• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Does your ideology include a clause that says you should raise hell against evil religions?

Does your ideology include a clause that says you should raise hell against evil religions?

Seems like a decent overall ideology.

This, --- for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing, --- is a part of my ideology/theology, given that I call myself a Gnostic Christian.

Does yours, and how do you exercise that degrading chore?

Regards
DL
Loaded language. How isn't this just a carte blanche to label anything you don't like as evil and then attack it? I think you need more qualifiers.
That was my thought as well pretty much. No specific clause of that nature, but definitely an ideology of opposing injustice, abuse, fraud, manipulation, etc., and any ideologies that encourage or allow for such. So that would include much of what we call religion, but could also be secular ideologies. Specific beliefs and attitudes can be examined without regard to what group identities they're associated with. If inhumane or stupid beliefs are associated with a certain ideology, then, yeah, I oppose that ideology.

It would be a very religious mentality to consciously include a "clause" specifically for opposing religions without some kind of qualification other than just identifying a religion as "evil." We need to think about and articulate exactly why we would oppose a religion or ideology or some element(s) within them.
You and our friend should recognize, that in describing what we do not like as evil, we three would likely have to search hard for an issue where we would not agree.

I am always clear on why I bad mouth religions.

As we speak, the mainstream religions preach homophobia, misogyny and a fascist ideology, while most Western and other freedom loving nations governments are preaching for equality for gays and women.

Do you see that as good for your country?

Regards
DL

Is evolution evil yes or no.

Evolution is God's most exquisite invention. Assuming there's a God. And that He didn't steal someone else's invention.
If I am correct in my assumption, --- that the only thing stopping us from seeing life evolving all over the universe, is the speed of light, --- we would see life in the majority of the universe.

Like on Earth, we might be a plague.

Regards
DL

This, --- for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing, --- is a part of my ideology/theology, given that I call myself a Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL
Loaded language. How isn't this just a carte blanche to label anything you don't like as evil and then attack it? I think you need more qualifiers.
That was my thought as well pretty much. No specific clause of that nature, but definitely an ideology of opposing injustice, abuse, fraud, manipulation, etc., and any ideologies that encourage or allow for such. So that would include much of what we call religion, but could also be secular ideologies. Specific beliefs and attitudes can be examined without regard to what group identities they're associated with. If inhumane or stupid beliefs are associated with a certain ideology, then, yeah, I oppose that ideology.

It would be a very religious mentality to consciously include a "clause" specifically for opposing religions without some kind of qualification other than just identifying a religion as "evil." We need to think about and articulate exactly why we would oppose a religion or ideology or some element(s) within them.
You and our friend should recognize, that in describing what we do not like as evil, we three would likely have to search hard for an issue where we would not agree.

As we speak, the mainstream religions preach homophobia, misogyny and a fascist ideology, while most Western and other freedom loving nations governments are preaching for equality for gays and women.

Regards
DL

I've also made clear my reasons for objecting to certain ideas and teachings. Do you see fraud, abuse, injustice, manipulation, or inequality as good for anyone, individual or collectively? I oppose any ideology that espouses beliefs that encourage or allow for or excuse any of the above. It doesn't have to be religious. Objecting to "evil religion" might be a kind of mantra when you know what it stands for in your mind, but it's not a principle. At least, I hope your principles go deeper than that. There must be some underlying principles that help you identify what is an evil religion. NONE of my principles are religious or anti-religious in nature. Honestly, I'm not sure what you're arguing about or even what you think you're asking us.

Ideologies would have to include nationalism and ethnicity. Russia vs Ukraine. China arbitrarily declaring ownership of all of the South China Sea. The ridiculous Falkland Island War between Argentina and the Brits over a largely useful island with no strategic value.

China vs India over a small strip of land.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I've also made clear my reasons for objecting to certain ideas and teachings. Do you see fraud, abuse, injustice, manipulation, or inequality as good for anyone, individual or collectively? I oppose any ideology that espouses beliefs that encourage or allow for or excuse any of the above. It doesn't have to be religious. Objecting to "evil religion" might be a kind of mantra when you know what it stands for in your mind, but it's not a principle. At least, I hope your principles go deeper than that. There must be some underlying principles that help you identify what is an evil religion. NONE of my principles are religious or anti-religious in nature. Honestly, I'm not sure what you're arguing about or even what you think you're asking us.
I am asking if it is good to have our better secular ideology of inclusion of gays and women as equal, or if it is better to discriminate against both gays and women without a just cause.

Is that good for any country?

Regards
DL

Ideologies would have to include nationalism and ethnicity. Russia vs Ukraine. China arbitrarily declaring ownership of all of the South China Sea. The ridiculous Falkland Island War between Argentina and the Brits over a largely useful island with no strategic value.

China vs India over a small strip of land.
Ideologies do not have to include nationalism and ethnicity, although they are often related.

There are black and white Christians.

Look at any map of religions and note the nationalism.

Regards
DL

I am thinking of the Cold War where some pepple saw a commie behind every tree waiting to ambush then, quite literally. Macarthy's commie witc hunt lookmg for commies under rocks. One can weave religion into every negative about human existence.

Atheists can, like some theisst blame atheists, blame theists for everything wrong in the world.

I am thinking of the Cold War where some pepple saw a commie behind every tree waiting to ambush then, quite literally. Macarthy's commie witc hunt lookmg for commies under rocks. One can weave religion into every negative about human existence.

Atheists can, like some theisst blame atheists, blame theists for everything wrong in the world.
Or you can just intelligently examine the actual beliefs and attitudes of a religion and observe how those beliefs actually play out in the real world.

But if you're religious, even a religious atheist like yourself, it's not bloody likely you'll do that. Instead, you'll just continue to project the same blind, obedient tribalism onto atheists who criticize your religion.

True, but the atheist would be correct, given that the religious have always been the vast majority.

Atheists are more moral than theists.

Regards
DL

Back
Top Bottom