• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Does President Trump want a Reichstag Fire?

Doesn't congress have to authorize such an attack? How can Trump get away without that?

I understand congress have to authorize big and long war. If it's a short one like 3 months I think then POTUS can start it without asking permission. Yes, POTUS can attack any country but can't close Guantanamo :)

I think solution is simple - Congress votes on a law specifically forbidding POTUS to start a war.

Yeah, it's an initial 60 days and then a kind of automatic 30 day extension following that. Then Congress can either decide fund the conflict or not. If not, the conflict ends. It's the War Powers Act of 1973. Congress has never bothered with it.

As for Congress forbidding POTUS to start a war, they can't do that. It's not in their enumerated powers. Congress has the sole power to officially declare war, but they have no power to keep Trump from starting one all on his own.

If Mueller has something, and it's almost certain he does, he needs to start laying the big cards on the table because Trump is going to get us into a war with NK if he's not removed.

I'm sure (I hope) Mueller is far more aware of the possible timings than anyone else. If, for example, it takes 90 days from now for Trump to get into a politically-motivated war, then I suppose Mueller's deadline for presenting an indictment with whatever he has will be 89 days at most from now.

Wow. I guess there's a reason that's in the "Commentary" section. Not once does it mention that Leonard Blavatnik emigrated from the Soviet Union in 1978 and is a US citizen. Instead, all we get is "Ukrainian-born." He has no Russian citizenship. A US citizen donates to a US political party. Cats and dogs sleeping with each other, mass hysteria. I get that the folks here are suffering Stage III Trump Derangement Syndrome, but please try not to be so gullible.

Lol, when defending someone, he emigrated... when demonizing, they immigrated...

Is this your way of trying to keep the talking point of "immigration bad" clean?

Did this Russian spy "emigrate" here legally? was it "chain bad" migration?

Trump's grandmother got to the US from Scotland on a chain migration plan. So if it weren't for chain migration, there would be no US Trump family. OK, I'm convinced... Chain Bad.

He is ethnic Russian and a Putin butt-boy.
He is ethnic jew, ethnic russians were not allowed to emigrate. And article did fail to mention that he is naturalized US citizen. It created an impression that russian oligarchs were giving money to republican party.

He is ethnic Russian and a Putin butt-boy.
He is ethnic jew, ethnic russians were not allowed to emigrate. And article did fail to mention that he is naturalized US citizen. It created an impression that russian oligarchs were giving money to republican party.

Oh yeah, THAT would never happen.
</trumpidiot>

Back
Top Bottom