• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats trying to unseat each other III

"Indypendent"[sic] is a far left rag.

Latimerism #10: He is “confident” in the Biden Administration’s approach to the crisis in Gaza.
If anything, it is too critical of Israel.
Latimerism #9: Although he has received a record high $14.5 million in AIPAC support, Latimer wants to make sure voters know he’s not alone.
And Firemarshal Jamaal did not receive support from fauxgressive groups?
Latimerism #7: As county exec, Latimer placed the same mistress, retired New Rochelle judge Susan Kettner, on the county payroll with a $136,000 per year job.
Didn't the Ilk defend Willie Brown when he gave his mistress, one Kamala Harris, positions on state boards?
Latimerism #5: During his 2017 bid for county exec, Latimer got in an accident in New Rochelle. ... According to independent journalist Robert Cox, such an account contradicted “basic trigonometry.”
There is a British journalist named Robert Cox who is 90. I doubt they mean him.
Latimerism #2: Latimer asserted that Bowman’s “constituency is in Dearborn, Michigan,” the nation’s largest city with a majority Arab-American population.
Given JB's hostility toward Israel, how is that wrong?

This shows a lack of focus. What does "end to [so-called] genocide" have to do with the "mf Green New Deal"?

A Sunrise Movement campaigner talked about what it was like to campaign for Jamaal Bowman. The people she contacted agreed with many of his positions, but AIPAC's huge blast of negative ads made many people doubtful about him.
I am sure a "Sunrise Movement campaigner" contacted were hardly a representative sample of the NY16 electorate.

This is a good argument for more multicandidate-friendly voting systems like ranked-choice voting and proportional representation.
With proportional representation, lists are made by the parties. There is no chance at an insurgency like when JB ousted Elliott Engel. Or when AOC ousted Crowley for that matter. I am not sure how ranked choice would have helped the fire marshal because it was a two-horse race.

The campaigner was also critical of the Democratic party for having "utterly failed young people and working-class people", and that she hopes that by 2028, the party can have a Presidential candidate that she can support.
I hope not. Or we will probably get President JD Vance.

"Indypendent"[sic] is a far left rag.
A far left rag rated high for factual reporting.
By whom?
What lpetrich posted is not "factual reporting" but an opinion piece anyway. The hit piece was written by one Theodore Hamm, who also writes for the Marxist rag "Jacobin".
81629eae-efa3-4a70-92f6-3f7b8da11be4_text.gif

Back
Top Bottom