• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Does Melania Trump REALLY speak 5 languages?

Yep, just like Melanie, you are multilingual. Probably even qualifying for a job as an interpreter for the UN.

B-b-but I can't understand a word of Trumpeze - it sounds like gibberish to me. Isn't that disqualifying?

As for leaders using interpreters for languages that they know, they may not trust their level of expertise in those languages, especially if they are discussing something diplomatically sensitive.

Melania Trump's original name was Melanija Knavs. The j is a common Eastern European spelling for what English speakers spell with y. Serbia's official Roman-alphabet name is Srbija, for instance. When she moved to the US for her modeling career, she changed the spelling to Melania Knauss. Something easier for English speakers. Like my father changing the spelling of his last name from Petrić to Petrich; he is a Croat.

So she is now Melania Knauss Trump.

As to what languages she speaks, the most optimistic estimate is English, French, German, Italian, Serbo-Croatian, and Slovenian.

Given where she grew up, she would have to have had some acquaintance with most of these languages.

Here is the FSI's estimated difficulty for English speakers:
  • French, Italian, German
  • Slovenian, Serbo-Croatian
Estimated difficulty for a Slovenian speaker:
  • Serbo-Croatian
  • French, Italian, English, German
Slovenian and Serbo-Croatian are both Western South Slavic languages, and are very close. Serbo-Croatian has three main dialects, Kajkavian, Chakavian, and Shtovakian, and of these dialects, Kajkavian is the closest to Slovenian. In fact, it is almost a dialect chain: Slovenian - Kajkavian - Chakavian - Shtokavian ( South Slavic languages).

The Three Orgasms (presumably from Encyclopedia Britannica)
1- The Positive Orgasm
'Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes, YESSSSSSS!!!"
2- The Negative Orgasm
'Oh, no, no, no, no, NOOOOOO!!!"
3- The Lying Orgasm
'Oh, Donald -- Donallllld --- DONALLLLLLLLD!!!!!'

Back
Top Bottom