• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Death of the Tea Party?

The Tea Party will not die in the forseeable future. It may not dominate politics everywhere, but in some red states it will remain a bothersome pest for years to come. The Tea partiers are what in Texas politics are called cockroaches. It's not what they carry away that matters, but what they get into and mess up.

They have an ideology?

Both parties benefit from it, both parties will resist actual change (but both will favor redrawing the gerrymandered lines to favor themselves).

It is like how IRV benefits the people, but it requires those in power to sacrifice their own power in order to implement it.

http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/libertarian-roots-tea-party

NWMROn5.gif

I used the present tense. Cato used the past tense.

There was a Tea Party in 2007, but the press never covered it. Then in early 2009 something happened that made the press notice it, and made many Republicans notice it. Then the libertarians were squeezed out.

Gee, I wonder what it could be that triggered this takeover.

It's really is amazing how when libertarians fail, it's always the fault of someone else. I guess personal responsibility and accountability only matters when they're trying not to share any credit for their successes.

The Tea Party will not die in the forseeable future. It may not dominate politics everywhere, but in some red states it will remain a bothersome pest for years to come. The Tea partiers are what in Texas politics are called cockroaches. It's not what they carry away that matters, but what they get into and mess up.

The tea party was originally astroturfed with money from the Koch Brothers. If the Kochs stop funding them, their time is limited. This assumes they haven't already cut off the spigot.

Back
Top Bottom