• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Daesh Militant Executes Mom in the Square. Why not?

arcadia

Basic Beliefs
atheist
From the Times this AM:

An Islamic State militant executed his own mother in front of a post office in the northern Syrian city of Raqqa this week after she tried to persuade him to leave the extremist group, Syrian activists there said on Friday.

The fighter, Ali Saqr, 21, killed his mother in front of several hundred people for what the Islamic State called apostasy,

Hey, why not, Christians?

Matthew 10:20. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

With the gods on your side all is okay.

Just a few weeks ago at a Christian Church in upstate NY, a Mom and Dad helped beat one son to death and almost killed another.

Oy vey.

That's going to make for a few awkward conversations at the family barbecue this summer.

Matthew 10:20. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

My reading of Matthew 10 would indicate Jesus is not commanding or condoning this but saying this is the sort of shit that will happen when his followers go out among the people and represent.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 10&version=NIV

My reading of Matthew 10 would indicate Jesus is not commanding or condoning this but saying this is the sort of shit that will happen when his followers go out among the people and represent.

My reading of Dismal 11:25 maketh me think thou doth protest too much.

From the Times this AM:

An Islamic State militant executed his own mother in front of a post office in the northern Syrian city of Raqqa this week after she tried to persuade him to leave the extremist group, Syrian activists there said on Friday.

The fighter, Ali Saqr, 21, killed his mother in front of several hundred people for what the Islamic State called apostasy,

Happy Mother's day, fucker.

My reading of Dismal 11:25 maketh me think thou doth protest too much.

Great post. Makes no sense whatsoever. Not even remotely on topic. Maybe reveals some sort of weird compulsion you have. But great post.

ISIS has a desertion problem. I guess this is one of their solutions.

Too bad it's not the Saudis. Then everything would be jake.

Ugly as this is he probably didn't have a choice. If he didn't execute her he probably would have been executed and then someone else would have executed her.

Ugly as this is he probably didn't have a choice. If he didn't execute her he probably would have been executed and then someone else would have executed her.

Ya, it's important that we don't forget that he's the real victim in all this.

Reminds me of Hillary Clinton saying that women are "primary victims of war" because they "lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat."

But this ISIS guy actually reminds me of ... (spoiler alert)

Kylo Ren
maxresdefault.jpg

He also kills his parent for trying to get him to change his evil ways.

- - - Updated - - -

White people.
No, we are always the villains. Because of our "white male privilege".

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget Han Solo.
Missed this post when I made mine. You should not be posting spoilers yet damn it! ;)

Reminds me of Hillary Clinton saying that women are "primary victims of war" because they "lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat."

Nice. I did not see a way to derail the thread into Hillary bashing, but you pulled it off.

Yep, I guess that's why he goes on about bring swords and gives a shout-out to the folks who deliver their sassy kids to be stoned to death. Just a real gentle fellow to whom violence is absolute anathema. Especially when encouraging kids to reply by killing the parents. Harmless, really. Just a family values kind of guy.

Last edited:

Nice. I did not see a way to derail the thread into Hillary bashing, but you pulled it off.

I think that Hillary quote is an old urban legend. If not, it has to be the worst case of pandering by a politician ever.

Well, it does sound like the kind of pandering bullshit she'd come up with.

Just a few weeks ago at a Christian Church in upstate NY, a Mom and Dad helped beat one son to death and almost killed another.
And they are being held accountable by the larger Christian society around them. You should look up the false equivalence fallacy it might help you with your confusion between Christianity and Islam.

I'm not saying he's a victim in all of this. However, in this particular case he's as much victim as perpetrator.

And they are being held accountable by the larger Christian society around them. You should look up the false equivalence fallacy it might help you with your confusion between Christianity and Islam.

No, they're being held accountable by a (relatively) secular law enforcement apparatus that doesn't exist in ISIS-controlled territory. Wholly separate things, and you might do well to recognize them as such before accusing others of being confused.

Back
Top Bottom