• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Debates

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Pelosi says there shouldn't be any debates between Biden and Trump | TheHill
“I don’t think that there should be any debates,” Pelosi told reporters. “I do not think that the president of the United States has comported himself in a way that anybody has any association with truth, evidence, data and facts.”

“I wouldn’t legitimize a conversation with him nor a debate in terms of the presidency of the United States,” she added.

“I think that he’ll probably act in a way that is beneath the dignity of the presidency,” she said, citing what she called his “disgraceful” actions during the 2016 debates with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

“He does that every day,” she added. “But I think he will also belittle what the debates are supposed to be about.”
She prefers for the candidates to separately answer questions about their policies.

CBS News on Twitter: "Speaker Pelosi says that she does not think there should be any presidential debates between Pres. Trump and Joe Biden:
“I wouldn't legitimize a conversation with [Pres. Trump] nor a debate in terms of the presidency of the United States" (links)" / Twitter

Biden insists he will debate Trump after Pelosi remarks | TheHill
“No. As long as the commission continues down the straight now as they have, I’m going to debate him,” Biden told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell when asked whether he would consider not debating Trump following Pelosi’s comments.

“I am going to be the fact-checker on the stage while I’m debating him,” Biden continued.
Rejecting recommendations that he show up with a fact checker to assist him.
“Look, I think everybody knows that this man has a somewhat pathological tendency not to tell the truth,” Biden said.

Biden added that the Republican National Convention this week has been characterized by “one lie after another,” citing fact checks being done by the media during this week’s convention.
I think that he is being overconfident. He'll need someone more mentally agile and more experienced with online searching to do his fact checking.

What Biden can do is be that “Any functioning adult” to Trump’s immaturity and ignorance, on full display on national television. With Clinton, Trump could look like a bully. That’s not going to happen with Biden.

So, according to the articles, Biden says he will fact check Trump in real time. This leads to two points that I find hilarious.

1. The allegation that Trump might use facts.
2. The allegation that Biden can fact check anyone.

Elixir, did you mean to post that video in this thread? I think you've confused which discussion you are in.

Or perhaps don't have any debates and spare us the tedium of both watching and/or being exposed to the breathless commentary during and afterwards.

One of the worst imports of US political functionality into Australia is the alleged need for debates. Unless the participants are good debaters and follow Oxford union debating (https://www.oxford-union.org/debating) then it is a tedious waste of time.

Otherwise all you get are blowhards shouting at each other and not listening.

Back
Top Bottom