• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

***A tumbleweed lazily rolls by the remains of a Baskin Robbins somewhere in the New Confederacy. Roving bands of neo-Nazis, all of them wearing their old police or military equipment, search the dilapidated husks of apartment complexes and multi-family houses for black and Hispanic escapees from the Entrepreneur Camps created in the Harris/Warren administration following Joe Biden's death in March 2021. It's November now in what used to be North Dakota, and it's a balmy 82 degrees during the day.

A centrist liberal crawls out of a sewer, having just taken a bite of feral dog that will constitute his only meal for the day. He is soon followed by another centrist, covered in chemical runoff from the nearby factory that makes "CHINA BAD" commemorative spoons (all proceeds directly benefit the Marco Rubio Foundation for Large Sweaty Adult Sons of War Criminals). Together, they stroll through the wreckage until they come across a black trans woman being accosted by a group of Proud Boys, one on horseback with an electric cattle prod. They shock her a few times before stealing her backpack and taking turns spitting in her face and are eventually summoned back to the compound by walkie-talkie.

She struggles to her feet, wiping the spit from her cheeks and forehead with a tattered American flag she found in a garbage can that morning. That backpack contained her food for the foreseeable future. It's going to be a long November.

The pair of centrist liberals take a slight detour to get closer to the scene, but remain across the street, as they pass and both say, loudly and in unison:

"Don't forget to vote!"***

If that was written on the book jacket, I’d buy it. But I guess spinning a good yarn comes with the territory.

Someone needs to explain to me how randomly posting crap with zero expectation of discourse and zero intent of furthering the conversation should not be considered spam, because I'm at a loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Former Clinton staffers invited to celebrate Sanders dropping out: report | TheHill
noting
Former Clinton Staffers Invited To “Bye, Bye Bernard” Zoom Call (It’s Now Canceled)
Less than an hour after Bernie Sanders told supporters he was ending his presidential campaign, dozens of staffers who worked for his opponent four years ago received the same mass email: a link to a Zoom video call scheduled for 4 p.m.

“Invitation: Bye, bye Bernard (HFA celebration toast),” the email to former Hillary Clinton staffers read on early Wednesday afternoon, according to screenshots provided by two people.

“He’s finally gone (again!). Join for a celebratory toast if you can! And yes, you can loop :)

Later on Wednesday, the name of the Zoom call had been changed to a more generic “HFA end of primary celebration toast,” with no mention of Sanders.

By 3:30 p.m., according to recipients, the call was canceled.

The recipients of the calendar invite, according to the screenshots shared on Wednesday, include staffers who went on to work for a vast cross-section of the 2020 Democratic field, including Pete Buttigieg, Joe Biden, Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, Steve Bullock, Elizabeth Warren, Andrew Yang, and Michael Bloomberg.

Keep it classy, DNC.

You know, Harris is going to be president someday, and she is on very friendly terms with Sanders, who is also still an important figurehead in the Senate; if they weren't for their own part pretty laidback about personal insults, antagonizing them both would not be a prudent career move. We've seen what happens to Republicans who insult the commander-in-chief and refuse to grovel after.

Said Harris, in response to the same news:

“Bernie is really an extraordinary leader. One of the things that Bernie brought to not only the race, but the national dialogue and discourse was this point about everyone having access to healthcare. And affordable healthcare, and universal healthcare, and healthcare for all. Bernie really pushed that conversation so that it became — it actually consumed the majority of conversations that were happening on the debate stage. Bernie has the ability to think beyond what is and see what can be, and I admire him for that. I think that Bernie combined with Joe Biden and all of the others who have run are committed, and will be committed, to unifying the party and the country."

Now that is what class looks like. Our Oaktown gal is gonna shake down the White House and get thanked for it after, mark my words.

Last edited:
Are you two time travelers? That story was from April.

Back
Top Bottom