• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Disillusioned Trump voter documentary

marc

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist, skeptic, nerd
For free on YouTube (can rent in other places if you don't want commercials)

A bunch of segments talking to people who voted for Trump in '16, and what changed their minds.

Optimism is good, and it's nice to hear about the rare Republican with enough brains to see Trump as evil. But Trump got more votes in 2020 than in 2016 and is frontrunner to win the GOP nomination in 2024.

I didn't watch the whole video, but Joe Walsh, former Congressman from Illinois, is "hero" of the first few minutes. He's changed his tune since 2016:
Joe Walsh on 24 October 2016 said:
On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump. On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket. You in?

Walsh opposes women's rights, has only recently agreed that climate change is real, worries about the "threat" from American Muslims, and wants to cut social security benefits to finance more tax cuts for the rich! We're supposed to be pleased that this right-wing oaf is leading the campaign against Trump? :confused2:

America is in deep shit. Trump is just the tip of the iceberg. Videos like this just give false hope.

Optimism is good, and it's nice to hear about the rare Republican with enough brains to see Trump as evil. But Trump got more votes in 2020 than in 2016 and is frontrunner to win the GOP nomination in 2024.

I didn't watch the whole video, but Joe Walsh, former Congressman from Illinois, is "hero" of the first few minutes. He's changed his tune since 2016:
Joe Walsh on 24 October 2016 said:
On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump. On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket. You in?

Walsh opposes women's rights, has only recently agreed that climate change is real, worries about the "threat" from American Muslims, and wants to cut social security benefits to finance more tax cuts for the rich! We're supposed to be pleased that this right-wing oaf is leading the campaign against Trump? :confused2:

America is in deep shit. Trump is just the tip of the iceberg. Videos like this just give false hope.
Every time I see this guy's name in the news, I wonder if his Maserati really does 185.

I can't think of any republican who isn't loathsome. Liz Cheney for example is a horrible person, but is a lot more effective in going after Trump than the fucking democrats.

I can't think of any republican who isn't loathsome. Liz Cheney for example is a horrible person, but is a lot more effective in going after Trump than the fucking democrats.
The list is getting real short. Ben Hogan, Mike Dewine, Lisa Murkowski.

You look at Elise Stefanik, and how she went to MAGA Head just to move up in the GOP... the political whoring is devastating! You look at the GOP, and you've got MAGA's and people parading as MAGA's... and you can't really tell them apart.

For free on YouTube (can rent in other places if you don't want commercials)

A bunch of segments talking to people who voted for Trump in '16, and what changed their minds.
Of course, hundreds of election deniers are running for office, so the significance of this is limited.

Did they remember to interview Patooka?
I don't do interviews for free.
It would be a chance for you to get your story out.
I know my story. You want to hear it, fucking pay me.
Personally, I would charge something not payable fungibly. The price of a story here is a story, which Jason seems tightly lipped about.
I can't tell Patooka's story. It's not about being tight lipped, it is about me not having his lived experience.

Back
Top Bottom