• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

DACA

Pretends not to support?

When I vote third party, conservoprogressives like you say I'm throwing my vote away. That means conservoprogressives think the only valid votes are for the two major parties. That means conservoprogressives think Trump is more legitimate than third party candidates.
Logic fail much?

There are 5 or 6 candidates on the ballot, of which there are two candidates that are the primary contenders for the Presidency. A vote for a "third party" candidate is an indication that one doesn't care who of the two main candidates actually wins and feels that either of them is unacceptable. This is a bit of a head in the sand worldview.

That makes you far more of a Trump supporter than I'll ever be.
Only in your mind. You seem to think twisting a few words creatively creates a motive of another poster, which is just foolish trolling. Elixir's point is that the threat of a Trump presidency was so great, that a vote for anyone but the only other candidate that could defeat him was necessary, and so a vote for a third party is a "vote for Trump". This would be the head out of the sand worldview.

It is terribly sad that we can be in the position to vote against candidates these days. Obviously, one needs to be pretty certain of themselves to think that Clinton would have been remotely as bad as Trump. Sure, she is unprincipled and self-centered, but the main competition was terribly unqualified. And while you might like to watch the Earth burn so you can coddle yourself with your libertarian values, the Trump Presidency could be very well causing irreversible damage to our democracy.

I don't support the law as it is written, so I want that law changed. You want a futile gesture that changes nothing. Therefore you support the law as written. That also puts you more in alignment with Trump than I'll ever be.
The GOP has had a few chances to change the law and hasn't even come close to addressing it. It got to the point where President Obama had to do something, because Congress (many in the GOP, W actually had a plan, but that went no where because of the GOP) refuses to address it until they have enough votes to ram something extremely rigid through Congress.

Logic fail much?

No, just pointing out that you think Trump is legitimate.

I don't support the law as it is written, so I want that law changed. You want a futile gesture that changes nothing. Therefore you support the law as written. That also puts you more in alignment with Trump than I'll ever be.
The GOP has had a few chances to change the law and hasn't even come close to addressing it. It got to the point where President Obama had to do something, because Congress (many in the GOP, W actually had a plan, but that went no where because of the GOP) refuses to address it until they have enough votes to ram something extremely rigid through Congress.

So? That doesn't mean that I support the law as written, and that doesn't mean that you want change. Blame the progressoconservatives instead of the conseroprogressives if it makes you feel better, but what are you doing to change the law as written?

It looks like the Koch brothers are trying to subvert democracy again. Wait...

Koch network launches seven-figure ad campaign urging Congress to protect Dreamers

With the factions in Congress and the Trump administration unable to reach a deal to protect immigrants who came to the U.S. illegally as children, the Koch brothers' network is launching a seven-figure ad campaign urging the legislative branch to act.

The LIBRE Initiative and Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce, two components of the network led by billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch, are launching ads across national broadcast, cable and digital platforms, calling on Republicans and Democrats to find a permanent fix for Dreamers. This ad marks just the latest push from the Koch network for a legislative solution after President Trump announced the end of the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. The network's leaders praised a plan from Mr. Trump to fix DACA earlier this year, although they criticized any attempts to restrict legal immigration. But the plan failed, for which Mr. Trump has blamed Democrats.

Trying to get a legislative solution? Everyone knows that only losers and idiots try to work within the system. Plus it is common knowledge on this forum that the Koch brothers can do no good.

A federal judge ruled Tuesday against the Trump administration’s decision to end a program protecting some young immigrants from deportation, calling the Department of Homeland Security’s rationale against the program “arbitrary and capricious.”

U.S. District Judge John D. Bates in Washington wrote that the decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, known as DACA, “was unlawful and must be set aside.”

https://www.boston.com/news/politic...es-against-ending-program-to-protect-dreamers

Yea, I know that I'm dense, but could someone once again explain to me why we hate the DACA recipients? They didn't break any laws. They are mostly hard working kids who commit far less crimes that ordinary citizens. They rarely speak the language of the country where they were born. What are we suppose to do with them?

Yea, I know that I'm dense, but could someone once again explain to me why we hate the DACA recipients?
No one hates them. We feel for them and the situation they are in. But if we allow these children to become citizens, that will just encourage more families to try and get into the US and stay via loopholes. And it isn't fair to the children because that journey to the US is so dangerous. Women are kidnapped and trafficked for the sex trade. Children are kidnapped for ransom. It doesn't seem fair, but life isn't fair sometimes. We will shed a tear as we board them on a plane out of our nation.

I think that covers it.
They didn't break any laws.
They all ain't angels! Some are hardened criminals or NY Jets fans!
They are mostly hard working kids who commit far less crimes that ordinary citizens. They rarely speak the language of the country where they were born. What are we suppose to do with them?
Compassionately look the other way when we deport them.

Yea, I know that I'm dense, but could someone once again explain to me why we hate the DACA recipients? They didn't break any laws. They are mostly hard working kids who commit far less crimes that ordinary citizens. They rarely speak the language of the country where they were born. What are we suppose to do with them?

They're not white.

Back
Top Bottom