• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Does God Have A Penis?

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
If we are made in god's image, then I assume god has a penis. But what aboput a vagina? Id hgod both male and female? Hmmmm....

I don't think there is any mention of a penis on God in the Bible, but as I recall, there is a passage in Genesis where Adam is walking around the Garden of Eden one day and catches a quick glimpse of God's ass. So, there's that.

Maybe God has both. A vagina and a penis.

So, I can state categorically that A god of A universe that is not this one (and who, frankly, would very much hope NOT to be the god of this one...), That God does have a penis. Creatures of the universe in question do not.

Everyone in that universe is "male" or "female" nominally, and interested in "male" or "female" or "neither".

So while the god of that universe LACKS a gender in the way everyone there has it, and HAS a penis that nobody in that world has, and because universes are under no bond to be created as such even when some old times claim they are...

I would say "who fucking cares! Whatever gender means to 'gods' it can mean entirely different things to us, because we generally are not expected to even possess the same physics as them, let alone gross physical anatomy or lifecycle considerations."

I can say though that if I had my way, I'd have something prehensile and tentacle-like capable of delivering, retrieving, or eliminating gametes as necessary, from or in whatever environment they happen to be, and a place to gestate fertilized things.

It just seems the most useful combination of features.

Something 'the god of this' would need more spatial dimensions to build infrastructure in to get over the limitations behind scaling to a whole universe like this though, so like, there's no real words for "hyper-penis", and "hyper-penis" means something entirely not "4d penis" and much, much more 'you should search that on bing! Trololol!' when uttered in common english.

God has a penis so large, even he can't lift it.
A lot comes down to the definition of the word "can't" because when one discusses "simulation creator" gods, with omniscience and omnipotence, there are three definitions.

There is "cannot" as in "the thing the penis is attached to, operating physically as an avatar, lacks the energy and leverage to lift the thing"

...to which the answer is "yes", in the moment: to lift it would require a bigger avatar that does not exist.

There is also "cannot" as in "the thing that imagined the penis into some sand or whatever". Because, in such an event as this, strictly speaking this universe would be an imaginary object.

...to which the answer is "no". Sorry, unless god is literally insane and not capable of driving her own imagination, she cannot imagine such that she 'cannot possibly' ever given time change where she imagines it. She would not be omnipotent if she could not crack it openn and make changes, given the time and knowledge of how, of this thing she built and so imagined.

There is also "cannot" in terms of lacking the mechanism needed to solve the math to do so, the body being weak though the mind is willing: In many ways "imagining" a universe is hard, and "imagining" penises into and out of existence may be hard!

Maybe God is a rank amateur, and just altogether lacks the skill to actually change "the bits" or even lacks the imagination to just imagine the massive todger elsewhere.

So, "yes, no, yes."

you'll have to be a bit more specific

15d7kg.jpg

I don't think there is any mention of a penis on God in the Bible, but as I recall, there is a passage in Genesis where Adam is walking around the Garden of Eden one day and catches a quick glimpse of God's ass. So, there's that.

That was Moses who saw God's backside.

After the Noahic Deluge, we learn that God has nostrils, for what it's worth.

The basic problem here is simple. Any definition of an omnipotent entity which created the universe as we perceive, means by that definition, it will be something humans cannot grasp. The result is, any human's concept of such an entity will contain contradictions and paradoxes. These contradictions and paradoxes are the subject of arguments between humans and none can have any bearing on the nature of an omnipotent entity.

To put it specifically, no matter how wrong any human maybe in their concept of God, it has no bearing on whether God does, or doesn't exist.

I will observe, if there is a God, He(PYP) certainly seems to have a proclivity for watching people catch other people in an error.

The basic problem here is simple. Any definition of an omnipotent entity which created the universe as we perceive, means by that definition, it will be something humans cannot grasp. The result is, any human's concept of such an entity will contain contradictions and paradoxes. These contradictions and paradoxes are the subject of arguments between humans and none can have any bearing on the nature of an omnipotent entity.

To put it specifically, no matter how wrong any human maybe in their concept of God, it has no bearing on whether God does, or doesn't exist.

I will observe, if there is a God, He(PYP) certainly seems to have a proclivity for watching people catch other people in an error.
You significantly underestimate the grasp of humans.

First: any system can emulate any other system as long as it is turning complete. It does not matter whether it has a hyper-penis or whatever. I can say quite certainly that regardless of whether or not a creator god might exist, my views on it contain zero paradoxes or contradictions because...

My views of what gods CAN be and CAN do and the ways in which they CAN exist are based directly on example, and the implications this produces, including the implication that, like a Boltzmann Brain, it could just happen as a result of random chance.

Assuming the universe contains no real paradoxes or contradictions, observations of the metaphysics of this relationship would both hold and transfer to any universe bound to behave as "describable by math".

First: any system can emulate any other system as long as it is turning complete. It does not matter whether it has a hyper-penis or whatever. I can say quite certainly that regardless of whether or not a creator god might exist, my views on it contain zero paradoxes or contradictions because...

My views of what gods CAN be and CAN do and the ways in which they CAN exist are based directly on example, and the implications this produces, including the implication that, like a Boltzmann Brain, it could just happen as a result of random chance.

Assuming the universe contains no real paradoxes or contradictions, observations of the metaphysics of this relationship would both hold and transfer to any universe bound to behave as "describable by math".
Okay. So by your math, is it possible to describe a penis so large that God can't lift it?

Okay. So by your math, is it possible to describe a penis so large that God can't lift it?
As I said, it depends on the context of the question. "Yes, no, yes."

Back
Top Bottom