one of these "with Covid" cases. Lots of health issues, it's obvious that Covid pushed her situation from nursing home to hospital bed.

That's certainly not over in my book. If I was god I would decree that everyone who prematurely says "It's over" has to spend a day watching in an ER.

No policy or containment measures work without strong adherence to the containment measures.

The containment measures (such as they were) has prolonged the agony, condemned countless people to crushing poverty, destroyed the economy, caused untold suffering to young people, denied the sick access to medical services and likely sent them to an early grave. Not fit for purpose.

Without the containment we would have been seeing Wuhan all over again--the hospitals horrendously overloaded, people simply dying at home without any medical care whatsoever. That's what just the base strain did in a high density environment. We saw a lesser version of it in New York, we had some warning but people weren't taking it seriously.

But you’re bored so let’s all just give up abs die.

Give up and die?! Oh please. Are we supposed to live with these restrictions for ever? Most people won't. I won't and actually I don't.

That's the thing--you always think it's not going to be you or anyone you care about. Are the 1.2 million dead (looking at excess mortality) Americans all nobodies?

Super Bowl, I predict a full house at SoFi Stadium.

Go Rams !

Go Darwin!

Masks, ZERO evidence masks do anything to stop the spread.

I believe that you are very aware that this is a false statement.

There is a substantial segment of the population that operates on the principle that reality will conform to what enough people want it to be. Thus if you can get enough people to believe masks don't help that they will cease to work.

Note that while religious thinking increases this it's not only a problem of the right. We see the same thing with different issues from the left.

the thing--you always think it's not going to be you or anyone you care about. Are the 1.2 million dead (looking at excess mortality) Americans all nobodies?
This is, to me what really comes down to the very core of what is fucked up and evil behavior: asymmetry -- viewing someone else's "self actualization" as having less worth or meaning or value as your own self-actualization.

It is a form of solipsism, and is to be rejected with all due prejudice.

Masks, ZERO evidence masks do anything to stop the spread.

I believe that you are very aware that this is a false statement.

There is a substantial segment of the population that operates on the principle that reality will conform to what enough people want it to be. Thus if you can get enough people to believe masks don't help that they will cease to work.

Note that while religious thinking increases this it's not only a problem of the right. We see the same thing with different issues from the left.
So, there is in our world a thing called "the Tinkerbell effect". It is not something well understood by a lot or even "many" people.

It is the effect wherein sometimes the geometry of an idea is such that when people believe it, it becomes true as a knock-on effect of the belief.

Regardless of whether this effect spawns actual faeries is subject to debate on what "actual faeries" are (one I'm honestly sad nobody on these forums in all it's years has asked in any of the appropriate forums), it is a case in point that the effect does exist.

The belief that masks are ineffective will make them ineffective because of herd immunity effects: a mask on each face is more effective and an infective person without a mask negates a lot of the effectiveness in any given space.

Of course it's like dieting. Dieting is an effective way to lose weight. It doesn't work when you don't do the work.

Back
Top Bottom