• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Defunding the Police?

One does have to wonder how our government affords and has the rights to police and kill locals in Afganistan. Yet can not even obtain the necessary tools for crowd control in Seattle Washington (part of the interior of the United States). Regardless of our current effectiveness in Seattle, would it not at least make sense to pull out of another part of the world and get control of our own country first??????????

With regards to defunding the police, that might actually be a good idea as put forward by the OP. But term "defunding the police" should be modified to something more accurate IMO. Because otherwise when you watch a riot on tv while the announcer talks about defunding the police there becomes a state of cognitive dissonance.

So defund the military and fund the police differently. I'd be down with that.

I wouldn't trust the people trained to invade another country when it comes to crowd control in our own cities. Crowd control shouldn't be left up to trained killers. When your only tool is a hammer.......

One does have to wonder how our government affords and has the rights to police and kill locals in Afganistan. Yet can not even obtain the necessary tools for crowd control in Seattle Washington (part of the interior of the United States). Regardless of our current effectiveness in Seattle, would it not at least make sense to pull out of another part of the world and get control of our own country first??????????

With regards to defunding the police, that might actually be a good idea as put forward by the OP. But term "defunding the police" should be modified to something more accurate IMO. Because otherwise when you watch a riot on tv while the announcer talks about defunding the police there becomes a state of cognitive dissonance.

The Democrats aren't. They did their very best not to leave Afghanistan despite Trump wanting to pull out.

The Democrats aren't. They did their very best not to leave Afghanistan despite Trump wanting to pull out.

Who said anything about Trump vs Dems? We were already in the mess over there and just straight pulling out wasn't a good idea. Trump is an idiot so I'd rather listen to the military leaders.

Who said anything about Trump vs Dems? We were already in the mess over there and just straight pulling out wasn't a good idea. Trump is an idiot so I'd rather listen to the military leaders.
I would rather take care of our own country first and not listen to the military leaders who are heavily corrupted in the industrial military complex. And if Trump is an idiot that does not matter if he is trying to get us out of a fake war.

I would rather take care of our own country first and not listen to the military leaders who are heavily corrupted in the industrial military complex. And if Trump is an idiot that does not matter if he is trying to get us out of a fake war.

Pulling out of Afghanistan without considering the consequences is exactly the type of dumb shit our idiot of a prez would do. He's a conman and doesn't care about getting out of a war unless he thinks ACTING like that's what he wants will get him votes. We shouldn't get into stupid wars to begin with but once you're there you can't just leave a power vacuum unless you just want shit to be worse than it was before.

Sorry for getting sucked into the derail.

Back to defunding the military and putting money toward actually training police to serve and protect.

Pulling out of Afghanistan without considering the consequences is exactly the type of dumb shit our idiot of a prez would do. He's a conman and doesn't care about getting out of a war unless he thinks ACTING like that's what he wants will get him votes. We shouldn't get into stupid wars to begin with but once you're there you can't just leave a power vacuum unless you just want shit to be worse than it was before.

Sorry for getting sucked into the derail.

Back to defunding the military and putting money toward actually training police to serve and protect.

Being the world's policeman sometimes stinks doesn't it! But the alternative is too horrible to contemplate. Unless you'd be comfortable living under sharia law!

I think there are no good cops because of the way I define it. A good cop arrests criminal cops. A bad cop does nothing about criminal cops.

Occasionally you read a news story about a good cop. It is about that cop getting demoted, fired, pressured into quitting, or even killed.

I think there are no good cops because of the way I define it. A good cop arrests criminal cops. A bad cop does nothing about criminal cops.

Occasionally you read a news story about a good cop. It is about that cop getting demoted, fired, pressured into quitting, or even killed.

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom